giant robot

Discussion in 'Reach Aesthetic Maps' started by ericdragon19, Jun 9, 2011.

1. ericdragon19

ericdragon19 Forerunner

i made this map when my friend jake was trying to prove he can forge a good robot map. He failed but i was bored so i decided to see if i could make a good map. Which resulted in this [​IMG]

#1 ericdragon19, Jun 9, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2011
  2. Knight Of 0rder

Knight Of 0rder Forerunner

This is a sweet looking robot. I love the feet and the guns. You should try to forge a smaller aesthetic that can be used on a competitive map. I can't wait to see more of your forge creations.

#2 Knight Of 0rder, Jun 9, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2011
  3. timmy ted

timmy ted Forerunner

This. If you could make it playable that would be sweet. Inside, or on top.

4. Confused Flamingo

Confused Flamingo Forerunner

Holy ****. Taking a closer look, I was astounded by what I saw. The detail is great, especially on the legs. Although it's not playable, one can still enter the cockpit, an astounding feature for a forgeart map to have. Dld. Over and over again.

PS: I'll give you guys a nickle if you can jetpack from the starting platform ONTO the robot. It's hard, but accomplishable.

5. xSoGx Grim

xSoGx Grim Commander

Hey not bad at all. Interesting design, if I had a guess id say that you've played mech assault. What's done is done, but consider that a design of this proportion would require a more complex lower body. Feet like that would be inefficient due to weight stress. Thank god its forge though. Nicely done.

6. ericdragon19

ericdragon19 Forerunner

Thanks for the comment, i would have added more to the feet but due to an insufficient amount of budget i was unable to. I will take this into consideration next time i make an aesthetic map.
    P.S i have played mech assault, good guess

#6 ericdragon19, Jun 12, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2011
  7. Specter59

Specter59 Ancient

Wow...just...wow.

I've always been a big fan of mechs. I grew up playing Mechwarrior 2 and have been a fan of the Battletech series my whole life. I always admired the raw power the mech seemed to exemplify and my friend you have nailed it. The detail is astounding and, to put it simply, this thing just looks cool. Very good work. I'd love to see more great designs like this.

8. Silentraine

Silentraine Forerunner

This looks pretty amazing I like the detail youve added for the weapons especially. I love how much detail youve brought over from the original concept of the Timberwolf. I also grew up playing Mechwarrior 2 and the ongoing series so its nice to see someone actually bring over something so neat from the series :) you did a great job on this props.

9. D4rK Dr1gg3r HX

D4rK Dr1gg3r HX Forerunner

Reminds me of the MadCat Mech from MechWarrior o.o epic detail