Ghost Ship

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Aesthetic Maps' started by thegreenrobocop, Aug 11, 2008.

1. thegreenrobocop

thegreenrobocop Ancient

This is an actual ship on foundry

A long time ago, the pirate zombies had a Ghost Ship. During the war, almost all the pirates were exterminated and their ship was taken. Now the zombie captain wants his ship back......

The ship is making a routine journey back to port. F ive minutes until the ship reaches its destination. From the nearby cliffs the pirates are planning their assault. Survive for until you reach port and you will live. But you must hold back the onslaught.

Features of the ship:
    Hull
    Crows Nest
    Sail
    Plank
    Storage
    Navigation Room
    etc.

There are three ways for pirates to get onto the ship, the man-cannon from the cliffs, the gravlift from the sea and the hole in the back of the hull. If you defend these three places you might stand a chance.

Weapons:
    SMG x2
    Flamethrower x1
    Mauler x1
    Needler x1
    Sniper Rifle x1
    Firebomb x8

Whichever team works best together will win. United we stand, divided we fall.

Here is the gametype Pirate Zombies

[​IMG]
    It is an infection map primarily, but as you can see it looks quite well too.
    [​IMG]
    it took a long while to make and I havent seen anything else like it in forge.

The gametype is linked to the bungie.net page where the DOWNLOAD LINK is.
    [​IMG]
    A long description is also included in the above link.
    thank you for looking,
    thegreenrobocop

Edit:I tried what you said, HLG Viper, but they have stayed the same. Any other way to get them big?

#1 thegreenrobocop, Aug 11, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2008
  2. HLG Viper

HLG Viper Ancient

From what i can see from the pictures, it looks absolutely awesome. These are the tiniest pictures ever though, if you are using photobucket, copy the lowest code that has [​IMG]

3. Duckyz

Duckyz Ancient

i cant see it at all in the pics

4. version2

version2 Ancient

yeah tiny pictures.

5. Paulie Walnuttz

Paulie Walnuttz Ancient

hey, theres no dlownload link, please add one.

6. PingPongLegend

PingPongLegend Ancient

from what i can tell it looks pretty legit and well done
    i have seen a couple ships but i like the water element in this one
    4/5

7. stone0043

stone0043 Ancient

i think you just posted the tab and not the actual pictures.

8. Bloumbas

Bloumbas Ancient

make your pics biggger, but from the little i cann see it looks really cool, so good job, i cant really tell you about the layout, bevause its so small, but the actual shape of the boat looks good.

9. sexy dude

sexy dude Ancient

Okay this is a good map but it has been done before also what do you use photo shack or the photo bucket i normally use photo shack if you do when you host it you then click on the picture and then copy that pic

10. M.Jelleh

M.Jelleh Ancient

For gods sake, stop posting about pictures please. I suggest that you get your pics on bungie.net, press the big plus to make them hi def, upload those to photobucket.com, use the IMG code and copy that in your post. Now please stop posting about pictures!!!!

11. HLG Viper

HLG Viper Ancient

There IS a download link. Right above the last picture, caps locked. It says "DOWNLOAD LINK". cheesh.

From my forge-through, i noticed that it didn't look as sweet as i thought. The design is phenomenal, but a high amount of interlocking is needed for such a thing to work. Random walls lying in weird angles, fencewalls that you just put there on the ground. There is some interlocking on the hull, but that's it. This is a must for an aesthetic map such as this one. There are some holes, but most of them are blocked by graflifts. There's on giant hole in the back bottom of the baot, was that intentional? Also, the bridges with turrets on are also lazily put down on top of eachother. It is extremely bumpy. To judge by the sloppiness, you didn't spend much time on it and wanted to release it as quickly as possible, but that's no excuse. 2/5 for the majestic but sloppy ghost ship.

#11 HLG Viper, Aug 11, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2008
  12. ZOMG

ZOMG Ancient

Fix the pics to make them bigger but from what I see it looks like a really good ship. 5/5

13. xSharpshooter94

xSharpshooter94 Ancient

a bit of cleaning up and this could be a really good map. just make everything neat and straight

14. Pennywiez

Pennywiez Ancient

although there are already many pirate ship maps out there i like it how you made the waves around the ship good job and same with the sail

15. Murdock Sampson

Murdock Sampson Ancient

holy hell thats awesome. i mean look at the freaking sail. it curves. this is really impressive. nice job. good to see you got it all together.

16. thegreenrobocop

thegreenrobocop Ancient

Im glad you brought up those points, though i think your being harsh. This project was on a massive scale, it goes right up to the roof. I agree there are 'bumps' but due to the distinctly odd shape of the shape it made it incredibly difficult to iron out all flaws. That hole in the bach is intentional by the way.
    To say i didnt spend too much time on it though, i find it insulting. I started and restarted the design many times and it took at lest 20, if not 25 hours. I would love to have more walls to finish it off the way i wanted to. Your main problem was with the imperfect bridges and thatfence wall, yet they take 3 marks away. surely what i have done well and right makes it worth more than that.

#16 thegreenrobocop, Aug 12, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2008
  17. sgt.pepper

sgt.pepper Ancient

loooks freakin sweet i like the concept and it looks really cool i like the sail a lot too

18. thegreenrobocop

thegreenrobocop Ancient

Yeah, im what you could call a concept forger. I can only forge if i have a solid idea in the back of my head. I cant force myself to come up with map ideas

19. Bobguy13

Bobguy13 Ancient

Awesome pirate ship. I've never seen one that didnt cut off onto the floor until now. You might wanna change the name of the map, though. Ghost Ship is already a map.

20. EGP

EGP Ancient

Hmm the water is pretty cool I like the interlocking. I would suggest adding better sails.