Sandbox Guardian remake

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Aesthetic Maps' started by cowboypickle23, May 21, 2009.

1. Souperintendent

Souperintendent Ancient

Pretty cool job man! It's OK that the Walls are crooked, because Bungie announced that it's a glitch in the game.

2. GOG TOXIC

GOG TOXIC Ancient

I have to wonder. If this is a complete remake, why wouldn't I just play on normal guardian? Especialy cause it's almost guaranteed to be better. Remake boarding action or somehow blood gulch. Someone must be able to do it!

3. spartin2000

spartin2000 Ancient

dude why make a remake of guardian when you can play on guardian itself cause if i wanted to I would so really, I am sorry but i don't like it because there is nothing to prevent you from running straight off not jumping off. and that center piece should be elevated more, it needs to be more round and last its not that big.Try again

4. GRIFFIN XIII

GRIFFIN XIII Ancient

The map looks decent, but my question is why do you want to re-make Gaurdian, a map that everyone has and cant get rid of?

5. M3A SkOrGe

M3A SkOrGe Ancient

good effort man you did a really nice job on it but some parts dont reflect how the old gaurdian was,nice job though 4.5/5

6. MDIGN

MDIGN Ancient

good try, but it needs work and lots of it. 3/5

7. Kalriq

Kalriq Ancient

Was Goatnuts being sarcastic? I think he sounded like it.
    Dude its nice you try and make remakes, but the thing is that nothing compares to the original.
    It looks nothing like guardian and doesn't capture anything of it, not aesthetically, not in gameplay.
    Better luck next time.
    Maybe you should make your OWN map.

8. XxBurkiexX

XxBurkiexX Ancient

I dont see the point to remake a map thats on the game already. You seem to have just wasted your time.

9. TheReaper9456

TheReaper9456 Ancient

AWW DANGIT I WAS GONNA DO A REMAKE OF GUARDIAN!! lol well its not a bad map but it doesnt look much like it so i'm gonna do my own remake

10. Grim 104

Grim 104 Ancient
    Banned

I recomend touching up on some small details, but overall you have the basic sence of Guardian, thus I would give it a 7/10. But I think it is worthy of much more!

11. x Rosati x

x Rosati x Ancient

Why would you remake a map that is already placed in the game?

12. lVlr Me 2

lVlr Me 2 Forerunner

I actually tried to do this a whileee ago but i had no luck. This looks kinda like a good replica but it looks a tad messy fromt he pictures. Thats exactly what I ahd trouble with when I tried

13. elitebiker18

elitebiker18 Forerunner

Dude this looks nothing like it. For one, Guardian is more rounded than it is boxed and you clearly dont have as much detail as guardian. You need to work on your forging skills.

14. Phenomenal

Phenomenal Ancient

Wow, I don't usually get too pissed off, but posts like this can really infuriate me. First of all, if you didn't realize, this map was made more than a year ago. But with a post like that, I can essentially assume that you aren't aware of many things on this site. CowboyPickle is one of the best forgers I know as seen by his numerous incredible maps. Not only was this one of his first maps, but he released an incredible guardian remake after this.

Telling someone to work on their forging skills without knowing any of this is absolutely absurd, so think before you talk, buddy.