Sandbox Gore Gulch (Beta 1)

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Casual Maps' started by Captain Forge, Mar 17, 2009.

1. Captain Forge

Captain Forge Ancient

Map Name: GORE GULCH

Description: A remake of Blood Gulch, Gore Gulch is an exciting map that always has every possibility around the corner. There are two sides, one UNSC, one Convenient. Both bases have a man cannon and an anti air weapon on top, and a teleporter behind, which lead to each other. Inside the bases are the standard weapons. Outside the bases is an aircraft, 2 standard vehicles, and 2 power vehicles. Outside the bases are two structures, one has a sniper on top, and the other has defenses with two BRs and a shotgun. Also, the whole in the cript leads to a killball, so it would be a bad idea to go down it!

NOTE: This map is only a beta. It is only compatible with up to 4 players on each team, and the gametypes of slayer and CtF

Come to the next version HERE

Pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#1 Captain Forge, Mar 17, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2009
  2. Black Theorem

Black Theorem Ancient
    Forge Critic Senior Member

I don't know if i wanna download this without pics, or any description of changes from the original.

3. Yeti

Yeti Ancient

Beta? I think that term is only used for games.. not maps.

Anyway, you should probably post this is the Tester's Guild section.. that is because it is quite apparent that you haven't tested this map yet, due to the "beta" status.

Just search around the forums, read the rules, then come back and post this properly.

4. crazyzebu

crazyzebu Ancient

your thread will be removed if you don't embed screenshots!

You need to embed pictures. Just drag pics from bungie.net recent screenshots to your desktop. Then get a photobucket account (free). Then drag the pics from your desktop to photobucket. Then copy the photobucket IMG link and paste it on your forgehub thread.

Hope this helps...

#4 crazyzebu, Mar 17, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2009
  5. OrangE BloB

OrangE BloB Ancient

Please provide a more detailed explanation and a proper formatting, including pictures, some details of the map and a weapon set. please refer to this guide for a good template: http://www.forgehub.com/forum/halo-forge-maps/3000-map-posting-template.html

Here is how you embed pics into your thread: http://www.forgehub.com/forum/halo-forge-maps/18644-embed-screenshots-your-map-thread.html
    and the thread probably SHOULD be moved to the Tester's guild section, if you can' find it, here is a direct link to the page: http://www.forgehub.com/forum/testers-guild/ (that's for future posts, a Moderator must move this thread)

Oh, and Welcome to Forgehub!

#5 OrangE BloB, Mar 17, 2009
  6. Captain Forge

Captain Forge Ancient

I thought that you had to be a specal member or somthing to post in that section, becouse I tried it there first and it didn't work.

Thank you. I will be sure to do that in the future.

EDIT:
    Fixed it, thanks for the advice everyone!

#6 Captain Forge, Mar 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2009
  7. Dow

Dow Ancient

You must do that for this thread too, its not a recommendation, its a requirement, you have 24 hours before this thread is locked by a moderator

8. OrangE BloB

OrangE BloB Ancient

Please try not to double post. Here's a tip, when you go to quote someone and you already have a posted comment, and no one else has commented yet after you have commented (meaning you were the last person to comment). Grab that quote (copy/cut) and then select edit on your latest post, then paste your quote into the end of the comment and that helps keep the thread clean of double posting.
    Hope that helped.

Don't rush him, i'm sure he'll get to it. Just be patient, if he doesn't do anything within the set period, this thread will be locked. It's up to him and his capability to fulfill the required criteria for a map thread. Flaming him and rushing him doesn't change the fact that he has to do it, if he fails then he's lost the thread, he'll end up losing in the end if he doesn't do anything.

#8 OrangE BloB, Mar 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2009
  9. crazyzebu

crazyzebu Ancient

Just search around the forums, read the rules, then come back and post this properly.[/QUOTE]

I think he knows he needs to imbed pics now =P

Everyone, just listen to orange blob!

Also, I would suggest that you don't update this thread with pics, just start a new one. This thread is too full of pointless comments, such as this one.

#9 crazyzebu, Mar 17, 2009
  10. abandoned heretic

also it would be nice if you posted a direct link 2 fileshare causse uve ben blacklisted at bungie

11. Kevinth3Killer

Kevinth3Killer Ancient

You need to have screenshots to post on forgehub, barely anybody will dl without them, your map will probably get rated poorly because people will see beta and no way to prove it's good

P.S.If it's "beta" then why don't you just wait to post the good version than having low marks on maps that you made

Thanks for reading

12. Theartofhalo2

Theartofhalo2 Ancient

I think a minor amount of cover is needed on your map, currently it is wide open and any gametype is going to be won by whoever is the first team to disable the others vehicles, after they get that done it will be like shooting fish in a barrel.

13. Captain Forge

Captain Forge Ancient

There is the anti air dude... And the teleporters... and many others...

14. El3CTRONiC

El3CTRONiC Ancient

this map is to open the vehicles would literally be inserted into the other teams asshole with no lubrication what so ever. it would tear it apart. there needs to be moar cover and definetly some more weapons to fight the vehicles.... (consider the weapon layout of valhalla) and shotguns and a gravity hammer wouldnt be of much use unless u were to get into the other base and spawn rape. i also understand that u were going for the whole covenant versus human thing but the ghost isnt really a counter part to the mongoose (ghosts have guns) . oh and why is the hole in the middle open? where do the teleporters lead? can u explain that in the post?

i hope this helps with the final version.

i also dont see the resemblance to blood gulch here, sorry.

OMG and one final thing! theres covie turrets on one side but nothing on the other.

15. spazmonkey92

spazmonkey92 Ancient

you need to put alot moe cover down and vary the weapons, spread out the power weapons and take a couple of the vehicles off because of the size

16. Captain Forge

Captain Forge Ancient

Thank you! Thank you so much! Forgot that!

Oh and the teleporters lead to each other (expained in post.)

17. Rifte

Rifte Ancient

Dude, he said it was a BETA...as in it's not completely finished it... \
    OT:
    Uhh...I wouldn't consider plasma turrets an "anti air" weapon... and is it a transport hornet or normal? Because it would be so unfair if it was normal hornet, freaking impossible to kill without proper weapons and cover. Because as you said, the covenant side get covenant weapons, and there's northing really built to kill that kind of thing and banshees won't exactly work effectively.

18. GeneralCupcakes

GeneralCupcakes Ancient

Like what every one else said this map is to open. I know Blood Gulch is like that but it's balanced with rockets and snipers. You should at lease put in some cover and balance the vehicles other wise it would be like frikin Bull Run.

19. A hobo

A hobo Ancient

Good job on the idea for a remake, but this looks a little bit empty. I don't really understand why you put a random mancannon on each base, either though. Keep trying, I'd make a V2.

20. KilerG

KilerG Ancient

From the pictures it looks like a simple yet maybe fun map?