Gridlock

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by Draw the Line, Feb 3, 2008.

1. Draw the Line

Draw the Line Ancient

Download Gridlock

Gridlock is the first map shown in the video below:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftWH9kEDFuY

Gridlock is a unique map that uses double boxes to create a grid like structure throughout the map. This simple structure offers a claustrophobic feel, but also allows for long range battles as well. While the pictures may only show a portion of the map, it is much more complicated than meets the eye. I wanted vehicles to play a significant role in this map, so the outer areas of the map are a little wider to accommodate the warthog. Each base is equipped with one warthog, but the driver must be experienced if it is to be used properly. Each base also has two mongooses which can be used to move quickly through the map if needed.

Each base has one gauss warthog and can be an incredible killing tool if the right individual is driving. In the center of the map, there is an alley way that contains a spartan laser and a bubble shield. I intended there to be a rush for that weapon like there is a rush for the rocket launcher at the beginning of a game on the Pit. Ranged weapons can be found along the outer edges of the map and The map may look simple, but it is much more complex than meets the eye.

A nice stroll back to base....
    [​IMG]

AMBUSHED! (Picture provided by gorebound)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#1 Draw the Line, Feb 3, 2008
    Last edited: May 25, 2008
  2. RioT 17

RioT 17 Ancient

Nice pics and really cool concept I like it.

3. StLouisRibs7734

StLouisRibs7734 Ancient

LOl. Flamethrower on 4B!!!

4. ValorousBob

ValorousBob Ancient

This looks awsome and i love complex maps that support warthogs, but the rocket luancher is probably too good here. The cramped space would make it hard fro a warthog to dodge a rocket. The splazer is a much more balanced choice here. I'm also really glad someone finally made a map on foundry that might have a succesful vehicular aspect to it.

5. Kapura

Kapura Ancient

I've seen this done before, but this seems like the best attempt I've seen yet. Queued.

Edit: broken link is broken. Please fix.

6. Victim

Victim Ancient

7. ShadowSnip3r RC

ShadowSnip3r RC Ancient

I could really only see myself using this map for S.W.A.T. Other than that, this map would not support any other gametype. Good efforts though.

8. alcapone900

alcapone900 Ancient

that looks like a great map and a fun game to play with some friends who like to screen peek at your house.

9. NicNac02

NicNac02 Ancient

hahaha driving on that would be fun!!! :squirrel_wink:

10. Mercenary1982

Mercenary1982 Ancient

This looks like a really fun map to play swat on. Also rockets, etc. I am going to download it.

11. Draw the Line

Draw the Line Ancient

I just fixed the link. I'm surprised about the general feedback on the map! Thank you!

Each team spawns with a rocket launcher....it only has 2 shots.....and respawns every 150 seconds. I had it set next to a mongoose...my hopes were that a person would hop on the mongoose and a person would use the rocket while riding on the passenger seat.

12. Furious D 18

Furious D 18 Ancient

I checked this out in Forge. It looks like an awesome map. So simple, but I"m betting is has wild and addictive gameplay. Nice job on interlocking too. The map looks really polished. The extra scenery looks good too.

I also checked out the CTF placement just for kicks and I was going to say something about how a player could easily jump on one of those barrels and across to the enemy base. But then I saw that they don't spawn until 2 minutes in. Nice job.

I'm holding on to this map until I can play a game on it. One last thing though, how often do the overshields respawn?

13. Draw the Line

Draw the Line Ancient

I think I set the overshields to 150 second respawn, if I recall correctly...... if not its 2 minutes, but I'm pretty sure I jacked it up to 150 seconds.

14. ValorousBob

ValorousBob Ancient

I'm having a LAN party this saturday, and this looks like the perfect map for it.

15. rumpypumpkin

rumpypumpkin Ancient

nice map man, I really dig it. Ill give it a dl.

16. Draw the Line

Draw the Line Ancient

If you end up using my map for the LAN match, save the video! I'm always curious to see how others play my map!

17. Draw the Line

Draw the Line Ancient

I've been toying with the idea of switching out the normal warthogs with gauss hogs. I feel that the normal warthog isn't as dominant as I wanted it to be, but I'm not too certain. Any feedback would be welcome.

18. TXGhost

TXGhost Ancient

Really cool concept. Cued and ready for download.

19. skatepimp21

skatepimp21 Ancient

20. squidhands

squidhands Ancient

I did a forgethrough this morning and checked this baby out.
    When I first saw this map posted, I have to admit that I glossed over it. I thought, "Yay, vertical boxes. Next." But really, the pictures don't do this map justice. This is a highly polished map and I can tell you put a lot of time and effort into it and didn't just throw a bunch of weapons here and there and shoved it out. This looks really cool, and I can't wait to play CTF on here.

I only found one possible issue with the map in the ten minutes or so that I spent running around in Forge. I noticed you added respawn areas for each of the 'flag away' teams. Very smart, I'm all about the respawn areas. My issue with them, however, is that although each one covers a large enough area, they both only have one respawn point within it (right next to a Mongoose). If this was intentional on your part, I'd be interested to know your reasoning was. If you had multiple players die on a team when the flag was gone, one of them would respawn outside of the area you created. You can never have too many respawn points, as far as I'm concerned. Couple that with more respawn areas, and it will eliminate spawn camping. And if someone gets wise to it, that's exactly what will happen in your current set up.

But all that aside, this is a great looking map and as I said before I can't wait to play it. Very nice job, sir!