GTA V General Discussion

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by serumembryo, Sep 26, 2011.

1. Elite Warrior5

Elite Warrior5 Forerunner

New Screens:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#161 Elite Warrior5, Mar 28, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2013
  2. Nutduster

Nutduster TCOJ

That outdoors and countryside stuff looks tasty. That was my favorite aspect of San Andreas - can't wait to get to dirt bikin' around the country in this game!

3. Nutduster

Nutduster TCOJ

4. DunkinMyCookies

DunkinMyCookies Ancient

Them trailers got me stoked. Can't wait.. must.. freeeeze.. self

[​IMG]

5. cluckinho

cluckinho Well Known

#165 cluckinho, May 2, 2013
    Last edited: May 2, 2013
  6. Monolith

Monolith Ancient

7. Chron

Chron Ancient

I can't help but think this game is going to be as disappointing as GTAIV was for me.

Still, the ability to go diving is pretty cool along with the addition of wildlife. Just about everything else that was listed doesn't interest me in the slightest.

8. Nutduster

Nutduster TCOJ

I find that reaction kind of baffling. If you're interested in GTA at all, how can a game that combines most of the best traits of all the previous games with the best graphics and biggest world the series has ever had sound disappointing to you..? Not even trying to put on my fanboy hat (though admittedly I got 100% on every single game except IV), I'm just curious what it WOULD take to satisfy you in a new GTA game. If it's not this stuff, I'm not sure what it would be.

9. cluckinho

cluckinho Well Known

I'm just worried about how it'll run on current gen.

10. Nutduster

Nutduster TCOJ

I do feel you on that. I'm hoping for a next gen announcement... it's coming out so close to the projected/probable release date for the next XBox that it seems like they'd want to capitalize on that and release it for both platforms.

11. Furry x Furry

Furry x Furry Ancient

I didn't really think about that but I thought the PS4 was going to be coming out in 2014 -- I can only assume that the next-generation of Xbox is going to have a similar timeframe to prevent another RRoD situation. I know last transition, many games were ported to the new consoles and had some extra features and what have you, or have a simultaneous release such as Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter. I think Rockstar wants to have as long as they can to develop their next game, so it wouldn't surprise me if they ported it.

I agree though, I hope something is addressed about this at the reveal though.

12. Chron

Chron Ancient

Meh, I think I might have gone a little overboard with what I said. I think I'm just overreacting because I don't like any of the three characters at this point. I mean, I know it's a little silly to judge them before playing the game but from all of the trailers so far they just seem so boring to me. I guess I'm just judging them a little too early atm.
    I dunno, it'll probably end up being great. I'm pretty excited for the wildlife and diving though. If there's one thing I love about GTA, it's ignoring the entire story and just exploring ****.

13. Starship Ghost

Starship Ghost Promethean

Can't wait to glue my ass to my chair for this game. I think it will be much better than expected.

14. Nutduster

Nutduster TCOJ

Gameplay video coming tomorrow, apparently! This is a new thing for GTA - they've never shown gameplay prior to release before. (It was done for other Rockstar games though, including Red Dead.)

15. SpartanPeter

SpartanPeter Around the Block

Jep! Here it is guys!

#175 SpartanPeter, Jul 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2013
  16. Security

Security Ancient

I'm glad they're sticking with the RDR-style gun wheel instead of the usual way you have to scroll through weapons in GTA

17. SpartanPeter

SpartanPeter Around the Block

I agree. I see improvement in the weapons themselves aswell, which I really hoped for. It was a awesome gameplay trailer, lots of things revealed, diving, hunting, and .. The multiplayer looks amazing.

18. Monolith

Monolith Ancient

Can't believe somebody's figured it out already:

#178 Monolith, Jul 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2013
  19. NlBBS

NlBBS Forerunner

That guy.

20. Oli The G

Oli The G Forerunner

As much as I don't like or want to see people pulling comparisons between this and Saints Row, the play between the two games this time has been massively interesting.

GTA4 went ultra serious, whilst "the pretender," SR2 and 3 went for a more light hearted approach, and in the minds of the real reviewers (aka zero punctuation and gamers like us) SR did a better job, and we are now seeing GTA5 take on a more light hearted approach; something which fanboys ironically champion as a feature of GTA5 over SR.

The game looks simply superb, I must say, but this time my money is going to be on the underdog (with a PC version); SR4. I loved the pants off SR3, and SR2, which felt more like a GTA game was less entertaining to me. £35 on Steam. Get the humble bundle for £1 if you so want, then get £5 off the PC version of SR4 on steam. At least £14 cheaper than GTA5, and just as much fun.

I am certainly going to be watching some LPs of this on themediacows however, as the story seems very intriguing and has the potential to be pulled of beautifully. Equal risk of it being segmented and complex, and thus ruining all effect.

Should be fun!