Guide to "Distortion."

Discussion in 'Screenshot Guides' started by Leeumm, Feb 3, 2009.

1. Leeumm

Leeumm Ancient

Some people thought, at first glance, that this pic was photoshopped. I can see how, considering the effect it gives.
    [​IMG]

This can be done on just about every map, you just need to spawn deployable cover. It's basically about what you want your background to be. So,

1. Go into a game of forge with your desired color and weapon.
    2. Spawn deployable cover.
    3. Stand in front of your desired background (can also be on the edge of a cliff, etc.)
    4. Throw the deployable cover and destroy it by any means you'd like (I like spike grenades).
    5. Head into theater and slow down the film at the time you destroy the Deployable Cover.

What happens is, when you slow down the film at the time you destroy the deployable cover, on the last couple of frames of it blowing up, the main shield turns into basically water. So when you look through it at your spartan (or elite), everything appears to be watery/distorted.

A tip I have is don't take the pic when everything is completed distorted, the pic may come out pixelized. So take your pic near the end of the explosion of the deployable cover.

For my pic, I did it in the "Ice Room" on Avalanche. I stood against the wall and through two spike grenades (first one weakened the shield, second blew it up), so that way I had a spike grenade effect along with the distortion.

You can always play around with it too, through in a few FXs. I had juicy on for my picture.

Thanks for reading. Hope that helped.

2. Black Theorem

Black Theorem Ancient
    Forge Critic Senior Member

thanks, i assumed you made a prop to make the BR seem longer. appreciate the technique, not many people start threads here.

3. dontknowme42

dontknowme42 Ancient

thnx for the tutorial i think there should be more tutorials
    like this in the future good job 5 silver stars i dont like gold
    not my color( you can has platinum if you would like)

4. Leeumm

Leeumm Ancient

Yeah, I figured I'd post a how-to on this one. People were curious about it, and I didn't see too many guides here.

The effect on the BR wasn't intentional, but it turned out well.

5. RightSideTheory

RightSideTheory Legendary
    Forge Critic Senior Member

This is a really cool effect. I havn't seen it like this very much. I might would try it out in a minute, but I sadly can't. Thanks for the tutorial though.

6. Plasma Napkin

Plasma Napkin Ancient

I already posted almost the same guide here, but using the effect when it recharges. This one seems more useful for other effects, since you can add one by destroying it.

With the recharging one, you can make it more "distorted" though. (You have to fly into it then)

7. NAU6HTY F1R3MAN

NAU6HTY F1R3MAN Ancient

Nice effect. Did you find this out? I don't really care i am just stoked that you posted it.

8. Missileplatypus

Missileplatypus Ancient

That's awesome thanks for the guide

9. Bean456

Bean456 Ancient

thanks i'll have to try that