Glitching out of Levels

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by TrueDarkFusion, Feb 23, 2008.

1. TrueDarkFusion

TrueDarkFusion Ancient

Forging 101: Glitching out of Levels

This episode of Forging 101 deals with glitching out of maps in order to increase the area that forgers can utilize for their maps. There are several different methods for glitching out of maps that will be covered. These methods include tele tapping, the turret method, spawn point glitching, and box-teleporter glitching.

Tele-Tapping
    This is a very easy technique that will allow you to make maps similar to the maps that are under the glass on snowbound. Ok you need to do three things. Number one, this is a biggie so try not to forget, be in Forge. Number two, make sure you are not host. Number three, spawn a teleporter on the glass you wish to tele-tap it through. Use Snowbound's ghost spawn for starters.

OK. Your in forge, you have a teleporter, you have a lack of host, and a smile only a mother could love. Try to be at a 65 angle. This is the hard part, tap A until the receiver node or two-way node falls through the glass. When it does, hopefully it will, spawn a sender node and fly through. You are now under the glass. Go into theater mode to explore more of this underground area.

The Turret Method
    Ah the turret method, this may be the most useful glitching method available to players to utilize. To do this you will first have to be in forge. Place a turretagainst an object that you can see through such as glass or a fence. You may have to float a turret to get to higher surfaces such as the glass windows on Foundry using the save and quit method. Once your turret is positioned directly against the surface mount the turret. You may have to walk against the surface and face the turret slightly. If you cannot get on the turret you may need to reposition it by moving it up or changing the angle it is positioned at.

Now comes the fun part. Once you have mounted the turret look directly up as seen in the picture above. Next turn into a monitor. You should now be glitched through the surface into an additional part of the map. If you would like people to access this part of the map place spawn points or teleporters in the area. If another player is in the room with you can alternatively have them pick up the turret while you are on it and drag it to the surface. Mongooses can also be used if a player is on the rear end. Feel free to incorporate these areas into your Forge maps.

Spawn Point Glitching
    There are some areas that cannot be accessed using the tele tapping or turret methods. In special cases you can glitch spawn points through certain areas of the map. Unfortunately there really is no accurate way of doing this. To glitch a spawn point into an area drag the spawn point over the invisible wall or in some cases solid objects. If you are able to get it above an invisible wall, continue to spawn or drag the spawn point along the surface. If you get lucky you may just manage to glitch a spawn point into an inaccessible area. A good example of a practical use of this method is <span style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(51, 102, 255);">Holding Cell which is played in the spire above Camp Froman on Last Resort.

Box-Teleporter Glitching

The final method that can be used to reach previously inaccessible areas is box-teleporter glitching. This method is a bit archaic but works quite well on some of the older maps. Box-Teleporter glitching is used to get past elastic barriers which are barriers that push you back when you walk into them. In order to do this you will first need to place a box (containers work best) against an elastic barrier. Now attempt to place a receiver node or two way node behind the box. You may have to hold the right trigger to move the object far away from you to place it behind the box. Now you should be able to enter a sender node and exit out of the teleporter behind the barrier. Now you may use parts of this area to build part of a map, but note that it is difficult to place objects while behind the barrier and you may be ejected from it and have to re-enter it through the teleporter. Unfortunately this is the only method that can allow you to place objects and build part of a map in some areas such as the ledge above Camp Froman on Last Resort.

#1 TrueDarkFusion, Feb 23, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2008
    Shad0w Viper likes this.
  2. opothehippo

opothehippo Ancient

Hmm, not quite related to forge but I'm sure it will help me in the future.

Thanks. :D

3. Orangeremi

Orangeremi Ancient

Actually, yes it is. It gives more places we could build maps on, more variety, etc..etc...

4. the other dark

the other dark Ancient

Going outside foundry sounds really interesting. I'll have to try that some time.

Great info.

5. Egoender

Egoender Ancient

Hmmm, interesting.

6. kayaman132

kayaman132 Ancient

great F101 Truedark, a even through i knew all of that.

7. XxTexasHornxX

XxTexasHornxX Ancient

You might want to fix that since it is very misleading. The tutorial was really helpful since I only knew the turret one.

8. Shanon

Shanon Loves His Sex Fruits

I was actually expecting to see a video of the ways to get out of the maps. Some people might have not understood it or just got lost reading it lol. But thnx i think this will come in handy while making maps.

9. TrueDarkFusion

TrueDarkFusion Ancient

Written tutorial comes before the the video.

10. toonshorty

toonshorty Ancient

I have been out foundry, its not great, you just die

11. Roche178

Roche178 Ancient

Nice post TDF very informative.

12. KRONOS117

KRONOS117 Ancient

great post ive done the Foundry thing before on a friends map its fun

13. sparten45

sparten45 Ancient

Not always if you no were to go it is fun I have even been out and on top

14. sniper of war

sniper of war Ancient

Another more efficient way of gettin out of map is in forge. pick up the turret w/ a guy inside and wait until he outside then turn into forge dude. I have used this to get out of Foundry,High Ground, The Pit, Standoff, Snowbound, Rats Nest, and all the other maps (except 4 Guardian)

15. preplook1

preplook1 Ancient

do any of the methods work if ur the host

16. Creeping Death

Creeping Death What's a Halo?

I've actually already incorporated this glitch into a map that I published a while back. I called the map Camp De4th and I put the Rockets outside of Foundry. Just be careful not to walk near the pipes on your left when you come out of the teleporter because you will magically fall to your death.

If you wanna check it out just to see what this glitch is like just check it out for yourself. This isn't meant to be an advertisement of my map in another thread,it's just a shortcut for those that wanna see the glitch and not go through the steps of creating it. I have the teleporter hidden under the 01 bases ramp just so you know.

Camp De4th

17. OnlyMaximumv

OnlyMaximumv Ancient

another way to get out of the map is to just go against the wall as the monitor dude backing into it then turn human (or elite) it works on some maps and to get out of open crates.
    i also have done this to get on the top ledge in the generator room in last resort then by using other methods you can make a base in the upper corner
    i havent used it on a map i just did it to mess around

18. opothehippo

opothehippo Ancient

I guess so, I just have personaly never liked the out of the map area, you die to often and its messy and stuff. [/ocd]

19. Kronos

Kronos Ancient

You don't need to save and quit for the turret by the glass on founfry. Just put it ontop a double box, maybe add a wall ontop to keep it level.

And the tele tapping wasn't explained too great, but its okay.

Sorry to be all negative but I have nothing too positive to say because I already knew it all.

Hopefully this'll help newer players though

20. pinecone2654

pinecone2654 Ancient

here's something wierd to do, when you're outside of foundry, face towards the inside and throw a grenade. Its really wierd, and it doesnt happen with firebomb grenades for some reason.