GreenHouse-Foundry

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Casual Maps' started by LegionGaurd, Oct 12, 2008.

1. LegionGaurd

LegionGaurd Ancient

Hello, this is LegionGaurd. I recently got into Forging abit more and decided to make this map called "GreenHouse" I got the idea from playing a
    Castle defense and I thought of the map "Garden" from Gears of War. I am new for forge so keep in mind I still need a lot of practice, so dont expect that much :)
    Features
    Bases = Defense (GreenHouse) and Attacker base
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Sniper tower ((Near GreenHouse((Defense)) .*Teleporter from inside the greenhouse to the tower.
    [​IMG]
    Sword above base. Accessed by Grav lift.
    [​IMG]
    Warthog.
    [​IMG]
    Stairs leading up above the Defenders spawn. Pallets that can me Fragged or Shot at to drop down onto the Defenders base.
    [​IMG]
    Several machine gun turrets to stop enemys coming in.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Soldier62994

Soldier62994 Ancient

Welcome to ForgeHub! Your post is up to the standards, great job! However, your map needs some tidying up. Like you said, its your first map and everyone messes up. You should try reading this Forging 101. It'll teach all of the techniques used by the pros.

As a side not, you should never clump weapons together or make an armory(Unless the armory has a miniscule of weapons). Also, for your pallet wall you can put a reciever/sender/two way node below them to support the pallet, making it look much neater and you can have it "floating"

Grey Benefit likes this.
  3. DieHardAssassin

DieHardAssassin Ancient

looks kind of sloppy to me, but a good start. The pallet part is what sticks out to me as sloppy, it would be much easier to put fewer pallets, with teleporters under them to hold them up.

4. StreetSoccer12

StreetSoccer12 Ancient

to keep moveable objects immovable, I suggest that you put some weapon holders on top of the boxes and barriers. The pallets are extremely messy too, if you put receiver nodes underneath then put the pallets on top it will look better. Also The wall that you built is messy, look in the forging 101 section and learn how to interlock and geomerge. This goes along with the many power weapons that you put in one place, you don't want to do that. I could not rate this map, because it's just not ready to be rated. There needs alot of work to be done to it, so I highly suggest that you go to the forging 101 section and learn how to interlock. :]

5. mauserman

mauserman Ancient

dude its a dump.there needs interlocking at spots i understand you just made it but still fix it up its too open and not straight also the boxes dont match up.

6. EpicFishFingers

EpicFishFingers Ancient

A bit scruffy, but it should be quite fun to play. 3/5

Good first map.

7. FlipStik

FlipStik Ancient

This map for a first map, is a pretty decent start, nice to see new forgers around here, to have more ideas and such. Because this is a part of your first few posts here, and you've already made a thread up to ForgeHub Standards, you get +rep! I suggest asking other forgers and also checking out Forging 101 for some tutorials that will be very helpful. If you have any questions, just ask me. Happy Forging!