Halcyon

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Fritzster, Dec 28, 2009.

1. Fritzster

Fritzster Silly Goose

Halcyon project [status-update 3/19/10]

Map is Released! Here's the DOWNLOAD THREAD

- - - - - - -
    Update Friday, March 19, 2010

The Halcyon map project was delayed, but now back in business. I've started to get my new Halcyon map playable on its concept file, as some of you may know. Halcyon at this stage plays KoTH and TS gametypes and I'm pretty confident of the design in its entirety. I'm currently working on gameplay and completely forging a final version of Halcyon Beta on a new canvas; the supa dupa clean version, and flying through the tedious work every other day switching with gameplay respectively.

So if you see me online waiting in a custom game lobby-testing halcyon or on other maps feel free to let me know if you want in. A lot of work went into getting it where my halcyon project is today. Only one last milestone remains. I usually switch up maps if anyone has them about every 3-4 games, so let me know.

Hey guys I'm rolling back the curtain on this one. This is a preview of my new map project that will release in February of 2010. Halcyon will be included in the MLG Map Pack 2.

Any thoughts/comments are much appreciated. Thanks!

#1 Fritzster, Dec 28, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2010
  2. oh knarly

oh knarly Ancient

:O This looks amazing, absolutely stunning fritz. Its hard to say how it'll play but I can't wait to get some games on this. Good luck with it.

3. G043R

G043R Ancient

Remember how I was saying you should go for your own ICONIC move on sandbox? This would be what I consider exactly what I asked for and expanding on it.

Mainly where I like say is that your both adding a great level of height advantage as well under the map cover. It should be interesting to see this unfold in release. I would like to see you do some Tester Guild testing because I would love to play test this ...but do what cha want man. Happy forging.

4. Given To Fly

Given To Fly MP Level Designer
    343 Industries

Next Regicide? Maybe not. It looks as if it could be a little crampped together down at the bottom. I like it overall I guess, but it just doesn't scream, Fritz to me.. Idk what I'm saying. I would love to co-forge a map, but not this one. There's just something about it.. I wish I could be more helpful, but it just kind of puzzles me.

5. BodeyBode

BodeyBode Ancient

This map is looking great. I like the top mid especially as it looks like a great power position with many ways up which makes it harder to control. Great job and i'm looking forward to when you finish this. Invite me for testing (YourSelf714)

6. savagebamf

savagebamf Ancient

This is looking awesome, mayne! Can't wait to get some playtest on this thing (no xbox ftl), and as always look sexy play sexy!

7. DeathstarsOG

DeathstarsOG Ancient

Ok, we've seen the preview, now get this beast done so we can play it gosh dangit.

8. Psychoduck

Psychoduck Spartan II
    343 Industries Cartographer Forge Critic Senior Member

I like it... a lot. Send me a PM when you test cuz I would love to play it.

9. Fritzster

Fritzster Silly Goose

I'm still forging strong for the next two weeks. Halcyon will be playable sometime around January 16-18.

10. Decadence Night

Decadence Night Ancient

this has a very distinct forerunner felling to it. i love it. can't wait to see the final product. what's the object count on your design?

11. Fritzster

Fritzster Silly Goose

I've redone the middle and shifted objects all over the map since this preview. So last week I've started on a reliable OLN canvas and pretty much triple checked the inventory limit, global budget and hard limit for Halcyon.

Remember there's 640 total objects for sandbox.

The sketchup is telling me that I have 354 objects. That includes all geometry, 24 spawn points, some objectives and weapons. All king objectives and spawn areas are not counted toward this number since I haven't made them in my sketchup however. Not bad, it's definitely the budget that I have to worry about near the completion as usual. Nothing is being cut, at least not that I can see, I hope.

12. Fritzster

Fritzster Silly Goose

The Halcyon map project was delayed, but now back in business. I've started to get my new Halcyon map playable on its concept file, as some of you may know. Halcyon at this stage plays KoTH and TS gametypes and I'm pretty confident of the design in its entirety. I'm currently working on gameplay and completely forging a final version of Halcyon Beta on a new canvas; the supa dupa clean version, and flying through the tedious work every other day switching with gameplay respectively.

So if you see me online waiting in a custom game lobby-testing halcyon or on other maps feel free to let me know if you want in. A lot of work went into getting it where my halcyon project is today. Only one last milestone remains. I usually switch up maps if anyone has them about every 3-4 games, so let me know.

13. Conkerkid11

Conkerkid11 Ancient

I didn't get a chance to see this the first time around, and I still have yet to actually set foot on Halcyon, but dang Fritzster this looks impressive. By far one of the most detailed maps I have seen in quite some time.

I'd be glad to test this with you sometime, but I've got a very busy schedule this week with my family and stuff. If I see you waiting in a custom game lobby, there is no way I'm passing up a play-through on this beautiful map.

14. Fritzster

Fritzster Silly Goose

Thanks for joining in on the testing games conkerkid. That was the most productive day for testing I've had on Halcyon.

My re-forged final version of Halcyon should be done in mid week. It already looks a ton better and will play smoother than the concept canvas "alpha" version most of you played on with me. From there I'll play a handful of beta games before release to catch anything that might go unnoticed. KoTH and TS are looking great from all the games put into the map already.