Grand Hyatt Hotel

Discussion in 'Map Discussion' started by BaconMedia, Oct 6, 2016.

1. BaconMedia

BaconMedia Video Team
    Staff Member Forge Critic

BaconMedia submitted a new map:

Grand Hyatt Hotel - Originally modeled after the mission "Shanghai" from Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent, The G

Read more about this map...

2. DC Valorstrike

DC Valorstrike Promethean

Was watching the video earlier, amazing job. Instant likes all around

BaconMedia likes this.
  3. ∞Phantasm

∞Phantasm Legendary

Simply astonishing. It leaves me wishing there were more rooms to explore. So, it's a shame the object limit is tapped out but that's understandable when you look at all of the detail, floors, and other architecture. Everything about this is awesome. Excellent work, Bacon.

#3 ∞Phantasm, Oct 6, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
    BaconMedia likes this.
  4. ZombieDyer

ZombieDyer Legendary

Mate, it's just the elevators XD

BaconMedia likes this.
  5. ∞Phantasm

∞Phantasm Legendary

Who are you talking to and what are you talking about? I guess I have to guess. Are you saying all of the objects went into the elevators? Looks like those are not even 200 objects, including the non-working ones.

BaconMedia likes this.
  6. ZombieDyer

ZombieDyer Legendary

No, I'm talking to Bacon, it's an in joke.

BaconMedia likes this.
  7. leegeorgeton

leegeorgeton Forerunner

I love inside jokes. Wish I could be in on one sometime.

8. ZombieDyer

ZombieDyer Legendary

nah,nah,nah,nah,nah ;)

BaconMedia likes this.
  9. BaconMedia

BaconMedia Video Team

Thanks man! it was only made possible due to all the updates forge has received, so its been in production for quite some time.
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 6, 2016 ---
    Much love DC!

10. ∞Phantasm

∞Phantasm Legendary

Have you thought about or tried to remove some of the bottom floors to get the object count down to make another detailed hotel room somewhere? Are you suppose to even go down to the bottom floor of the map? It didn't look like it, but there was a weapon down there.

11. BaconMedia

BaconMedia Video Team

Oh yea that BR has been there ever since it was made a weapon in the game (also how long this map has been sitting around for lol) and the extra floors are there just to be there. It's something to look at. Both the game, and real world atrium are much much larger and id rather keep those floors just to add scale to the map. There's really no purpose other than just looking at them. They don't cost much budget either so it's not worth getting rid of them. I'd say I'm pretty satisfied with the progress I've made within the budget I have available so I can't complain that the budget is too small. Any larger and the frame rate issue would've become a problem.

ZombieDyer likes this.
  12. Zandril

Zandril Promethean
    Forge Critic Senior Member

13. BaconMedia

BaconMedia Video Team

Thank man, really wasn't expecting this! lol. I appreciate the shoutout, really glad you enjoyed (especially the elevators)!

GreyMuffinBass likes this.
  14. GreyMuffinBass

GreyMuffinBass Legendary

haha XD yeah!! Zanny's reaction to the elevators was hilarious I almost died XD

This is a lovely map, I still can't get over it's amazing use of scripts and rain fx... everything... it's amazing.

15. tomtehtom

tomtehtom Legendary

Did you happen to use some of my furniture prefabs in the map? Seems like it, if not used directly, seems like they're highly inspired :p Looks good to see them implemented into a map :) Good job!

16. BaconMedia

BaconMedia Video Team

I never use anybody else's prefabs. Thats a big no no in my book. This furniture was inspired though; I didn't pioneer the use of sandbags before this. Unfortunately I've seen a number of people who also use the same concept so I don't know who to credit for the founding there of... sorta like the discovery of using decals for lighting glitches.

ZombieDyer likes this.
  17. ZombieDyer

ZombieDyer Legendary

Can we see your original work, just for comparison? :)

18. tomtehtom

tomtehtom Legendary

Okay well I'm not going to 100% claim it but I released my prefabs on the release of the system and also got featured for it. I got a bunch of praise from all angles for pursuing furniture designs. Sorry for assuming but a lot of people have used my prefabs now as well as them being put into some matchmaking maps. But not to worry, was just asking. Thanks for the reply.

A link to my content browser:
    https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-gb/...Order=BookmarkCount&page=1&gamertag=Tomtehtom

Here's something for reference:
    [​IMG]

19. ZombieDyer

ZombieDyer Legendary

Some nice stuff man. Just to let you know we take forge seriously, especially prefab theft. Here's some clarity:

20. tomtehtom

tomtehtom Legendary

Jeez you're coming across pretty hostile, I was just assuming that they were used/inspired.

You say people are a disgrace if they use prefabs but you then say you'd just make your own. There's no copyright or trademarking on prefabs or anything in this game for that matter. I was just going on the fair play rules on if it was inspired I'd like to know... Plenty of people have admitted to me they used them without even knowing it was me because of the duplicates and copies of all of my prefabs. I feel your approach to not using prefabs is more hostile and to make a statement than to actually be "fair" and have "morals" on the system. Just seems to be a statement to be different.

Your video hardly applies to me and just seems like a rant of aggressive connotations towards some one kid.

Lastly chill out, maybe there's a reason I kept my distance from joining up in the forge community. Some of you come across very on-edge, personal and take things way over-the-top when you apply it to the context of the situation.

Thanks for replying I guess, although I feel this came too far from me just asking a question.

Nonetheless, I just won't ask in future. I'm not up for the serious side of a video game. Thanks again.