Glitched

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by V3SPH, Aug 12, 2008.

1. V3SPH

V3SPH Ancient

Glitched
    By V3SPH

Before you post, this is not just a bunch of boxes piled up. This is a well thought out, balanced map. Almost everything is interlocked.
    People who have failed to read the above: screenhunter69, Orbitalshot, xpwx stealth, KratosAur - - AHHH i give up.

Glitched (Pernounced Gli-tich) is not your average map. The map has boxes almost everywhere. With many entrances to the strange contraption, The map will keep you wondering where the hell you are almost every game. The contraption has many corners, and floors, and walls that are also floors. Slayer with up to 9 people, almost anywhere you go, there will be a surprise. When getting chased or chasing someone, you could easily fall off, which is not good. Sometimes it is good though, it could save your life!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#1 V3SPH, Aug 12, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2008
  2. drak

drak Ancient

yeeaaaahhh actually looks pretty fun, if it had like stupid crap everywhere, but this is just boxes though....

3. screenhunter69

screenhunter69 Ancient

.ooks like nothing like ive ever ceen, ill DL but you should put some interlocking in.

4. zoner117

zoner117 Ancient

I'm not used to seeing maps like this, but I'll download to check it out.

4/5 It reminds me of a hamster thing. I wonder what other people will think...

5. Obibital

Obibital Ancient

i agree with you there should be more stuff and there could be some interlocking to make it look nicer,

6. V3SPH

V3SPH Ancient

Put some interlocking in? PUT SOME INTERLOCKING IN?

Almost every object is interlocked :p

Look at the pictures, in both those, you can see 8 Interlocking.
    oh, and also look at the first paragraph in the map post.

#6 V3SPH, Aug 12, 2008
  7. Resix

Resix Ancient

no offense this is just my opinion. ummm i think thats just an excuse to make a sloppy map. other than that its pretty unique 4/5 for being somewhat original. i suggest interlocking and some geo-merging.

8. PingPongLegend

PingPongLegend Ancient

yes i know that it is not randomly placed boxes and you really had some forethought when you made this map
    but
    this has been done a million times and when everyone makes junkyard maps, they all look the same
    they all look sloppy, they all look poorly planned, and the makers always place high praise on them
    4/5

9. xI F0X H0UND Ix

xI F0X H0UND Ix Ancient

i like the concept, looks very fun to play. R u supposed 2 start off with random weapons or r there weapons on the map?

10. HLG Viper

HLG Viper Ancient

I made something like this a while ago. Allthough i enjoy these kind of maps, the random path ones, it's not what i would consider forgehub worthy. I usually throw stuff into the mancannons on avalanche´and make maks like these if i don't have a map to play on. I cannot see any interlocking. The only forge glitch used that i can see is the floating object glitch. And i don't see any need of interlocking in a map like this, now you guys are just being silly. What would he interlock? The point is to jump between twisted boxes and such.

You should make some kind of border though, to keep players out of original foundry. Are there objectives, spawnpoints and spawn areas in the structure? I'll check it out at least. I like the idea though, and i'm glad someone finally had the guts to post one here.

11. FirstXboxKid

FirstXboxKid Ancient

interesting

Doesnt look good, but looks fun, mabye enclose it in a big box like that other map, looks like its worth a download, if my downloader would friggin work...

12. drak

drak Ancient

play fiesta FFA slayer on it, and it should be PIMP!!!

13. Jpec07

Jpec07 Ancient

You know, I understand that it was probably well thought out and that it isn't actually random boxes thrown everywhere, but that doesn't change the fact of what it looks like. My friends and I actually made a "pile of junk" map on Avalanche that involved spawning immovable objects and throwing them into a pile at and from random angles. The result was an incredibly fun map that provided hours of entertainment as we explored the chaos we'd created. Despite its randomness, the map actually turned out to be incredibly well balanced, and if any of us had cared, could have been saved and modified to support pretty well all gametypes available.

So this map isn't a bad idea, but while probably well planned, the construction doesn't show the forethought involved. I'll give it a 2.5/5

That said, it's pronounced, "glitched." :p

14. Supernaut

Supernaut Ancient

Well another mess of boxes map, yay. In case you didn't guess just a hint of sarcasm. Also you need to calm down and not flip out over him not noticing you interlocking, I must say none of the junkyard or boxes everywhere maps play very good. This one looks like a giant pile of junk, if you want to make an original map that is not the thing to do they just look sloppy and most people dismis the map.

15. Ja Red is Ninja

Ja Red is Ninja Ancient

reminds me of Katamari. If you tried to make this layout then well done...

BTW Viper is obsessed with huge posts. lol

16. HLG Viper

HLG Viper Ancient

Wait 'til you read this one mister normandy :)

Okay, i'm back from my forgethrough. There actually was interlocking, to a small extent, and i'm glad you took the time to do those small aesthetics people wouldn't even notice. While the layout isn't great (all boxes lead to the middle, some aren't walkable), this map gives a little "Distortion" feel. I can understand how it can be confusing at times.

With that said, i would like to carry on with the spawn-points. I only saw 8 spawnpoints, and sadly i couldn't find any spawn areas or starting points at all. These are important things in a map, you MUST place starting points, spawn areas and objectives. The objectives are there, but not inside the map. They were not even moved from their default position. While i understand the fun part of making a map is doing the map itself, you have to suffer through compatibilizing it for all game-types too. Another tip is to block of the gameplay area instead of just the back hallway.

Also, one of the bridges blocking the armory rooms of was on the floor, so people could easily run all the way through the back hallways and hide in the furthest corner. Weapon placement is also a must. Whilst many people like random weapons, a normal slayer game would be horrible on this map. AR fire all over the place, double beatdowns and dying without reason will definately happen. I saw a plasma turret placed, and it was placed pretty well (not stationary though, you'll have to rip it off for it to be useful). Place weapons on the map, block it off a little better and make it compatible for all gametypes and you're all set!

Oh, and i would suggest something aesthetic to remember the map by (anything that sticks out).

17. Ja Red is Ninja

Ja Red is Ninja Ancient

viper what the hell? I am going to check it out to see if he is lying.

#17 Ja Red is Ninja, Aug 12, 2008
  18. Awkward Silence

Awkward Silence Ancient

Soo.... how long did it take you to make this map? Five, ten minutes? Yeah, I read everything you said, but I don't think it's enough to convince me to bother to check it out. Especially with Viper's latest post. Sorry.
    You should get an infraction just for posting something as lazy as this.

#18 Awkward Silence, Aug 12, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2008
  19. A SouthPark Kid

A SouthPark Kid Ancient

Not really a competitive map, in other words its the JunkYard (you ptoblably spent 5 minutes on this). Bad map 1/5 no Dl sorry but its just a review.

20. ReleasetheMonk

ReleasetheMonk Ancient

Dangit. I had a map like this, but didn't continue it and deleted it. Dang it!