Debate God

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Nitrous, Dec 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Monolith

Monolith Ancient

lol I was about to play along with the whole unicorn thing.. But good job on finding what I was about to post about, then totally assuming it was going to be used against my own argument.
    [​IMG]

Would you stop assuming things??

That's what I'm talking about. Your derogatory disrespect is irritating and I'd very much like it if you shut up
    OR
    you could actually try adding value to this thread by debating in a sensible manner.

#2321 Monolith, Aug 12, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2009
  2. Transhuman Plus

Transhuman Plus Ancient

Are you going to reference that "Some people, such as ones with mental handicaps, get better rewards in heaven". I'd love to know that you didn't just make that up to deflect this question:

3. RadiantRain

RadiantRain Ancient

I have a different assumption on this topic. Perhaps God has given us all different tasks to complete, those that are more fortunate are probably supposed to help the poor and sacrifice money for the poor, while the poor must survive and grow honestly into a good state.

Another problem is that I believe that God just can't break the Laws of this universe that he set up, why would everyone have the same status when their are so many factors to influence everything.

The same goes with miracles, he can cure some disease in a way that does not break the laws of the universe, but he can't repair a missing limb because that would break the laws of the universe, and he can't intervene to a certain extent either he can't really stop a limb from coming off if another human shot it off or it was chopped off in a freak accident.

Off course I just want you to know that I am aware of the problems in this post and I know that those words in Green make this post pointless.

4. EonsAgo

EonsAgo Ancient

Test taker A is given a blindfold and a broken pencil, and B gets to take the test normally. Would it be fair to automatically give person A a good grade because he was given a handicap?

And if life is not a test, what is it? And why would God make things the way he did?
    I HIGHLY doubt he is seeing who to be friends with.

#2324 EonsAgo, Aug 12, 2009
  5. Monolith

Monolith Ancient

They're not getting a better grade... They're both getting equal grades, but it's the journey that matters.. What Test taker B may have done to help Test taker A, or vice versa... It's what the test takers do as they go along that God rewards. Here are the Beatitudes:
    I'm only assuming life is a test or a series of tests..

6. EonsAgo

EonsAgo Ancient

I cannot continue if I am unsure of what I am debating with. Elaborate?

7. RabidZergling

RabidZergling Ancient

How am I wrong - yes, the imaginary lover part is a joke, but please explain how god is any different than an imaginary friend who many people happen to believe in.

8. Eyeless Sid

Eyeless Sid Ancient

Because we use common sense/observation to eliminate impossible things as we grow up. Theres no fat man who has flying deer which comes down chimneys at christmas. Theres no bunny leaving candies hidden on Easter. Theres no Lepercauns on ST Patties day. Theres no tooth fairy when we loose teeth. Some people just choose not to eliminate god because they can't proove that their parents are behind it all. The closest to parents being behind God is that they[assumingly] follow a church or religion of some sort lead by a group of secretive people with a book. They teach their children from a young age that that they must believe and the children definately belive their parents , who wouldn't? Parents don't lie to their kids but what if that secretive group is lieing to the parents? It would just be them being missinformed and then passing on the lie [unknown to them] to their children. When you are told something your whole life you generaly believe it.
    Its like this, you can't catch your father dressing up like god and say "oh hes not real" because thats not how we celebrate or believe in god. The church made gods image impossible to replicate so that he could not be "caught in the act". Most still existing religions don't put a image of there God so it can't be proven to be imaginary. The greeks messed up in this aspect by giving their gods images / definate look which we eventualy realized is silly and impossible. Thats why their gods are not believed in anymore because the "gods" were caught or deemed imaginary.

#2328 Eyeless Sid, Aug 12, 2009
  9. shiruken

shiruken Ancient

Why do some people continue to believe in Santa and the Tooth Fairy? Why do we continue to tell our children about those figments of our imagination? How is that any different from telling a child to believe in a God?

10. Eyeless Sid

Eyeless Sid Ancient

They didn't like me last time I asked questions. I even saw my priest get fired for scimming money out of the donations. Hes no longer a priest. All I ever got from him were lies so I don't think asking them will do much good.

11. Jimbodawg

Jimbodawg Ancient

This one of the most logical posts in this thread, and I admire you for sharing your thoughts. I posted something along these lines a while back, but everyone either ignored it or came back with a "..but prove God DOESN'T exist!" post.

God is real.

#2331 Jimbodawg, Aug 12, 2009
  12. Eyeless Sid

Eyeless Sid Ancient

Where donation money was going. He bought himself some nice cars ,cloths and prostitutes. After his little scandle was fried my family left the church for the most part. Even with a new preist it doesn't change the fact that him{a representative of the church and a symbol of god] would steal from the poor just to help himself. Yeah one of the many reasons I have lost any faith I had.

13. Eyeless Sid

Eyeless Sid Ancient

What makes the greek gods anymore real than our god ? Theirs are no longer believed in whats preventing others from disapearing like the greeks? Well its the image as I said before since theres no definate image to our god than it can't be prooved fake. Its a trick that religious leaders formulated so they can't be wrong. The evidence thats theres no god is visible evidence and physical and or verbal evidence. You can't see him , you cant detect him physicaly meaning he can't be felt and also you cant hear him. Theres no pictures of god, there no god remains or DNA theres no god voice recording besides the ink of the bible. Any one can write a book and say that some one else said this. God didn't sign the bible so legaly he didn't say it . Theres no way of disprooving nothing its like dividing by zero. You cant do it be cause its not possible and its not there. Its like an illusion that has been sewn into our social fabric. We can't ask the people who wrote the bible if they actualy taked to god and we don't know if they were sane or not. Since we can't verify the authors of the bibles authenticity we can't say its the proof that theres a god. The reason we can't disproove a god is that we never had the evidence or proof to begin with to tell if it was real or not.

Also Im not blaming you for not being able to definatley proove gods existance you can't because only the people who were there could say if it was real or not. Those people are all dead and we don't even know if most of the bible were actualy real. No bodies of them have been found so we can't say that they were even real.

#2333 Eyeless Sid, Aug 12, 2009
  14. Eyeless Sid

Eyeless Sid Ancient

Its a source that has changed so many times that it has mutated in a way from its original form. We don't know its pure form, since theres not many surviving copies of the orriginal copies it has changed hands so many time over the ages that the stories have changed . Yes there must have been something to have made someone write this group of stories. If they are based on true stories is the problem, we have to take a dead mans word for it and we didn't know these dead men so its just us hoping they were right. That they were trustful and sane humans that aren't telling us a fake/made up story. People see weird things through out history and lots of the time they missidentify what they see. As we matured as a species we have disproved and acuratly identified things that were in question in the past. Most sea monsters and angry gods, or fairy tales that humans used to identify the unexplained have been re explained by science even alot of the bibles stories. The history channel does this very well they take the most well know biblical stories and disprove the "unexplianed" parts which people said was godly. People say god when they don't have an answer but science is actualy the thing people see not a god.

15. RabidZergling

RabidZergling Ancient

So somehow Christianity is right, but every other holy book ever written is wrong? Why are other religions wrong when they started out the same way? Can't you argue that Scientology is right, because there could have been truth from the beginnig of that chain? I mean, ask any follower of scientology today and they will tell you that it is absolutely the truth, even though you and I both know it is wrong.
    The only thing that makes your religion special is that sometime in your past, you chose to believe it instead of a different religion.

#2335 RabidZergling, Aug 12, 2009
  16. RabidZergling

RabidZergling Ancient

Any monotheistic religion's god is perfect. The only reason why you believe the christian god is more perfect is because you chose to believe in him first.

17. RabidZergling

RabidZergling Ancient

Orly?

18. RabidZergling

RabidZergling Ancient

Fine then. Zoroastrianism. Or how about my invisible unicorn god? In my eyes, the invisible unicorn is the perfect being. Why is your god so much more special?
    Again, it all comes down to your predetermined choice of who to worship, not logic or rationing.

19. Monolith

Monolith Ancient

This has already been discussed.. several times I believe...

New topic?

Fix'd

20. Nitrous

Nitrous Ancient

Whether or not your religion claims to have a perfect god is of no merit to his existence. It is only evidence of the arrogance of your religion. I digress. (Sub)Tropical people generally have polytheistic religions (Mayan, Greecian, etc.) and desert dwelling people generally believe in a singular god. If you are looking for a perfect non-Abrahamic god I would suggest you start with a country based in the desert and do a search of the various religions of that area.

Because those fairy tales carry a burden of proof. Plus parents admit to being the culprits. God can ALWAYS escape ANY burden of proof and that's why he can continue to persist.

#2340 Nitrous, Aug 13, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.