Glasglace

Discussion in 'Reach Competitive Maps' started by Bonschgo, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Bonschgo

Bonschgo Forerunner

NOTE: There is NO really problem with the framerate!
    We have playtested the map and there are only two places with a little dropdown when there is to much action. This places are not very important.
    There were maps in the Community Slayer playlist with a bigger framerate problem.

Hello Guys,
    I have forged another map called Glasglace
    Its a symmetrical map in the sky perfect for Objective and Slayer gametypes like: Slayer DMRs or CTF.
    The Map is build mostly out of Glas.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Weapons:
    6x DMR
    2x Needle Rifle
    1x Spiker
    1x Grenade Launcher (5 Spare Clips) 180 seconds
    [​IMG]
    2x Sniper Rifle (2 Spare Clips) 120 seconds
    [​IMG]
    1x Rocket Launcher (0 Spare Clips)180 seconds
    [​IMG]
    2x Plasma Pistol
    6x Plasma Granade
    4x Frag Granade
    4x Health Station

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Feedback please!

DOWNLOAD NOW

#1 Bonschgo, Apr 28, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2011
  2. raptororieon

raptororieon Forerunner

looks like a nice map but framerate may be a problem because of all the glass :/

3. Bonschgo

Bonschgo Forerunner

there are to places with a framerate dropdown when there is to much action but this 2 places are not so important

4. Soul Slasher

Soul Slasher Forerunner

This map looks pretty clean.. but I'm wondering how it plays. Most of the map is only two pathways, aside from the glass-room. And then there is obviously lag issues. It still looks like a good map, could be cool for 1v1/2v2.

5. Bonschgo

Bonschgo Forerunner

we have played a lots 4vs4 games and it plays good
    the lag issue isnt as big as everyone think.
    If you play slayer you should conroll the middle and the granade luncher but its hard to hold the mid so the oppenent have a good chance to fight back
    It plays much better with DMR Slayer

When you play CTF there are 3 ways to capture the flag this ways are nearly as long as the ways from zealot

#5 Bonschgo, Apr 28, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2011
  6. PinkishObject

PinkishObject Forerunner

this map looks interesting and nice, framerate or not it has potential to play well. Now my problems are that some of the pathways and doors are too low (my personal preference), I usually playing games run and rump in such a way you launch yourself forward, the sphere in the middle ass well as some other doorways will make jumping into the doorway impossible. again my preference but usually it is good to have a minimum of 2.00 units high because no one can hit that except maybe elites, i wouldn't know

7. Bronson 117

Bronson 117 Forerunner

I've always wanted to make a map focused around the glass objects. I don't think anything I would have done would have turned out as awesome as this. Nice job, I'll DL and see what the gameplay is like

8. Bonschgo

Bonschgo Forerunner

Thank you for your compliment
    I think I have nearly the same gameplay, but in my opinion there is more then enought space to jump around.
    Your right you cant jump into the door but in the middle you can use you jump gameplay really well because of the "second floor" you can jump up and down or run away and cunfuse you enemy.
    And the side where the sniper is located as well as the grenade luncher and the glastunnel which leads to the cannonmen have enought space to jump like a gummibear

9. Vanhansen

Vanhansen Forerunner

Damn, Its "Awe", wait for it, this map is cool because the end of the word is "some"!!

Still the Gamemode: "Slayer" is pretty cool on that map, especially the DMR's fight!

Tested with few Friends Online and i will keep this map.

Its should be have a place in the next Community Slayer Playlist.

cya

Vanhansen

10. Bonschgo

Bonschgo Forerunner

Thank you very much Van Hansen

[br][/br]
    Edited by merge:

#10 Bonschgo, May 17, 2011
    Last edited: May 17, 2011