Go-Kart course

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Race Maps' started by ssshakedown, Dec 9, 2007.

1. ssshakedown

ssshakedown Ancient

Map: http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=15190465
    Gametype: http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=15190323
    This is a map made specifically for Mongoose racing around the perimeter of The Pit. If you download the gametype, the game will be similar to Rocket Race in that each team has a VIP and a Mongoose. However, instead of a rocket launcher, each player starts with a sniper rifle and a shotgun with unlimited ammo. The person riding on the back of the Mongoose will be firing, while the other drives. Also, the checkpoints (Go-To points) light up in a specific order, so the flow of the map should always be one way, making it a real race. The first person to reach 25 checkpoints wins. In the beginning, one team will inevitably be nearer to the first checkpoint than others, but it's easy to catch up. Shield recharge rate is at 200%, so only sniper headshots, and point-blank shotgun shots will kill, much like if you were inside a regenerator field. If you die, you will respawn out of the track (or near it), and can wait for your teammate to pick you up. If you look at the screenshots, you'll notice that it's fairly easy to get out of the race track. While this won't earn you points at first, it can actually be turned into a strategy. On person might stay out of the map and cover their VIP (VIPs can drive in the game variant), but if their VIP gets into a fight with another 'Goose, it's pretty much over. As a result, staying on the track is recommended. Now, for said screenshots:

[img width=800 height=600]http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh194/ssshakedown-/Halo%203%20Map%20Screenshots/14823103-Full.jpg[/img]
    The area between the needler spawn on the default map configuration, and the default shotgun spawn on the default configuration. In this screenshot, the flow of the track would be from right to left.
    [img width=800 height=600]http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh194/ssshakedown-/Halo%203%20Map%20Screenshots/14823119-Full.jpg[/img]
    The area between the default needler spawn and the default rocket spawn. Again, right to left.

[img width=800 height=600]http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh194/ssshakedown-/Halo%203%20Map%20Screenshots/14823208-Full.jpg[/img]
    Between the mauler and shotgun default spawns. Right to left.

[img width=800 height=600]http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh194/ssshakedown-/Halo%203%20Map%20Screenshots/14823209-Full.jpg[/img]
    A mongoose spawn.

[img width=800 height=600]http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh194/ssshakedown-/Halo%203%20Map%20Screenshots/14823270-Full.jpg[/img]
    The tower area. Bottom to top.

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh194/ssshakedown-/Halo%203%20Map%20Screenshots/14823273-Full.jpg
    Mauler spawn. Bottom to top.

1 person likes this.
  2. DareDefyMe88

DareDefyMe88 Ancient

Re: Go-Kart course on The Pit

The description sounds awesome, although I can't determine much from the pictures.

Great idea. I think it would be really really fun to play.

3. ssshakedown

ssshakedown Ancient

I didn't know what to take pictures of, so I just took one of each blocked part.
    I'll probably upload a video of me running the course alone, if GeeVee's back up yet.

4. EliteSniper177

EliteSniper177 Ancient

a video would help, maybe a first person camera run through, but this map sounds cool, i have it cued :)

5. Rezzik26

Rezzik26 Ancient

if you could get some screenshots that have more of an aerial view, that would be great

6. Grif

Grif Na'vi Tits

I'll try this out, but I can't download it now, my school blocks Bungie.

7. EliteSniper177

EliteSniper177 Ancient

I tried it out, its pretty good but unoccupied mongeese seem to get in the way alot, id try moving them more to the side, also i ended up getting flipped over alot from all the gravlifts and roadblocks, refining the flow of the course to allow less falls may help. Great idea, just work out the kinks. ;)

8. ssshakedown

ssshakedown Ancient

Yeah, at least three teams are needed for the 'Gooses to not be in the way.
    I'm still playtesting the flow, but I wanted to get this up before someone else thought of the same thing. ;D

9. TBF xPlaYBoYYx

TBF xPlaYBoYYx Ancient

I made a Racetracl on The Pit before. It is really cool actually.

10. absentrabbit

absentrabbit Ancient

I will download, but since there are A LOT of race tracks you may want to add a video or make the pictures more interesting, like by adding pictures of people racing, instead of an abandoned race track.

11. Ty

Ty Guest

It seems to be very compact in the passageways, do you have to kill people to pass them?

12. Lance001

Lance001 Ancient

Playboy, you just created a post entirely of spam. Stop. =/

This map looks really fun, actually. Queued, then reviewed!

13. Lemonyguy47

Lemonyguy47 Ancient

a racetrack on the pit is certainly something new and different... i think ill have to try it out... DLing :squirrel_chatting:

14. Deatheater Dewd

Deatheater Dewd Ancient

Never played a good race map on the Pit. Hope this one is good.

15. PHOENIX 874

PHOENIX 874 Ancient

It seems EXTREMELY cramped.

There are no aspects of this map that you could not recreate on Foundry, so I would suggest that. The overshield spawn could be created with ramps leading down to it, and grav lifts could be used to lift mongeese onto doubleboxes, where you race around the perimeter of Foundry. I think it would be neater, there would be more room to maneuever, and crossmap shooting would be extremely useful but would take a lot of skill. And if you rebuilt it on Foundry, you could make better mongeese spawns, by floating platforms next to the track.

:p Just a suggestion. I really like the idea of shotgun/snipers in a "Rocket" race type game, though.

16. SykoOne

SykoOne Ancient

there are alot of racetracks on the pit but ill take a look at this one.

17. thelastlaugh27

thelastlaugh27 Ancient

I like pit tracks, ill have to check it out... I have some maps too, i need to become a guilder before i can show everyone... I am quite proficient at forgeing...

18. Mashellis

Mashellis Ancient

19. haloforger1

haloforger1 Ancient

Sweeeeeeeet you rule at race maps really.

20. VGI dYn4sTy

VGI dYn4sTy Ancient

i cant rate because you need to fix the pics