Ghostbusters

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Mini Game Maps' started by Gravedigger5454, May 23, 2008.

1. Gravedigger5454

Gravedigger5454 Ancient

Who you gonna call?

[​IMG]

Ghost Busters is a unique minigame that tests your driving skills, accuracy, and ability to work well as a team. To score points, you need at least one person on your team alive and in a ghost.

[​IMG]

If someone on your team is alive and in a ghost, your teams score will go up. At beginning of each round, one team is given all the ghosts. The round ends after a little while, or once everyone who is a ghost is killed. To prevent the team in ghosts from scoring points, the other team needs to use teamwork and accuracy to kill the ghosts from their cage.

[​IMG]

This team is equipped with battle rifles at the start, and many other weapons become available to them overtime if they're not to good at hitting moving targets. These include, an assault rifle, sniper rifle, plasma pistols, a spartan laser, and eventually a temporary instant kill powerup, for those that just can't seem to get a headshot. While in the cage, it's important that you really do coordinate with your team who/where your going to be shooting, otherwise it's very difficult to actually kill the ghosts.

[​IMG]

While in the ghosts, you also need to coordinate where to go, and drive well. If you run into something, you'll stop for a second, and be much easier to hit. If this is a team mate, you may actually kill them on accident. Over time, many different traps and obstacles will be added to the game that makes being on a ghost a little harder. When the roadblocks, it is a good idea to carefully destroy them, so they don't get in your way. Later, you'll get obstacles that are harder to move, or eventually impossible when the doors come, and some fusion (stay away, they explode). Note that there is a little cage in the center of the map, directly below the shooting cage, this is the best spot to be to avoid fire, however, it's also a trap, since shooting causes a large fire. Note that jumping out of your ghost to make yourself easier to kill, is generally not a good thing to do, especially over the middle.

The map can be played as a more competitive map using the Ghostly Hill KOTH game variant, or as a casual map using the The Dead Walk game variant. Depending on which mode you play, different obstacles will spawn on the bottom of the map. All screenshots are from a game of Ghostly Hill. The game is team based in Ghostly Hill, are points are scored for surviving as a ghost. In The Dead Walk everyone but one person spawns as a ghost, and as they are killed, they join that person up in the cage. To get points, you need to get kills as a zombie, or become last man standing as a human. Trying to survive as the last man standing in a 16 player match is epic.

The map supports up to 16 players, but plays best with 6-12.

Thanks to Swordscar for thinking of a better name for the map.

[​IMG]

Download Ghostly Hill Game Variant

Download The Dead Walk Game Variant

Download Ghostbusters Map

#1 Gravedigger5454, May 23, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2008
  2. hiddenninja17

hiddenninja17 Ancient

looks like a blast

3. FrenchToastForge

Banned

Wow, this map looks like a crazy amount of fun. Its good to see the mods and such coming up with great minigames......eg: Matty, Cosmic Rick, etc.
    I will definitely DL this map for a couple hours of fun. Great job!

4. BarkusTheMan 1

BarkusTheMan 1 Ancient

this looks like a very fun minigame people have been making a lot of minigames lately and they have all been good including this one. looks very fun.

5. SlasheI2

SlasheI2 Ancient

this looks really fun to play on, though since it means that you need teamwork, my retarded friends will probably betray me lol. But i guess if you have reliable teammates then it would be a blast!

6. ShadowLuigi147

ShadowLuigi147 Ancient

This looks really fun. The first screenshot looked like "On an Open Fire."

7. Gravedigger5454

Gravedigger5454 Ancient

Thanks

You can't hurt your team mates. However, if you don't work with your team while your on a ghost, you'll get killed very easily, and if you don't work with your team when your shooting the ghosts, it'll be really hard to actually get a kill.

8. marquis madness

marquis madness Ancient

I just love a good minigame map and this seems to be highly original and very well built.
    5/5, and I will definately download!

9. OddWorld17

OddWorld17 Ancient

wow thast very interesting on how u designed that great work
    Peace

You know that you are a Christian and forge too much when your friend says "May the forge be with you" and you reply "And also with you" :cool:

Marquis madness that is so true lol Peace

#9 OddWorld17, May 29, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2008
  10. Gravedigger5454

Gravedigger5454 Ancient

Thanks, Marquis madness for posting in this, it was pretty far down the forums, and to Oddworld, for the comment. Please note that you can't double post though, I know it says you joined very recently, but double posting will get you an infraction if you do it again.

11. HumBoys

HumBoys Ancient

Looks fun, but is it possible to be in the arena and not in a ghost? I can think of a very simple fix to that dillemma.

12. SwordScar

SwordScar Ancient

I don't know if someone already said this, but for comical value, you should of named it "Ghost Busters!"

13. sam007halo23

sam007halo23 Ancient

looks cool
    might give it a blast

14. brendanxboy

brendanxboy Ancient

wow,just wow,amazing,just one question,what did the name used to be?

15. Gravedigger5454

Gravedigger5454 Ancient

There is now a new version with two different possible setups and playable game modes. Plus, it fixes all problems with the last version and makes the game more exciting.

It's possible, but you'll move slow, so you have little chance of surviving. In the infection version, you can also get an active camo, to try to survive on foot, and then your still a "ghost."

It used to be called "Ghosts on the Run"

No, but that's a good idea, it's changed now because I updated it a lot.

16. Albino Dave

Albino Dave Ancient

When I read your title I had a heart attack thinking that someone had already made a Ghostbusters map in referring to the movie, which I'm in the process of making (not that I'm claiming it as my idea), but then I just found out its a Ghost (as in vehicle) level.

Anyway, the map looks good. I like how the center is a fence box and you can see explosions down below. So yeah. I'll try it out

17. sexy dude

sexy dude Ancient

this is ma well cool map i think that this is totally different from most minigames and my fav bit is the explosion in the fence wall well done

18. CaMOfo

CaMOfo Ancient

This looks like you put a lot of time into this game and it kind of looks like Teamwurks Areana but with ghosts and one team is trying to survive other then killing. I was accually thinking about making a mini game named Ghostbuster, but the game would be totally different considering mine would be like the movie.

19. Dark Ace 719

Dark Ace 719 Ancient

looks cool im downloading

20. xSharpshooter94

xSharpshooter94 Ancient

ahahhhahahahahahahahahahaha wow looks great and the asthetics are great, of course and the gameplay looks great, really annoying and fun , but great. 5/5 lol once again