Guard Home

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by Scriptwriter, Jul 7, 2008.

1. Scriptwriter

Scriptwriter Ancient

Title:
    "Guard Home" is a map that can be used for multiple game settings. DL here
    Usage:
    It is best played as an MLG map (But you would need to remove several weapons for MLG playing) or used for CTF, and Assualt settings. This map has the basic two bases with the power weapons in the center. It's hard to explain try it out it is an awesome map, one of my best. DL here

Description:
    There are two equal bases (nearly) identical to eachother. Eachside is equal in strength, until either team reaches the power ups and (power) weapons. There are three weapons that highly determine the outcome of the came; the RL which I rate as the #1 weapon in this map, is located in the center at the highest point in the map (see pic[A]). The #2 weapon in this map must be the SR because of the various sniper perches throughout the map, the SR is located through the RT hand teleporter (when facing the RL) from there you must find the center sniper perch where the SR lays (see pic ). Finally the #3 weapon is byfar the Shotgun because there are various corners and turns on the bottom level which are great for suprising enemies, the Shotguns are located on either side of the RL on the lowest floor in the open 2x boxes (see pics [C]). DL here

Here are some pics...

[A] The Overview
    [​IMG]

[C] Oversheild side
    [​IMG]

[C] Invis side
    [​IMG]

Sniper walk
    [​IMG]

Each side has identical bases; with two teleporting doorways that lead to different sniper perches.
    [​IMG]

Center sniper perch with the SR & SL
    [​IMG]

There are weapons that can aid your team in battle if you get to them first, that is...
    [​IMG]

Hidden equipment is placed in center location allow equal chance of obtaining them.
    [​IMG]

Don't forget the power weapons
    [​IMG]

Plz download and comment
    DLD here

#1 Scriptwriter, Jul 7, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2008
  2. Guitarmasta2

Guitarmasta2 Ancient

really cool design. im def going to check it out.

I really like the interlocking of the single box in the middle of the staircase. it will add some attacking from above. very cool!

3. SVD Zero

SVD Zero Ancient

this looks pretty cool, i may check it out in the near future because my xbox bricked :'( but when i get it back i'll check it out

4. HumBoys

HumBoys Ancient

Not entirely new, but cool nonetheless. Very clean. The teleporter doors are always a plus, too. 4/5, in my opinion, from the pictures.

5. Silent oo death

Silent oo death Ancient

Nice hybushu armor it's not like i have ever seen anything like that armor before. But the map looks pretty cool and neat I might dnl'd later.

6. doughens12

doughens12 Ancient

this looks awesome! i like the interlocking particularly. Im definitely gonna download and check this out!

7. Own3dyoo

Own3dyoo Ancient

its very nicely done
    clean interlocking

one thing though
    if you were to play it on mlg gametype mlg doesnt use firebombs or shotguns

8. bam3214

bam3214 Ancient

there needs to be a little more of overview pics to see the rest of the map. but it looks good. you used some good forging techniques like the teleporter in the door. so 4.5/5

EDIT: for more pics, i would like to see more of the down low middle. There is only the one first pic showing it, but its hard to tell whats really down there

9. Phoenix619

Phoenix619 Ancient

Nice interlocking, looks like a great map design.

10. KrappR42

KrappR42 Ancient

Looks good from where I'm sitting. A definite download for me. The interlocking looks clean and the entire map looks good. Looking forward to playing on it. 5/5

11. Camoflaug

Camoflaug Ancient

not bad but it is a bit hectic but you have some good interlocking skills.