Gridlock (Gears of War Re-Make)

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Casual Maps' started by conorordan, Jan 3, 2009.

1. conorordan

conorordan Ancient

Gametypes: Slayer, (CTF in progress)

[​IMG]

Hi, this is my first map on ForgeHub and my first map using GeoMerging/Interlocking. It is a remake of the map 'Gridlock' from Gears of War 1 and 2 and is around 75% accurate (I could not add the areas around the Longshot/Sniper room because there was just no room).

[​IMG]

Weapons on Map

• Sniper Rifle
    • Rocket Launcher
    • Shotgun (2)
    • Covenant Carbine (2)
    • Battle Rifle (2)
    • Spike Grenade (4)
    • Frag Grenade (4)
    • Active Camo
    • Overshield
    • Bubble Shield
    [​IMG]

Hope you enjoy the map, tell me what you think...

Download Here

#1 conorordan, Jan 3, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2009
  2. Plasma Napkin

Plasma Napkin Ancient

The map: From what I can see, this map is way too open. Also, you should have interlocked more stuff (Look at the ceiling there; does not look very good, does it?) Also, the spawns seem to be at only two places, most at the place where you start on normal foundry. There will be spawn camping.

And about your pics: Do not use a gif. It is just annoying to wait for the picture to come again if you want to look at details.

3. EGP

EGP Ancient

As mentioned before ( btw I hate slide shows, I would rather see regular pictures ) Your map is too open. You have a basic layout set up but you don't have the fill ins and aesthetics to complete your potential game play that you can get from this map.

Nice job on the structures though, they look very nice

4. i am SeMpLe

i am SeMpLe Ancient

can u stop the slide shows so we can actually see them ffs

5. conorordan

conorordan Ancient

I've got rid of the slide show

6. Rated Dirty

Rated Dirty Ancient

From what I see this is wayyy to open. Nothing really original either. It just looks like you went into forge and threw something together. The spawning points all look like they are in the back. So spawn camping will probably happen here. Not alot of aesthetics what so ever. I do like the buildings thought. That is the best part of the map.

2/5 from looks.

7. Mearm

Mearm Ancient

I can see how you have replicated gridlocked, but there are a few minor flaws. Like you said in the post, there was not enough room for the areas around the longshot spawn. I suggest that you get a budget glitched map if you dont have enough money, or if you do, try to make a wall or something to get as close as possible to the original. Also, make the area in front of the longshot have all of the broken cars and barriers to give the map more cover. With foundry's space though, I dont think you will be able to fit in the back area of the map where you first spawn. One more suggestion is that you put the sideways boxes in the buildings upright, because you will hit a pretty big bump whenever you are walking over them. With a little more work, I think you could make a very close replica of gridlock.

8. Gamerguy45

Gamerguy45 Ancient

Have you played the orignal gears of war map? he spawns are supposed to e their. And what d you mean no thought in aestheics? was he supposed to change the orignl map? Yep he just threw something together not basing it off anything espically the gears of war map gridlock right.

Ignore this guy here. Oh and I rate this 4/5.

9. conorordan

conorordan Ancient

Have you not played Gears of War? The spawns are supposed to be there and there are about 30 more spwans throughout the map, you can't see them in these shots. The screenshots I have taken do not do the map justice, download and you will see. The map is not that open if you look at it inn forge, as I say the screenshots do not do it justice.

10. DieHardAssassin

DieHardAssassin Ancient

First off, there should be some stuff for cover (like the cars)

Second off, one of my favorite parts of Gridlock were the three big blocks of concrete off to each side of the sniper tower. This should be easy to pull off.

Third, the spawns can be spawn camped, very very easily. To make this more like "Warzone", you could make it so that everybody has one life, then there is no reason for spawn camping, because nobody can spawn.

Fourth, if you want to make the game more like Annex, then keep it how it is, but then move the spawns to the back corners of foundry, block them off (like you have with the A & B signs), and put a teleporter to get out of your spawning room.

Fifth, put weapon spawns where they should be (the battle rifles?)

Sixth, start everyone off with an assault rifle, and a shotgun/pistol (whichever works).

Seventh, move the Sniper tower up, and make a ramp to it.

11. Joen@thanishere

Joen@thanishere Ancient

i do remember some of these structures in gears, one thing you could do to fix the constant complaints of the map being too open is probably add some trash in some areas like how the real map had a bunch of crap laying around the streets used for cover, then this map could be pretty good

12. Loscocco

Loscocco Ancient

its pretty cool- but you are missing things.

the spawn.
    railings near the towers

most important- COVER- there arent any cars or anything to substitute for them.
    GOW was based around taking cover, this map is missing the cover- Gridlock is filled with broken cars everywhere.

but the mid tower is sweet.

13. iZumi

iZumi Ancient

For one, the map isn't very accurate to the original map, and, the changes done aren't done quite right for halo. GoW and Halo play a lot different from each other, therefore some changes have to be made. Halo requires more cover and better lines of site than gears for sure, and power weapons are much more of a power in halo than in GoW, meaning some weapon re-balancing is required. But good visualization of the map and forging.

14. EpicFishFingers

EpicFishFingers Ancient

It's a good idea, but Foundry's just too small for this kind of use. Good attempt though. What did you do to those A & B Signs that are blocking up the window holes? Did you unsuccessfully try the new geomerging technique?

15. NUKEZILLA

NUKEZILLA Ancient
    Banned

i came in here with low expectaions after seeing countless othe fails but yet again my expectaions are lowered with none the cover in the middle, the sniper towers arnt scale and gears of war doesnt have flags the beat the sh1t out of each other nice attempt but a fails i do however like the boomshot area. new plan restart and build around boomshot

16. Whisper

Whisper Ancient

You should have compressed the structures to each side of the sniper down and put them in the back of foundry, instead of just leaving it empty.

17. CRAZY Corsy

CRAZY Corsy Ancient

i think it looks very good and i played gridlock with my friend the first day gears of war came out and loved it so i say 5/5

18. d4rkdemon

d4rkdemon Ancient

it reminds me of gears, good forgeing 4.5/5