Gravedigger's Tremors

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Casual Maps' started by Gravedigger5454, Dec 10, 2007.

1. Gravedigger5454

Gravedigger5454 Ancient

After I saw the post about it being really hard to remake Tremors in Halo 2, I decided to do it, while trying to make improvements along the way. True Dark Fusion apparently decided he wanted to make it to, as you can see as his map is featured. My map is different though. First of all, you use ghosts instead of choppers. Their is some scenery around the map designed to give both sides a fair chance. Bases also have scenery all over them and are blocked off so tremors cannot get inside of them (except the bottom of one). The game plays in three rounds, at the beginning of each round two random players are automatically selected to be "Tremors." They get ghosts and are invicible, they must splatter the humans with their ghost to keep them from getting to the "Tremors" base and then back to the humans base. Everyone is competing against one and other. The "Tremors" score points for killing humans. The humans are trying to retrieve one of the spartan laser and/or sniper rifles from the display in the center of the "Tremors" base (Tremors are unable to pickup weapons). If they get one of these weapons they must get back to the teleporter in their base they started next to, at which point they will gain the ability to kill "Tremors" and score points. They also can get one point if they are the last human alive. All players have only one life per round, so they must be careful not to die. Screenshots are below. Unfortunately I am unable to publish this to bungie if someone could do it for me through the use of the "copy to fileshare" function it would be much appreciated. Any questions you have about the map will be answered in this thread. Download the map and gametype here from slots 15 and 16.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(more screenshots coming soon)

Download (slot 15/16)

2. Fbu

Fbu Ancient

Link doesn't work

Do ghosts shots kill people?

Are you planning on making a CTF version?

3. Titmar

Titmar Le Mar du Teet

looks fun, as long as people follow the honor rules.

4. Gravedigger5454

Gravedigger5454 Ancient

At the bottom of my post click on "download." Ghost shots don't do any damage. I'll work on setting it up for CTF as well, but True Dark's version already used a CTF variant.

There are no honor rules, at all, all rules disscussed are forced by the game and map variants.

5. Fbu

Fbu Ancient

I really hate the chopper, so I'll try it out

I'd publish it for you, but I only have 6 slots =(

6. Gravedigger5454

Gravedigger5454 Ancient

Thanks, and about the publishing thing, it's if you can, of you can't that's okay. But if you copy it directly from mine and publish it, then delete it from yours, the thread should still be up on my file share.

7. Grif

Grif Na'vi Tits

looks ok, not something I would download...

8. Gravedigger5454

Gravedigger5454 Ancient

True Dark made a Tremors at the same time too. Many people have downloaded his, this one works better, particularly becuase there's no honor rules and now there's ghosts.

9. TrueDarkFusion

TrueDarkFusion Ancient

You do realize it isn't tremors without CTF. I could have easily set it on zombies and made it work, but guess what Tremors is classically CTF, not zombies. The whole fun of it is avoiding the vehicles and making the run to and fro the base.

Also please do not advertise your maps in another person's topic again. This is an official warning.

10. TheYavimayan

TheYavimayan Ancient

Yea I wonder if you even played the original tremors because yours is not like it besides the ghosts

11. Gravedigger5454

Gravedigger5454 Ancient

Neither of you have played it... It plays exactly like the original tremors, but with no honor rules and a scoring system setup for it. The only thing that could make it so you could say it's "not tremors" is that you're trying to retrieve a weapon instead of a flag. But the same idea is stil there, get the other base and back without being run over by a ghost, and you win, that's Tremors.