Gyotd (Graveyard of the Dead)

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Casual Maps' started by xxbaddboyyxx, Jun 24, 2008.

?

How would you rate this map?

1. Poor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Bad

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Good, but needs improvement.

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  4. Pwnage!!

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. xxbaddboyyxx

xxbaddboyyxx Ancient

Story:
    It has been many years since the begin of the zombie raid. Few people live and are gathered in an old graveyard. The only cover is a house whose only entrance is hidden within a box down a slope near their hiding spot. The zombies have broken out of their graves once again and have begun wreaking havoc within the graveyard, destroying anything in sight, even graves. The humans have nothing to do but use the teleporter in the box and arm themselves. Taking cover, the humans, nervous and anxious, await the zombie arrival. It is up to them to stop the infection.

Prepare for a thrilling, excitement-filled game of infection. best played with 8-16 people. But you probably don't care about this. So here are the pics!

[​IMG]
    Zombie Start.

[​IMG]
    Zombies can come out here...

[​IMG]
    ...and here. They can also use any of the various doors in the hallway.

[​IMG]
    Human Start.

[​IMG]
    Overview of Human start.

[​IMG]
    The box that gets you into the house.

[​IMG]
    In order for the zombies to get into the box, they need to move this wire spool by slashing it over to the box.

[​IMG]
    ...Like this. Making the jump from floor to spool is easy, but going from spool to box will require crouch jumping.

[​IMG]
    Where the box takes you.

[​IMG]
    The rocket shelf over the stairs in the main room.

[​IMG]
    Going up those stairs will take you here. In the top right corner, behind the wall is a flamethrower. In the top left corner, going over there will take you....

[​IMG]
    ...here. And going through this teleporter will take you...

[​IMG]
    ...here. After you hit the mancannons, you will be launched into another box which will take you to the main room. If you can slow yourself in the mancannon room, maybe you can find a hiding spot from the zombies. =P

[​IMG]
    The Zombie "Graves" that they have broken out of.

[​IMG]
    Some of the Wreckage cause by the Zombies.

[​IMG]
    More Trash.

There is also a sword tunnel outside the house for the humans that feel the need to have, well, a sword. Be cautious, for you never know when a zombie may attack!

This is my first posted map. I would like comments, suggestions, advice, etc. Rate, Download, and Enjoy!

P.S. If anyone wants to be a forge partner or just have a friend, add or pm me over Live. Adds are always accepted.

Download Map
    Download Game Varient

#1 xxbaddboyyxx, Jun 24, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2008
  2. Elkan Viel

Elkan Viel Ancient

Nice interlocking and map, though it does look a little open. Adding some more cover would be something for a version 2.

3. Oakly HiDef

Oakly HiDef RivalMass

good ideas and i like the map so i give it a 4/5. But it might be hard for the zombies to realise what to do in order to get to the teleporter. And how come in the picture of the infected side it looks like a zombie has a needler

4. M.Jelleh

M.Jelleh Ancient

looks pretty good, and most of your interlocking is solid, but you should fix your little interlocking problems like the two boxes at the bottom of the human start -jelly

a pmp nmd slkbk likes this.
  5. Y35 <3

Y35 <3 Ancient

i like your idea in the begenning, the only concern is that there is WAY to much cover for the human, they could camp with a rocket all day, another concern i have is getting two people and standing on the teleporters, then the zombies would be stuck. or camping behind the teleporter for assasinations

6. xxbaddboyyxx

xxbaddboyyxx Ancient

The zombies' main weapons are Swords and needlers.

7. xxbaddboyyxx

xxbaddboyyxx Ancient

Do you mean the cover outside of the house? If so, then that cover is for zombies.

8. Randle Scandal

Randle Scandal Ancient

It's a very good map, but I would have chosen a different title, Graveyard of the Dead is fairly redundant. The quality is great though! the well merged boxes, the careful interlocking, it looks excellent! Keep up the good work! Happy forging!
    ~Randle $candal

9. BennyIV

BennyIV Ancient

looks great for your first map

10. xxbaddboyyxx

xxbaddboyyxx Ancient

Thanks! =)

11. a P3Rson

a P3Rson Ancient

well it's definatley more than ur average zombie house...

12. xxbaddboyyxx

xxbaddboyyxx Ancient

I need people that want to help me on v2. PM on here or Live and add me if you want to help.

13. Jester

Jester Ancient

I like the concept, but I have a few suggestions that you may want to consider.

First off, the human starting area seems to be a very defendable area. If I know people who play infection, and I do, most of them will camp there and ruin the entire experience. Might I suggest having them start inside the house?

Secondly, the teleporters always cause trouble. They can be blocked, camped, and just generally exploited. I noticed that you have some great skill with interlocking; perhaps you could engineer small entrances that the infected could use to enter the house?

Thirdly, the house seems to be a bit empty. Adding more dividers and rooms would increase suspense, especially if humans lack motion trackers.

If you want my help with the second version, don't hesitate to add me.

Overall an excellent map! I don't like to give numerical ratings, so I'll just say it looks very nice.

~Jester LS~

14. xxbaddboyyxx

xxbaddboyyxx Ancient

I am looking for a forge partner/partners. Would you like to help??

15. bluepenguin23

bluepenguin23 Ancient

wow this is a nice map that has good interlocking! you must haven taken a while to build this! nice job!

16. xxbaddboyyxx

xxbaddboyyxx Ancient

thanx. =)

17. TehOne

TehOne Ancient

It looks good, but inside the fort looks a little open. I like the head stones.

18. xxbaddboyyxx

xxbaddboyyxx Ancient

what should i put in???

19. xxbaddboyyxx

xxbaddboyyxx Ancient

still looking for some forge partners....