Grifrace

Discussion in 'WIP - Works In Progress' started by mcclintonsl, Feb 6, 2011.

1. mcclintonsl

mcclintonsl Forerunner

As you can tell from the title, this is a mix of Grifball and rocket race.

The map is simple, just a floating, straight line of coliseum walls with bases filled with warthogs and mongooses at each end. The game type is assault so there is one bomb spawn in the centre of the map and one capture plate at each base.
    The idea is to have each team (two equal teams of 3-5) get into Warthogs (rocket and gauss only) or mongooses (With indestructible vehicles on) some players will be drivers, some on turrets and some passengers with infinite ammo heavy weapons (rocket launches, concussion rifles, gravity hammers, plasma launches).So, at the start of the game two teams in Warthogs and mongooses race towards the bomb in the centre, they will be shooting at each over to try and knock the over team's vehicles of the court (as when in vehicles, you can only be killed that way) , get to the other side and plant the bomb. Whist out of a vehicle (bomb carrier or not) you shields and health will become back to normal so you can be killed normally.
    Of course it will not be as simple as that, the bomb will be going backward and forth and the players will be knocking each over of the platform. (One round, first to three points)

Bungie.net : Reach : Player File Sets here is the link to the file set of the map and gametype

(please download and comment!)

Loadouts

Rocket launcher + grenade launcher + two plasma grenades
    Concusion rifle + Gravity hammer + two plasma grenades
    Plasma launcher + Plasma pistol + two plasma grenades
    Gravity hammer + Energy sword + Armour lock + four plasma grenades

#1 mcclintonsl, Feb 6, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2011
  2. pyro

pyro The Joker

Please refrain from using colored text because on the FH Light skin, I just see a blank white post.

After switching to FH Dark just to read your post (*****):
    It might be good to give the gravity hammer class armor lock so they can block vehicles (wall of armor lock=win). You might also want to note that it is possible to kill enemies in indestructible vehicles, as only the vehicle is indestructible, not the player.

3. Aschur

Aschur Wubba lubba dub dub
    Forge Critic Senior Member

lol, now I have the same problem as pyro, but I'm on FH Dark, just stop coloring the text, we will be able to all read it then.

After Highlighting just to see it good:
    Sounds like a decent idea, but to be honest I don't see it getting popular just because its a spin-off of grifball.

4. mcclintonsl

mcclintonsl Forerunner

5. Noxiw

Noxiw Ancient

I feel like it would get quite tedious having the bomb in a vehicle and the vehicle getting launched off. (being that there will be rockets of one type or another exploding everywhere) You could make some fun kind of mini-game, but i personally say lose the Grif reference, being that the only similarity is a flat area with two teams a bomb.

6. robbieagray

robbieagray Forerunner

Please post screenshots so that we can know what we are previewing. :)

7. mcclintonsl

mcclintonsl Forerunner

well the bomb respawns instantly, and there is also Gravity hammers and energy swords in one of the load outs - just like Griffball

[br][/br]
    Edited by merge:

Armour lock has been added : )

[br][/br]
    Edited by merge:

It is really just wall collosioms, a few equaly placed land mines and bases at each end.

Its the gametype that makes it though

[br][/br]
    Edited by merge:

please download :)

#7 mcclintonsl, Feb 10, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2011