GTA V General Discussion

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by serumembryo, Sep 26, 2011.

1. Zatherla

Zatherla Sweet Lemonade

The lambos, the cheetah, damn it, all these good cars, when the hell is this game coming out?

2. Elite Warrior5

Elite Warrior5 Forerunner

I heard they were coming out with a short vid today. Just a rumour, though.

3. Matty

Matty Ancient

Also, many of the slow cars have equally poor handling, as if the cars get no traction even when they aren't driving very fast. With quicker cars like the sentinel or sultan rs, i thought the handling was really good, providing you aren't accelerating around corners.

4. Monolith

Monolith Ancient

Thought FH would appreciate this:

[​IMG]

Also, I'm gonna preorder soon here, probably today. Anyone else??

5. BasedGod of Grunge

BasedGod of Grunge Halo Reach Era

GTA San Andreas was my least favourite GTA game.

6. SargeantSarcasm

SargeantSarcasm In Loving Memory

[​IMG]

7. Zigywig

Zigywig Forerunner

I remember playing it when I was younger. The environment was absolutely outstanding, but I wish they didn't have to have stamina and working out and hunger and all of that. That was a major turn off for me, at least, IMO.

8. Nutduster

Nutduster TCOJ

That's just wrong. You're wrong.

San Andreas was the culmination of the last-gen GTAs. It had basically everything good from GTA3 and Vice City, and added in parachuting and base jumping, a mountain, countryside, three different diverse cities, gambling, a whole awesome assortment of flying vehicles including a fighter jet, the jetpack (ridiculous but still fun), far more clothing options, car customization, and gang wars. And probably a lot more stuff that I'm just not thinking of right now. It had a lot more fun geography for driving than the flat Vice City, and was a far bigger and more varied experience than GTA3.

Honestly, I'm stumped - why would anyone think San Andreas was the worst one?

Literally the only thing I didn't care for in that game that you were required to do was eating and working out. Dating sucked but was optional. The hidden packages was taken to a horrendous new extreme but again was optional. Everything else about that game was awesome.

#129 Nutduster, Aug 30, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2012
  9. BasedGod of Grunge

San Andreas was campy hurrdurr so edgy bullshit. Bike ride here, eat fast food, work out, wear stupid looking clothes, etc.

10. Redy

Redy Hipster

"bullshit' ?! Dude, go wash your mouth. Your opnion is extremely weak, besides being stupid. You just rejected one of the best video game sequels of all time. I really do not blame you if your mom still does not let you play it.

11. LD

LD Ancient

This sounds so wrong but .. oh man .. I share his opinion

Let's take GTA 1 and 2 out of the discussion, since you can't really compare them to the 3D titles.

GTA III had this dark and filthy feel to it. I always compared the feeling I got, when I played GTA III, to the the filthiest underground dubstep and metalcore club around, I don't want to touch anything but I still feel comfortable.

Vice City had the best story in my opinion and by far the best atmosphere, not only of the GTA series, but in general. All these movie- and cultural references, the music, the looks, everything in the game worked. Best GTA ever.

San Andreas had nothing but the large open world, which was fun. But it failed to grab my attention longer than for one police pursuit.

GTA IV was nice to look at and that's about it. I only played it for one weekend, when I borrowed it from a friend, so I can't really jugde it, maybe it get's more interesting during the later missions.

12. BasedGod of Grunge

>mfw I'm probably older than you are

13. Sam

Sam Ancient

I hope alternative/hard rock station Radio X is in GTA V. I loved the soundtrack in San Andreas, and I was a bit let down by the soundtrack in GTA IV.

[​IMG]

#134 Sam, Aug 30, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2012
  14. Security

Security Ancient

I'm assuming they are going to have the same radio stations but with updated music. I hope k-dst has music from the same era though.

15. Nutduster

Nutduster TCOJ

[​IMG]

16. A Legit Taco

A Legit Taco Forerunner

#137 A Legit Taco, Aug 31, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2012
  17. Monolith

Monolith Ancient

They should bring back the chainsaw.. not so much to saw people, but more so to stand on moving cars and chainsaw their hood like a maniac.

Also, they should bring back all those weird cheats, like change wheel size. For some reason it'd make your car heavier so you could make cars fly like no other whilst barreling down the freeway. I used to combine that with slow motion... one of the best times i've ever had in a videogame, no joke!

18. Nutduster

Nutduster TCOJ

That mod is friggin' amazing. I hope he added "Mr. Sandman" to the radio stations.

19. Pegasi

Pegasi Ancient

It was all about K-Rose, screw the rest of y'all.

EDIT: Nutduster, I think the main criticism I have of SA was the story. It was really good, but didn't match up to the awesomeness that was Vice City imo. The whole 80s atmosphere and nods to stuff like Scarface just did it for me. Basically what LD said. But still, SA was easily my favourite, I loved all the things you mentioned and they just sealed it.

#140 Pegasi, Aug 31, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2012