Goliath

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Race Maps' started by Ic3man314, Aug 1, 2008.

1. Ic3man314

Ic3man314 Ancient

Map Name: Goliath

Gametype: Racetracks

Screenshots: New Screenshots of whole track!!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Description: One of The Biggest Foundry Races of all time. A 45 second avg. lap time. Has over 10 banked turns. Has two off camber turns. A banked S-bend, and the 85 degree drop. First is the never before seen drop starting gate. Then you go into a huge uphill that has two lines. The left is a huge banked turn and to the right is a jump were you step in to the hill then 180 back down it. Next is a nasty 180 off- camber turn. The trick is if you take the outside around the off camber you set your self up for a double down. If you take the inside you can't double it so you have to roll over the double. Then into a little split section with a double on the right and a tabletop to the left. Next you go up a huge uphill S-Bend. It is banked then to a off camber then into another banked turn. Next you jump the uphill double and cross the finish line. Then you go down the 85 degree drop to a 180 turn. Then under the tunnel and take a right handed turn to the starting uphill.

What inspired your creation?: Well just alot of the good maps today have great flow and alot of double wide banked turns. So I took that and threw in my own ideas and got this idea for Goliath.

How long did it take you to create?: Well my brother and I designed the new drop starting gate. So that took us like 3 hours to perfect. And the map itself i would say a good 8 hours.

What aspect took the longest to get right?: The whole track was not easy to build. But if I had to narrow it down I would say the banked S-Bend. Because i had to interlock alot. Line up all the corners. So that was the hardest to get right?

Download Link: Goliath

#1 Ic3man314, Aug 1, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2008
    Scopulus likes this.
  2. GD27 BlueDevil

GD27 BlueDevil Ancient

More pics would definately be nice... I love some of the dezigns you have created on this map specially the ark and it looks pretty neat! Good job I will download and race my friend.

3. Magekid211

Magekid211 Ancient

How did you make the drop start?5/5

4. Norlinsky

Norlinsky Guest

I think this could use more pictures, but I pretty much see the whole track. I gotta say, it looks really nice and competitive. Good job on this one

5. browniekillyou

browniekillyou Ancient
    Banned

it looks very nice fomr what is shown but t definatly needs more pics

6. Silent oo death

Silent oo death Ancient

nah--I bet there has been bigger ones. Also would it not be a good idea that if it is so big than have pics showing the size? Well the starting gate at least looks amazing.

7. Ace Of Light

Ace Of Light Ancient

What is it with race maps nowadays? Are they really THAT fun? u_u
    Anyway, nicely done, but all race maps are starting to look the same to me.

8. Who is MCV?

Who is MCV? Ancient

Looks like a cool racetrack but ill have to dl to make sure.

9. Ja Red is Ninja

Ja Red is Ninja Ancient

Nice design on this. very long race map along with the great interlocks. how does the starting gate work. I'll DL and be back with a review

10. Pro NZ Assassin

Pro NZ Assassin Ancient

This map looks really good, but like what every1 has said could you embed some more pictures please????

11. Fluffy Pie

Fluffy Pie Ancient

I Dled this map and I liked it 5/5 but one problem to me is that it gets abit confusing. So maybe add reciever nodes (if you can) so its easier to see which way around the corner you have to go.

12. xbrokenxangelx

xbrokenxangelx Ancient

If there were more pictures i would have definently downloaded.
    But the few pictures there are show a good looking racetrack, i'll check back in a day or two to see the rest

13. sexy dude

sexy dude Ancient

this is a really nice map i would add an overview of the map but it is nice i like the teleporter part and also i like the ramp which has that hole in it

14. Pac Sun Man

Pac Sun Man Ancient

It looks extremely cheatable. Maybe you should make a V2 with no cheating. Otherwise, good job.

15. Ic3man314

Ic3man314 Ancient

No the only place you can cheat is the double over the track you can fall down into it but, if i would fix it it wouldn't be a double. And plus this is made on a foundry ulimited money canvas and i used everything i could use in a race map.

16. A SouthPark Kid

A SouthPark Kid Ancient

Looks like a awsome 5/5 map very creative nice interlocking, is it named after a rollercoaster?

17. Ic3man314

Ic3man314 Ancient

no it is just a big race map with a lot of turns jumps and drops so i called it goliath

18. Scopulus

Scopulus Ancient

My God, that is beautiful. How does the beggining work? some sorta switch thingy? Idk. Wow. DL for me.

19. Lord Duckington

Lord Duckington Ancient

wow this map looks amazing! i absolutley love race maps, and this one looks like one of the best ones ou tthere! DLing for sure

20. Acid Mailbox

Acid Mailbox Ancient

that map does have cheatable parts but i really dont care i hate when ppl ***** about it and i like the new start idea. But alot of the track is awkwardly made and doesn't look to nice either, many parts can be fixed up or interlocked. And i also have the declared longest track with an average lap of 2 1/2 min so 3/5