Gradient

Discussion in 'Featured Maps' started by Mallet, Jan 3, 2008.

?

How would you rate this map?

1. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 4

11.1%
  5. 5

88.9%
  1. super trooper88

super trooper88 Ancient

LOL Forge Hub keeps raising the bar, this is amazing. Too bad certain limitations make it impossible to create a larger playing area, otherwise a great idea. Yes.. a truely unique map.

2. Dat in the Hat

Dat in the Hat Ancient

Very nice, Very nice. It looks a little messy but that is expected from interlocking objects.

3. sparten45

sparten45 Ancient

This is awsome!!!!! I love to interlock

4. szafranko

szafranko Ancient

wow great concept, no ones ever thought of this b4, loks messy in pic's but ingame it somehow looks great, lol and intresting bases, pretty fun i like it :) u should make a CTF gametype, scince tehres 2 bases... 9/10

5. WillyWonka

WillyWonka Ancient

I only have 1 problem with this map and its just helpful criticism. I played this map about 20 times last night because i thought it was amazing and i had alot of serious friends who were playing it. And about 1 out of every 3 times we played 4v4, 1 or 2 people spawned and fell threw the floor. it was kinda annoying because then at the beginning of the game it was 4v2 and then those other 2 had to kill themselves to get back ontop of the arena. I suggest testing out all your starting points because i think maybe 1 or 2 of them may take you under themap.

6. Aristotle328

Aristotle328 Ancient

I played a three person ffa with smg start. Very fast paced game. This map is awesome 5/5

7. CATERBIRD

CATERBIRD Ancient

strange yet intriguing.... very unique map

8. timmeh

timmeh Ancient

Oh God that must have taken forever! Definately looks worth the time though, great looking map! I'll definately d-load when my 360 gets back from microsuck - I mean microsoft...

Tim

9. kizerman86

kizerman86 Ancient

I agree with pretty much everyone, this is a pretty awesome map. It would be cool if it could be bigger, maybe someone w/ the time and skill could do it w/ the infinite budget giltch.

That someone won't be me though, haha, this would take me months and would still look bad.

I was playing around w/ 2 friends in forge on this map and accidentally deleted one of the floor panels (walls), and realized its pretty cool down there, so we put a shotgun and some other stuff down there and it plays a little slower and more tactically. Its probably best as it is though, great map.

5/5

10. forgelover

forgelover Ancient

wow great map you had a base idea and took it forword award winning map you got here look forword to playing on it it might be meassy but it shure looks fun

11. cubs199235

cubs199235 Ancient

This map is built very well, but on the outside, it doesn't look all that fun, but it sure is!

12. The3vilCow

The3vilCow Ancient

Just a question, but how do you guys find maps to be featured? I remember seeing this one about a month ago, and it was just featured today. Do you guys not necessarily look for recently made maps?
    Anyways, this is a nice map it must've taken forever.

13. Epic Tusk

Epic Tusk Ancient

Off topic: this map got featured on the front page at B.Net by Frankie.
    On Topic: I still like this map Mallet you showed the world how creative Forgers can be.

14. Ziqo X

Ziqo X Ancient

When i Spawn as red team in the beggining of the game i always fall down under the map, and can't do anything. Fix them Spawns!

15. CHUCK

CHUCK Why so serious?

I guarantee many others have thought about this idea before when interlocking was introduced. The thing is, nobody took the time to do it or actually put it to use. Its not completely new or unique in my opinion.The Mallet was the first to take the time to use it to it's potential and i give him props for it. It's been done very nicely on top of that.
    Good job, this must have taken some time.

16. allnamesrtakent

allnamesrtakent Ancient

Re: Gradient - A completely unique map?

its too small to actually play on, but is the best example of the power forge gives to a dedicated, skilled forger.

17. Naylz C02

Naylz C02 Ancient

it might be a small map but its ok for 2v2 or 3v3 even. altho i was kinda pissed when i first played it.... i spawned and FELL THROUGH the hill.... i was under neath and couldn't do anything but die... so yea that one spawn point needs a lil fix. but its a great map for small matches.

18. gman11d6

gman11d6 Ancient

Man, who comes up with this stuff? This must have taken a LOT of time and effort! Good job!

19. Running Chron

Running Chron Ancient

making hills and mounds can be a real pain, this looks really well done!

20. Redarrow41

Redarrow41 Ancient

I'm about to take a trial run of this map. I'm hoping this is as good as Toilet wars :squirrel_sad: