Gridlocked

Discussion in 'Featured Maps' started by Insane54, Jul 5, 2008.

?

How would you rate this map?

1. Poor

15 vote(s)
    9.6%
  2. Okay

10 vote(s)
    6.4%
  3. Average

9 vote(s)
    5.8%
  4. Good

25 vote(s)
    16.0%
  5. Great

97 vote(s)
    62.2%
  1. LOCK.xcf

LOCK.xcf Ancient

although this is very similar to the last, this makes an awsome v2, looks like this will be on my hardrive forever, just like the the last one

2. thesilencebroken

thesilencebroken Jill Sandwich

WELL deserved. some of the best gameplay ever.

3. Oakly HiDef

Oakly HiDef RivalMass

Looks like a really fun and balanced map. i like how it combines long range and medium range areas for fighting in. I had thought of making a map like this for infection that was supposed to look like the mines moria. Maybe it could work here with humans being the fellowship and badguys being the goblins

great map. 10/10

4. Draw the Line

Draw the Line Ancient

This is the first time any version of Gridlocked has been featured. =)

Insane54 likes this.
  5. Minoraptor

Minoraptor Ancient

awesome sniper ftw

6. zangor13

zangor13 Ancient

what a great map i love the layout and the name fits it well it seems to be worthy of a DL.:surprise::p:squirrel_chatting:

7. David 118

David 118 Ancient

Ive been on this map a couple of times and it is really fun. In fact it was on a TGIF so it should have been featured before!:rolleyes:

8. sexy dude

sexy dude Ancient

YES i know this map would get featured i love this map it is wicked it is so neat, 10/10

9. Speed-e-cake

Speed-e-cake Ancient

It's about time this masterpiece was featured!

10. Rhys J Mitchell

Rhys J Mitchell Ancient

I downloaded this a while ago (I think it was V2 that was just released) and didn't like it; Ijust tried it gain last night with a large group and loved it so well done for changing my mind!

11. Elkan Viel

Elkan Viel Ancient

I knew this was gonna be featured, I downloaded like a week ago. 5/5 once again, it must have taken you ages to geomerge every single box and get it to be perfectly seperated from other boxes.

12. tropicalbert

tropicalbert Ancient

I remember playing this map. The layout is nice, but the Gauss should not be there. You can spawn camp with it... Might I suggest a shield door in the middle to prevent gauss miss-use?

13. Linubidix

Linubidix Ancient

wow, it didnt take long for this to get featured.
    I love this map, its set up is simplistic and done in a way that makes it seem very intriquet.

14. Creeping Death

Creeping Death What's a Halo?

Way to go DTL, it's about time this badboy got featured. And BTW, chalk yet another front page worthy map up for GoO!

15. Draw the Line

Draw the Line Ancient

It is very impossible to camp with the Gauss Warthog. The warthog can only control one of the three alleys available to a player who spawns in a base. Not only that, but a rocket launcher spawns in each base every 2-3 minutes to help prevent the warthog from dominating too much.

16. Mr. Skittles

Mr. Skittles Ancient

Hey, pplz! You dont has to be givan me teh bad repputashun for joking? I luurve this map o' Draw's. It is teh bestorz. I just iwsh mine would be feachared. He posted this after mine, and I feel bad.

17. Shedo

Shedo Ancient

Finally its featured. It deserves it too. Good job DTL.

18. SiN Fwang

SiN Fwang Ancient

this is awesome. it looks very fair and even and balanced, so it wouldnt be like one team has a better chance than the others. and although i havent seen the classic gridlock that people have been talking about, it still looks good none the less.

19. iTz Me

iTz Me Ancient

Great map, love playing this with all my friends.

20. Pegasi

Pegasi Ancient

Saw this a day or two ago and thought another feature might be on the horizon for you DtL, and you deserve it. This map is so simple in layout yet so very much fun. As I said, I never played the original but had a look at some pics, and this is just an improvement, pure and simple. It deserves to be featured and I'm glad it happened so soon.
    There are quite a few really nice little choices in this map that dictate flow really well whilst leaving the map free roam enough to be alot of fun.
    I've only had the chance to play 4 player split screen on it so far (FFA and 2v2) but it really shone. The geomerging on the double boxes was time well spent as well IMO as I threw quite a few grenades that could very well have been lost under those cursed double boxes.

You deserve this DtL, this map is a real achievement of simplicity and careful design, nice one.

I hear you'll be leaving the loyal camp and going premium, good luck to you, but its gonna be weird not seeing you as one of the "purple people", any ideas if there is gonna be a new loyal now you and mike have passed on?
    EDIT: Ok I just saw that Reynbow isn't purple either anymore, whats going on, some kind of plague?

#40 Pegasi, Jul 6, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2008