Guarana

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by TXGhost, Mar 29, 2008.

1. TXGhost

TXGhost Ancient

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Download Guarana

Author: TXGhost
    Recommended Gametypes: Slayer, FFA Oddball, FFA KoTH

Guarana, you can find this in most energy drinks these days. Making you upbeat, energetic and most of all annoying. This map is made for a fast paced, energetic game of slayer, that will not let you down.

This may be one of my most favorite maps that I have made and have played on. Everything that could be interlocked on this map was interlocked. This was done to provide a smooth experience for the players.

The first building that I will mention is the main building. This building features a large room, which is fairly open. It has a drop hole to the basement. This is a great building which reminds me a lot of the main room on the Bungie map, Guardian.

[​IMG]

The second section of the map, is a room that comes off the main building. This is a little more close combat due to walls blocking some sections off. Stairs lead you down to the center part of the map. This room also features a porch/deck.

[​IMG]

The third section of the map is the small building. This is located directly in front of the main building. This also features a close combat style of playing. A tunnel leads you to the fourth section of the map.

[​IMG]
    Outside

[​IMG]
    Inside

The fourth part of the map is very open, yet sort of secluded. This part of the map has a BR platform that can see a good half of the map. This section is located directly in front of the side room (the second section I talked about).

[​IMG]

This map is full of surprises and great gameplay. Hopefully you guys will enjoy this map. I worked very hard interlocking everything and making smooth floors. This map plays only Free-For-All games, such as Slayer, Oddball, and KoTH. The recommended people for this game is 4-6, although it is set up for eight people. If you really want to play this map with more than eight people go right ahead, just it will not be fun.

Overview Screenshot:
    [​IMG]

Here are some Battle Screenshots of the map.

[​IMG]
    Ferret Cleaning up the Tunnels

[​IMG]
    TXGhost vs Predicide

[​IMG]
    Gunslinger Needlin' Me in the Back

[​IMG]
    Battle Royale

Download Guarana

2. Tinginho

Tinginho Ancient

wow dude this map is insane i especially like the middle

3. TXGhost

TXGhost Ancient

Not to sound ungracious of a good comment, but I just posted this like a minute ago. How could you have read all that I just posted. People, if you do post a comment on my map, at least take the time out to actually read about my map. I didn't post a bunch of text just because I like writing.

4. Dizfunky

Dizfunky Ancient

The gameplay on this map looks like it would be amazing. The interlocking is the best I have seen. It is precise and placement of scenery is great. One of my favs too; dl'ed for sure.

5. Sgt Grabow

Sgt Grabow Ancient

Looks great. I down loaded it.

6. whitelime

whitelime Ancient

glad to say that this map looks amazing i like the name that you gave it and the pictures at the start justs adds that little spark to the post. i like that you have interlocked everything possible and that you took your time with the map. it looks great with the open and closed areas. what are the power weapons on this level? but i have to say that it looks like you have done a great job will be sure to d/l when xbox come back.

7. ToochieHxC

ToochieHxC Ancient

YAY txghost posted another map :D looks great, serio.

8. TXGhost

TXGhost Ancient

There is a Rocket Launcher, Invis, and a Needler. Most everything else is a BR, CC, AR, or a duel. It is a small map so I couldn't really add a sniper to it. Oh yeah there is also a Brute Shot.

Yup. And thanks, this was a hard one for me.

9. iversonrocks03

iversonrocks03 Ancient

wow this map looks absolutely stunning it sounds like the weapons are all balanced out well

The second section looks cool and intresting but the inside looks a bit plain but maybe cause there is only one screenshot

Anyway good job

U got my download

10. Iv0rY Snak3

Iv0rY Snak3 Ancient

this looks great and btw creative name,but what is with the open single box next to the truck? is there anything in it or is it purely aesthetic?

11. TXGhost

TXGhost Ancient

The open single box has rockets in it. Also it si supposed to be a tipped over truck.

12. Orangeremi

Orangeremi Ancient

I really like this one. Does it work for 1v1?
    I'd go for a go right now...

13. Iv0rY Snak3

Iv0rY Snak3 Ancient

ohh ok, it works well and i think it was smart placement since if you get ambushed to get out you need to blow your self up or, have an unbelievably lucky leprichaun

14. the whyher

the whyher Ancient

great job, you know what I like, Forge maps are getting better and better all the time!!! Keep it up...

15. VestigeL

VestigeL Ancient

This is a really great map. I don't kow what else to say... good use of interlocking?

16. TXGhost

TXGhost Ancient

It can play 1v1, just the map is bigger ten it appears and you have to start hunting the other player after a while.

Thanks for all the great comments everyone.

17. Bottlecap

Bottlecap Ancient

First off no has to read anything, most people just glaze over the screenshots, secondly, you didn't write that much and I read it in about a minute, so I really don't understand why you would post a comment against positive feedback.

18. IxGUNxSLINGERxI

IxGUNxSLINGERxI Ancient

im glad you posted this and i assume you fixed the way out of the map i showed you right

19. TXGhost

TXGhost Ancient

Of course. Some other people found some ways out too, so I fixed it. One guy was actually saying my map wasn't fun because he couldn't get out hah.

20. DrGregoryHouse

DrGregoryHouse Ancient

This looks amazing! I'm queuing it up right now on BNet.