Goliath

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Race Maps' started by Ic3man314, Aug 1, 2008.

1. astronum

astronum Ancient

I Like The Beginning Timed Map Event With Fusion Coils Destroying the Grav Lifts, Although it did happen a bit to early for everyone to get ready, it would be better If the fusion coil was set to respawn rate: 20, at the T-Turn Some people tend to turn left but this isn’t much of a problem as it is clear what way to go,
    on the first bank turn The inner lain is extremely tight, but I do like your use of levels between the turn, I would suggest putting a shield door on the inner turn, The second turn is surprising as you start it going up a ramp, but it dose encourage drivers that speeding around the track isn’t always the best way. It would be better though if there was no ramp at the beginning, instead: a smooth Bend down.
    The Fence Jumps are a nice touch, but the dumpsters are easy to break past, but there is no way of skipping the track when passing through them.
    I Love The Teleporter Arch, and the fact that it just leads to the same place, incase of accidental flipping.
    The Start of the S-Turn is very smooth but it is an unsuspecting turn as you see the next long- but narrow turn, the next turn is very smooth, just like the first one, and the barriers do provide some protection against falling off the map
    The Small Jump isn’t easy unless going at full speed, which can be hard when facing that slow turn before, plus with other drivers, and the chance of flipping,
    The Oversheild Drop is very smooth and the turn after is wide enough to give the driver a chance to get ready for the turn
    The Wire spool Respawn is useful, as I imagine some people may be misguided as to going in the ‘Garage Direction’
    The Problem with this map is that an Average Spartan / Elite can walk around this map with out a mongoose, and can stay near to the lap finish (including with a mongoose), I am sorry if the game type doesn’t allow Players to do so, but I tested it in forge to be able to get a feel of the map.
    Overall I’ll Give it a 4/5

Sorry if the post is too long
    -Astronum

2. B3NJ4M1N08

B3NJ4M1N08 Ancient

Nice work! This track looks smooth and very playable. I did notice one thing though that you might want to change. You don't have an uncheatable finish and you may want to use some of those teleporters you used for aesthetics as a way to keep people from cheating on your race track. V2 anyone?

3. Ryan. K.

Ryan. K. Ancient

It's not really that great, the layout and the circuit looks kind of what I see in most of the Race Maps on Foundry, some more Interlocking would be improving too.
    I suggest adding some more objectives and things like ramps and things like that, maybe switch over too an bigger map like Avalanche.

Trying to be helpfull, not mean.

4. Ic3man314

Ic3man314 Ancient

thanks guys and the gametype to be used is the Halotracks gametype Racetracks

5. Ic3man314

Ic3man314 Ancient

6. D ReD 868

D ReD 868 Ancient

this track looks good. to me.