Gundam

Discussion in 'Featured Maps' started by TrueDarkFusion, Feb 5, 2008.

?

How would you rate this map?

1. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 4

8.3%
  5. 5

91.7%
  1. TrueDarkFusion

TrueDarkFusion Ancient

Gundam
    Created by FrenchFryDreads (Aka Dread420fry)

"As anime writers say - if all else fails, throw in a mech."

This recreation of a Gundam is Dread's first of hopefully many aesthetic maps. The structure of the giant beam sword to the remarkably detailed face on this fellow makes this creation an accomplished feat. While the map is aesthetically based, surprisingly it is still playable. Players have the ability to enter one on the Gundam's legs and scale the mech. Ultimately players can climb up to the head and utilize the spartan lasers located inside.

/home/tp-images/Image/face.jpg
    /home/tp-images/Image/front.jpg
    /home/tp-images/Image/beamsaber.jpg
    /home/tp-images/Image/lasers.jpg

Download Gundam

#1 TrueDarkFusion, Feb 5, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2008
  2. Egoender

Egoender Ancient

My.......god.

3. Player 0

Player 0 Ancient

Incredible. The fact that the face is as detailed as the rest of the body is just incredible.

4. Titmar

Titmar Le Mar du Teet

Dude i didnt notice the sword when u showed me before... that is awesome.

5. TrueDarkFusion

TrueDarkFusion Ancient

Yep. It even has fingers!

6. SykoOne

SykoOne Ancient

Wow this is awesome. So much detail. Looks like there was alot of work put into this.

7. Shock Theta

Shock Theta Father of 4chub
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Should I say it? Yeah I will! This stomps all over Bungienator! Great work Dreads!

8. IxGUNxSLINGERxI

IxGUNxSLINGERxI Ancient

dang that looks sexy

9. xXmooregamesXx

xXmooregamesXx Ancient

I looked at the face and went "That is in Halo, right?!?!?" This is amazing!

10. ArTuZo27

ArTuZo27 Ancient

here it goes again..ppl comparing this with Bungienator..it might be with more detail, but the idea was made by alex, I dont know why but ppl in forgehub hates him and all his maps, bungienator is the best map i ever seen i guess th dl say the same

11. Geist

Geist Ancient

Awesome!I always loved Gundam.This does amazing justice to it.

12. CHUCK

CHUCK Why so serious?

i just ejaculated on my keyboard. wow dude, thats f***ing insane!
    ive never been impressed by a robot of any kind until now. and the fact that it's modeled after something, makes it crazier.

mad props from chuck!

13. DareDefyMe88

DareDefyMe88 Ancient

Wow that is too great for words! Great job.

Those lasers are hawt.

14. TrueDarkFusion

TrueDarkFusion Ancient

I am tired of holding my tongue and now you people (Alex & Co.) have brought this to our home territory so I will just let my mouth run now. So it seems we have some problems to address.

1. Why did you bother to register to flame the featured map?

2. A giant robot is hardly an original idea. Anything recreated in Halo is hardly an original idea. If someone was to create a toaster in Halo it wouldn't be their original idea, they got it from somewhere else.

3. This isn't a random robot, it's actually based on something and is extremely well done.

4. The Forge Hub Staff does not have a problem with AlextheGreat, but we do disagree with his methods. Oh and if he told you some story about why he was banned it was for continually pulling his "let's have a random conversation in my Bunginator thread with my 'friends' and bump it with replies like 'lol.'" This misconduct and behavior that is fine on the Bungie forums doesn't fly here and won't be tolerated. So yes he was banned for 1 week for bumping despite several warnings then an additional 2 weeks for attempting to avoid his ban. This was actually generous because our mandate says avoiding a ban would result in a perma ban.

5. Don't you think it is childish that he went off to create a website that mimics FH almost to a "T" after we declined his Guilder application? He even took the concept of TGIF and just changed the day and name of it. Seems like something that would come up in 5th grade. "Well you won't let me join your club? I'll go make my own club, nah nah. :p"

With what I just said in #5 don't you think it is hypocritical to accuse Dread of not being original? I mean last time I checked ProForge stole as you put it "the idea" from Forge Hub. The only difference in this situation is that this "rip off" of "the idea" was done better and Dread can actually spell.

*End Rant*

15. ShadowSnip3r RC

ShadowSnip3r RC Ancient

This.....is........by far.......the best..............mech I have seen.

16. Lemonyguy47

Lemonyguy47 Ancient

Bungienator wasn't worth downloading... it was just a giant robot made out of boxes and teleporters... where as this map has some of the best detail I've ever seen... and you talk as if he owns the idea of making giant mannequins, but he doesn't, and no one is copying him, and even if this was also another giant robot it still isn't copying him. You can't just decide who was the first to come up with something like this, because you don't know who did, and if you did it wouldn't make a difference. It's only copying if they make an almost exact copy of something.

- Lemon :squirrel_rubberduck:

17. TXGhost

TXGhost Ancient

This is really cool. Beam Sword, Laser Eyes, Giant Robot, what more could you ask for.

18. Udawg16

Udawg16 Ancient

This look like it took alot of time. I give it a 5/5 after seeing the sword.

19. SuperMarioLuigi

SuperMarioLuigi Ancient

20. Shock Theta

Shock Theta Father of 4chub
    Forge Critic Senior Member