Hall Battle

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by xbbgunx, May 13, 2008.

?

How do you Like My Map?

Poll closed Jul 12, 2008.
  1. Kick Ass

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Pretty Good

25.0%
  3. Okay

37.5%
  4. Needs Improvement

12.5%
  5. LAME!

25.0%
  1. xbbgunx

xbbgunx Ancient

Hall Battle
    Bathed in frozen moonlight, this abandoned drilling platform is now a monument to human frailty. Many of the access ways have been frozen shut, leaving limited access to different areas of the platform.

Download Map

This map has been edited for one way assault and 1 flag. It has been Two way objective enabled but not tested. In the event you somehow get outside the intended map area there is a teleporter on the helipad. The defending side has the ability to camp and kill incoming attackers, however if the attacking team moves fast they can postion themselves and attempt to elimnate most of the opposong team so they can have a clear run to the flag. There are a few simple and not so obvious strategies to this map so I will leave it up to you to figure them out from the screen shots and as you play. The default one flag variant works well. For assualt you may want a variant with a quick or imediate fuse. For a challenge you can play with the fuse times. New game variants may be in the works for this map specificaly...

You spawn in a isolated room and take a lift out.
    [​IMG]

On your way out of your spawn room there are some goodies to pick up. Use them wisely...
    [​IMG]

When you teleport be prepared for campers in the room...
    [​IMG]

You have two ways you can go. The open way or...
    [​IMG]

You can drop into the lower tunnel to infiltrate the base
    [​IMG]

The Flag is at the top of the lift. You must return it to the Teleport outlet room...
    [​IMG]

#1 xbbgunx, May 13, 2008
    Last edited: May 13, 2008
  2. Y35 <3

Y35 <3 Ancient

wait
    is this an objective game?
    i see its CTF, but it looks to be one sided
    and also, if it IS one sided CTF you forgot to add the gametype link so that we can actuely play your map :)

EDIT: i take that back lol, sorry, i was so focused that you actuelly had pictures and good ones that i didn't read the gameplay

#2 Y35 <3, May 13, 2008
    Last edited: May 13, 2008
  3. xbbgunx

xbbgunx Ancient

Yeah one sided.... I thought I put that in the discription? I'll check and fix.

4. link51

link51 Ancient

Let me start by saying welcome to FH, For your first map, it seems to look quite nice, I'm presonally not a big fan of dedicated camping, but it could make for quite a nice map. If my content limit wasn't running high, I'd download and check out

5. CaMOfo

CaMOfo Ancient

The gameplay on here looks fun, it's rare to see good maps on blackout.

6. BarkusTheMan 1

BarkusTheMan 1 Ancient

hmm, looks pretty good, nice description. the map looks pretty good, nice armory and everything. looks pretty fun overall!

7. xbbgunx

xbbgunx Ancient

thanks for the welcome. Thanks for the positive feed back but it would be cool of people tried em and got back to me.

8. Fly

Fly Ancient

I think that anything is fun, but this may be boring at times/IMO. Keep tying and you will get better.

9. LOCK.xcf

LOCK.xcf Ancient

interesting idea, its once in a blue moon some one maps a good on blackout, ill probably give it a go!!!

10. BIGGnelson

BIGGnelson Ancient

This could be good but i dont see anything special about it

11. xbbgunx

xbbgunx Ancient

Im online right now with nothing to do. I dont have many freinds and most i have don play halo much. My gamertag is xbbgunx add me or invite me if you want t play my map because I want to try it with different people.

12. link51

link51 Ancient

send a friend request to me, im not on right now but will prob be on in about 10 min or so, gamertags newbpwner92

13. xbbgunx

xbbgunx Ancient

okay did and done

14. Linubidix

Linubidix Ancient

THis doesnt impress me.
    You've blocked off some areas and placed some equipment and objective points

15. provomit

provomit Ancient

it seems interesting i may DL and try

16. xbbgunx

xbbgunx Ancient

ouch. okay. well yeah Its kinda in the discription. Its just the fact that you have little ways to go to get to the flag. It takes skill to get past the camping defenders. I accept your criticism because its true. this is only my third project. My second was disgusting and im not posting it. The first is a feeble attempt at a small slayer map. I may post it in honor of it being my first creation soon but i dont expect people to like it.

17. SPAGETTII

SPAGETTII Ancient

looks quite interesting i suppose