Glitching out of Levels

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by TrueDarkFusion, Feb 23, 2008.

1. RealRico

RealRico Ancient

I do those kind of stuff alot. There is one in rats nest. The area of either base before the center turret area. Look up and you´ll find ladder but you cant go there. So I used the tele tapping technigue to get up on that area. You can only go so far before you ¨fall¨to your death or the gaurdians become big meaniez.

Here is a pic

[​IMG]

2. sethkasketch

sethkasketch Ancient

i found how to make objects appear where it dosen't want you to make them.

you know how if you put a box or something outside the map and it dissapears?
    well if you don't let go, save changes and quit, start the game, go back and it stayed! yay!
    :squirrel_rocking:
    i suppose someone should post this in forging 101, but my computers being weird atm, so i can't :(

3. azn_dude1

azn_dude1 Ancient

There's a cool sniping spot in foundry with this glitch. There's two fans up top on the wall opposite the back hallways. Use the turret method and you can see pretty much the whole map and snipe, but I can't find how to put a teleporter or spawn point there. If anyone finds out, tell me plz.

4. Lemmonade

Lemmonade Ancient

When the maps first came out i was making a tunnel map in foundry and i had a double box standing upwards againts one of the windows, i ws going to put a teliporter on it so i was next to the box, i spawned a teliporter and it spawned outside so i put it down and i had gotten out, it was cool, but there was nothing much out there so i didnt post it here but what ever thats another method called blocking

5. General Jack II

General Jack II Ancient

i have gotten out of foundry before way further out and i just spawned a teleporter on the other side of the window
    check out these screen shots of the out side of foundry here http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=17805120

and if you want to explore the outside of foundry your self check out this clip and pause it once it starts because if you don't it will send you back inside when i respawn
    here
    http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=17804961

Explanation:
    first i just spawned a receiver node outside one of the windows and a sender inside. once i stepped into it i was out side but i quickly realized there were a few more barriers to overcome because i would take a few steps and and die. so i went into theater and positioned the camera outside of those barriers by locking on to my character and rotating it outside the map than detached it once it was out and thats how i got so far out of the map.

6. Nutduster

Nutduster TCOJ

Are there are outside map areas that are particularly useful? I am intrigued by this in general but everything I've read indicates that usually you can only move around a little bit, and can't spawn much out there in forge. That doesn't sound promising.

7. aguy1700

aguy1700 Ancient

this is very interesting but the tele tapping and the one with elastic walls or whatever were slightly confusing

8. nealsaviking

nealsaviking Ancient

Videos please?? :squirrel_sad:

9. OnlyMaximumv

OnlyMaximumv Ancient

all in good time
    :squirrel_chatting:

10. camero959

camero959 Ancient

i did this to get out of the pit but it either said i commited suicide or was killed by the guardians. any help?

11. The publishing fiend

hey guys i have a way to get out of levels which i was kinda hoping someone would catch onto but ill have to enlighten you myself apparently...

12. The publishing fiend

i was experimenting with the 'advanced floating' techniques qhen i discovered that if u hold a teleporter out of the map by going up to the boundary and pushing the teleporter as far out as possible and seeing where it can be held at but if u release it, it will be either deleted or pushed back in the map. if instead of releasing it you pause, save and end game whilst holding it, it will still be there when u restart the game. you can use this method to get out of maps and create areas in ur maps using these places... well happy forging

13. kayaman132

kayaman132 Ancient

no offence but a lot of people already know that.

oh and try not to double post.

14. abixenator

abixenator Ancient

So, I've used this to get out of the pit (and if you flip one of those Hogs out there then it lets you use the right bumper to flip it. Interactive, but you can't drive). However, if I tried to go any further past an invisible barrier, or even stayed human for too long, the Guardians killed me.

Can I stop this or is getting out of the Pit a lost cause?

15. Wraith

Wraith Ancient

I'm having a problem getting under the glass in Snowbound. Any other tips besides the ones put in TDF's post?

16. Whisper

Whisper Ancient

Well, I don't know TDF's post, but I always do it by teletapping a receiver under the middle of the ghost spawn. It has to be in the middle to land on the ledge or when you go through it, you'll die.

17. The publishing fiend

i use the turret method to get beneath snowbound myself, and i only said that thing bout the teleporters out of maps cause no one had ever mentioned it on any sites i have visited oh and if u give me ur gamertag i can show u a map i made set up for getting the troop hog inside the pit and actually driving it also you can find out how on youtube but it took me at least and hour to get the teleporter right

18. a dumb cat

a dumb cat Ancient

Link to youtube video, please?

Oh, and I don't think getting out of The Pit is a lost cause. It will just take some time (and luck).

19. aguy1700

aguy1700 Ancient

outside of foundry is boring except when ya can see the end of da ocean. just fly in monitor to the end of the one side of the level (the on that does NOT stop you and ya can see it.) :squirrel_wtf:

20. Whisper

Whisper Ancient

Yeah, Foundry is pretty boring on the outside, though if you glitch into the ceiling you get some pretty fun stuff.