Sandbox Grunts (Unggoy)

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Aesthetic Maps' started by xSoGx Grim, Sep 7, 2010.

1. xSoGx Grim

xSoGx Grim Commander

[​IMG]

"Hey demon, the jerk store called and they're all out of YOU!"

Grunts or less commonly refereed to as Unggoy. What to say about them..they're short, not very bright, but what they lack in physical features, they make up in their numbers.
    Being the sixth race attributed into the covenant, the grunts hold the lowest position in its hierarchy. Unggoy are mostly tasked with physical labor unsuited for any of the other higher ranked races. Originally Unggoy achieved a Tier 4 tech level, followed by a collapse in the biosphere of their home world Balaho. In a sense the Unggoy were enslaved by the Covenant, but in return a survival for their species was insured.

Grunts have a long history of rebellion, most due to the rivalry with the Jackals (Kig-Yar). After the bloodiest rebellion, the Elites saw a potential in these creatures as warriors, and the survivors were implemented to fight in what was before an all Sangheili units. Although grunts are the lowest race in the covenant, they have a ranking system amongst themselves. Of which Deacon is the highest. This rank is only seen in halo wars as a last upgrade for the grunt unit. Note that throughout the book Contact Harvest a deacon named Dadab was one of the main characters and the story followed his astonishing friendship with a huragok (engineer)

Sketch up/Screenshots:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]Random:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Same canvas map as the Elite
    Ill add more detail pics later
    every grunt can be domepieced at the request of Mochasun

Download Grunts Here

#1 xSoGx Grim, Sep 7, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2010
  2. blassin

blassin Ancient

HOLY ****!! Every aesthetics map you have made is exactly spot on. The proportioning is perfect and the grunts look so REAL! I imagine that you spent a really long, careful time on this and really respected the pictures that you were using as a guide. There'a a fuel rod, suicide and a needler grunt! ****ing 5/5!!

3. serumembryo

serumembryo Forerunner

Yes! You made it! You took my fusion coil idea and these are awesome! One question, can you go inside the guns and wheres the running grunt? These look just like the grunts! Suicide grunt is hilarious, I like how the fuel rod one gives you an angry look. Grunts are my favorite covenant type alien, way better then that brown wrinkly ET. These look great, is this your last map? Im hoping it isnt, because these are awesome! Next you should make a jet pack brute. Heres a better idea, THE PROPHET AND HIS FLOATING CHAIR :O

These are awesome! 5/5

The link brings you to the fileshare, fix it

#3 serumembryo, Sep 7, 2010
  4. Plasma Rifle Elite

Grunty Thirst! A monument to all famous Grunts, like Yayap and Dadab!

Once again, another very sexy masterpiece. Great that you're moving to forging in Halo Reach, a Drone monument would be cool in Forge World, because they're gone. Maybe after you're done all the races, you could move on to vehicles, which would be sick. But anyway, pure awesomesauce, as usual!

5. Sgt Surchin

grunts are awesome. their voices are so adorable. they're like babies except they are trying to kill you. oh and is the needler in the one grunt's hand shootable like in that hunter's map? if so that would be awesome. :ninja:

6. zConviction

zConviction Ancient

I'm sorry to tell you this, sir, but your epic. Hunters, elites, and lil furry, cudly, cute little grunts?!?! Awesome. I iz = Dl. I'm glad you added a plasma grenade. If not I wouldn't like this because every time I see one in the campaign, they spam them at meh. :p Yeah, awesome dude!

7. jameslieb1

jameslieb1 Ancient

First hunters, now grunts? What's next, Jackals? (please do jackals :D)

8. Arctic Hunter

Arctic Hunter Forerunner

Wow your amazing! Keep up the good work. Try Brutes haha. Just a challenge :p

9. Hat

Hat Guest

You're just teasing us. Showing us the pics, but having a broken download link. Please fix this because this is covered in awesome sauce. Next map should be jackals, and in reach it should be a jackel, elite, hunter, and grunt all in the same map.

10. LRMAN0989

LRMAN0989 Forerunner

This is where you should've linked to -_-

Lol, anyways, fantastic! I finally got some time to get on today, and I saw a new map in the new maps thing, saying Grunts. After seeing your Elite and Hunter, I knew it was you :p I love the detail on these guys. I'm having the need to DL and fire needles out of the needler :p Too bad you can't color teleporters purple :( then you could have more detail!

11. GameTime49

GameTime49 Forerunner

so creative and detailed on your statues

1 is good enough but 3 is unheard of

well done indeed

12. MetaWaddleDee

MetaWaddleDee Ancient

These are great, The best place to go next is a Spartan.

13. Spartanchief34

Spartanchief34 Forerunner

Nice this map is great I love how you made the suicide grenade one. You've made a lot of these covenant statues but suprizingly you still have a lot of material to work with. You could still do the jackels, the brutes, the drones, the engineers, and the San 'Shyuum (prophets)

14. xMLGx InStINcTx

xMLGx InStINcTx Forerunner

I thought the drawing was amazing. Then when I saw the grunts on sanbox, I lmfao! This is so cool. Good job by the way.

15. xSoGx Grim

xSoGx Grim Commander

Ya honestly I am pumped to test the limits of Reach. Depending on the object count maybe a whole covenant squad could be a posiblity. DEFINITELY saving the brute chieftain for forgeworld. I think I am one of those people that if they are not making something creative I go nuts. I got rank 50 in Bad Company 2 a while back so that game is basically dead to me, unless the whole clan is on..so...7 days..perhaps jackals.
    oh thanks for the drawing comment. It was a quick study.

#15 xSoGx Grim, Sep 7, 2010
  16. Lord Duckington

Lord Duckington Ancient

this is absolutely stunning. 6/5, everything is perfect about this

17. Duckman620

Duckman620 Ancient

you are a tank!

you should make a spartan in Reach

18. xSoGx Grim

xSoGx Grim Commander

lol. already made it. check out noble 6 from my sig