Glitching out of Levels

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by TrueDarkFusion, Feb 23, 2008.

1. The publishing fiend

yes, if you do take screenshots of this please post the link on here, i think most of the people who talk on this forum will be equally as excited as I to see this

2. Whisper

Whisper Ancient

3. mummblez09

mummblez09 Ancient

That is aw some. I was trying to do that myself you beat me =[

4. The publishing fiend

hey is it possible to turn into forge mode up there and create items up there or will you automatically explode when you turn into forge, if you dont explode how much freedom do you have before exploding, and can you jump in human form up there

5. a dumb cat

a dumb cat Ancient

Its instant death as player and monitor alike. People keep mentioning that it is possible to get beyond this "death barrier" and into another safe area. This has yet to be done, but I am looking forward to the first time this is accomplished.

HighImpactHalo.org does some crazy stuff like this too, but I haven't seen those guys break these maps beyond what we have done here.

*sad*

--dc

6. a dumb cat

a dumb cat Ancient

First of all, I wouldn't call it cynical. I'm expressing my opinion based on my experience with the glitch. If someone decides to used a glitched map, they obviously need all the resources they can, and being short 1 object from each item does not sound ideal. That's all I was trying to say.

Second of all, please read my past posts. You will find that I am very helpful and rarely spam a forum with one-sentence posts. Currently my 200+ posts have more substance and knowledge behind them than a lot of other posters; they are filled with advice and experience; all presented in a friendly manner. I am nice when I need to be, but painfully honest when necessary. I never claim to know everything because learning is a never-ending process.

Read into it how you will. I will continue to act as I have in the past; and judging from all the friends that I have already made thru ForgeHub in the short time I have been here, I must be doing something right...

Oh, and I don't believe I've ever met you.

--dc

7. mummblez09

mummblez09 Ancient

Maybe you can pass it just like you were used to be able to pass invisible barriers. You know like in Halo 2?
    When there was a texture change if you followed the line it changed you passed the barrier.
    Maybe something like this applies?

8. Whisper

Whisper Ancient

Some parts of the area you can change into a monitor. You can place weapons and turrets up there, but I haven't really tried anything else.

9. The publishing fiend

ok well it could just be me but i havent actually seen you say anything positive and whilst it is still constructive criticism, when you keep getting told more and more things wrong with your map or ideas, it is not the most...encouraging...thing to hear

10. Snipers Stealth

Snipers Stealth Ancient

I'm having trouble acomplishing this, and maps ive tried withe teleporter 'outings' seem to kill me if i get too far. Is there any plans for a video guide? Oh well, i'll keep trying 'till then.

11. a dumb cat

a dumb cat Ancient

No worries, fiend. I will keep this in mind for my future posts. After all, we don't want to discourage others from making great maps. Everyone on ForgeHub seems to be pretty resilient though, so I think we'll be just fine.

Now, back on topic, Sniper: to date we have not been able to penetrate some of the invisible barriers; it is an ongoing puzzle which I'm sure we will solve some day. We have made progress, but more progress is yet to come.

--dc

12. ash.giger

ash.giger Ancient

Stay off the road and away from the pipe and you don't die. There is a lot you can Forge between the wall and the pipe, and the grenade glitch is a lot of fun.

13. Aranore

Aranore Ancient

why do i only see html code ?_?

14. vess rt

vess rt Ancient

Multiple ways to get outside of foundry and LIVE.

LOL, i have found a way to get outside many parts of normal foundry and still live.

There are 6 working portals that lead to 6 completely different parts of foundry (no symmetric duplicates). There are also two additional portals which I cannot get to work, but I have been to these places in forge mode ( and still lived as a monitor).

I'm posting this here because I want someone to help me get to these two extra portals without forge mode because I Think it would be amazing. I've moved them both so that you can kinda see them through the ceiling and the floor.

Link to map http://www.bungie.net/forums/posts.aspx?h3fileid=37463921

I'm posting this for help (mostly) and not for attention. :confused:

#94 vess rt, Jun 2, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2008
  15. vess rt

vess rt Ancient

video

Ok so here I again.

This is a video teaching how to glitch out of ALL of the new levels with this New forge trick. I've not seen this replicated yet, so I give it to you now the tutorial video for the ultimate forge trick for level glitching.

http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=21682642

(by the way its an ingame video)

16. Imperator 14

Imperator 14 Ancient

OMG I LUV UR SIG

COMPANION CUBE FTW

17. Ewok2870

Ewok2870 Ancient

deleted

#97 Ewok2870, Jun 9, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2013
  18. viper123

viper123 Ancient

your file share sucks :D:D:D:D:D

19. fornozo

fornozo Ancient

Found an even easier way to get out of foundry.
    Place A dubble box in a vertical position and set the Place at start to NO.
    Then restart the round and place your self where the dubble box spawns and wait for it to spawn.
    When it spawns just move a little and be quick in to monitor mode and you are under foundry. This might also work with other boxes and things but i only tried it with a dubble box and it worked for me so i wrote that.

20. Viper Skills

Viper Skills Ancient

Wow pretty confusing, but the turret method sounds easiest.