Sandbox GHRA Drag Racing

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Race Maps' started by CeA II MiNsTrEl, Apr 25, 2009.

1. CeA II MiNsTrEl

CeA II MiNsTrEl Ancient

Grunt hot rod association map.
    heres a few pictures of it,tell me if youse want it on fileshare .:)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    thx :)

2. ToxikPandaKoi

ToxikPandaKoi Ancient

I think the map is very cool and original. Except That the grav lift spawning may make it so it takes less skill and reflexes because it auto launches you. 3/5

3. Ix Unseen xl

Ix Unseen xl Ancient

I would say this isn't very original actually, seeing as a lot of people try to make drag races. A good start would have them maybe in the sky bubble and have a peice missing so if they go, they die, then at 10-30 seconds the peice spawns. 2/5

4. Plasma Napkin

Plasma Napkin Ancient

Since this is only a preview of a map, it should be posted in forge discussions, or add a download link.
    Oh, and about the map. Do what the other guys said, and add a finish line.

5. CeA II MiNsTrEl

CeA II MiNsTrEl Ancient

This would make it more of a race track, you dont have turns in a drag race, just a straight.

There is a very clear finish line at the end of the track, which is why i put it there..

http://www.bungie.net/Online/Halo3UserContentDetails.aspx?h3fileid=75905680

I have also taken the Grav lifts out.

6. X taco king X

X taco king X Ancient

Just wondering why the ready, set, go lights are crooked? maybe thats how they are in drag racing because i dont watch.

7. CeA II MiNsTrEl

CeA II MiNsTrEl Ancient

naa they're not, i had trouble getting them straight, but I thought meh, if they can see them then its fine, did you like the map?

8. Drummerguy360

Drummerguy360 Ancient

It seems like a decent idea, but with an idea like this, it requires you to add some pretty amazing aesthetics, otherwise it seems like a plain old map that I probably could have made when I first bought Halo, and the maps I made then were absolutely horribly put together. I'm not saying this is a bad idea, you just executed it wrong, but it's a common thing. If this is one of your first maps, don't worry about it. Start looking at "REAL" maps, whether it's Utah Mambo or Monster Trucks. Look at how they are put together and look at Forging 101. That should give you a good start.