Gold elite ranger

Discussion in 'Reach Screenshots & Videos' started by black master, Aug 26, 2011.

1. black master

black master Forerunner

<iframe src="http://www.bungie.net/Silverlight/bungiemediaplayer/embed.aspx?fid=22877810" scrolling="no" style="padding:0;margin:0;border:0;" width="640" height="360" ></iframe>

#1 black master, Aug 26, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2011
  2. EpicChief117

EpicChief117 Forerunner

I've seen him loads of times. Killed him too :D

He can appear in any level of the campaign and will usually dissapear if a member of noble team comes within shooting distance. But on winter Contingency, you can easily run him over with the truck. I sometimes dare myself to kill him in various ways like; noscope, assassination.

3. Loscocco

Loscocco Ancient

Nah, they just disappear if you let them live for too long, thats all.

Also, just a small fact, you get a medal on Bungie.net for every Gold Elite Ranger (aka BOB) that you kill.

4. colonel4h2

colonel4h2 Forerunner

Those are BOBs. They are just either gold ranger or elite with random generated armor. There sometime's is a challenge for killing them and you do get a medal, but you can only see it on Bungie.net

5. Berb

Berb Forerunner
    Forge Critic Senior Member

^ The medal is called 'Seek and Destroy'. BOBs appear on all levels BUT ONI: SWORDBASE.

On Winter Contingency, he is in the east valley area on the back road.

On Nightfall, he can appear in the area of the level where the firefight map 'Waterfront' is.

On Long Night of Solace, he can appear in the bridge of the corvette.

On the last mission, he can appear in the Boneyard area

6. colonel4h2

colonel4h2 Forerunner

Well actually a BOB does appear on ONI swordbase, but with random generated armor and it is always white. Before you entire inside the base make a left and you will see an white elite with general armor, etc.

7. Lolwut Flying

Lolwut Flying Forerunner

The second time I went over Reach's campaign in legendary, I kept killing Bob without noticing... (such as when I was being a reckless Warthog driver and ran over him...)

8. colonel4h2

colonel4h2 Forerunner

I love that on Winter Contingency driving the civilian vehicles and backing up on one =D. Oh one bob is really hard to find in New Alexandria.

9. Berb

Berb Forerunner
    Forge Critic Senior Member

No he's not a real BOB, he doesn't give you the medal. The other 'wannabe BOB' is in swordbase, he is wearing field marshal armor and stands still until attacked

10. colonel4h2

colonel4h2 Forerunner

^OOOOH Then he just an easter egg i guess? ...Where's the other wannabe BOB? I heard about the field marshal too.