H a l o

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Zerosun, Oct 15, 2010.

1. Zerosun

Zerosun Ancient

[​IMG]

1 more in new style im experimenting on.

2. just defy

just defy Ancient

lookin good but id suggest taking more time with the smudgin. parts look sloppy, and repetitive.

overall look great though. loving the colors. overused render. lighting is done overboard. turn down the opacity.

3. Juggernaut

Juggernaut Ancient

I'm interested in the smudging style and settings. They look beautiful like an aurora. It also seems you've got a little warp or displacement in there too. Overall I love the colors and the softness.

4. Frag Man

Frag Man Ancient

If you want it to look less repetitive, then I think the sensible idea would be to go with LESS smudging, yes?
    It's an experiment. Why the hell are you calling the render overused?

Lighting is fine, but colors are much too contrasting to the render. The hippy colors can stay, but do something about the render to blend a little.

The smudging looks beautiful by the way.

5. Stoj

Stoj Ancient

no

this doesn't even make sense

-

also, why is it as one gets better at making pieces like this, the canvas begins to become smaller? :p

#5 Stoj, Nov 24, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2010
  6. Frag Man

Frag Man Ancient

Considering the fact that the whole piece is smudged, I'd say yes. I don't know how you could put more smudging.

Why would you worry about the render being overused if it's just an experiment? It does not change the outcome of anything. He's not keeping the signature, he's not using the signature. He's not entering it in a contest. I can see why it would play a role if he was actually trying to enter this in something, or was making it for someone.

RSTedit:
    play nice fraggy, only warning on that front.

#6 Frag Man, Nov 24, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2010
  7. Knight Kninja

Knight Kninja Ancient

reminds me a lot of your sprite sigs... i like it though.. kind of cartoonish and stuff