Ghost Merging

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by LIGHTSOUT225, Dec 18, 2009.

1. FryTheSly

FryTheSly Ancient

if you were to have read my post it would have said "i find this way easyer" or somethin like that. so know that you may not have to but for me, when i forge, that is the only way i can do it :)

not trying to sound rude or anything at all

2. uF HaVoK

uF HaVoK Ancient

UGH..

i used to dummy the items with mancannons.. kinda long, but it works too

3. TheReaper9456

TheReaper9456 Ancient

I already knew this :p...yet i don't use it because i think its cheap and lazy

4. Citatus Nim Totren

Citatus Nim Totren Forerunner

It doesn't work on my game. How can I tell if my game is glitched or not?

EDIT: The part that doesn't work is that the object after setting run time min to max doesn't appear. I'm holding the object right now, and I followed all steps, and it fails. This is on the disc Halo 3 Mythic.

#24 Citatus Nim Totren, Dec 21, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2009
  5. CzIz

CzIz Forerunner

I am trying to get under the map as described in the Counter Merging tutorial and every single time i do it and get under the map i die (this is on sandbox main tier). Any tips?

Btw, im not doing this to actually counter merge, im doing it in orde to delete an object that randomly passed through the ground to the other side of the barrier as i was holding it and stupidly i dropped it instead of deleting it or trying to pull it back through. I wouldnt normally be that bothered but im tight for objects and cash, and it definitely still exists as an object on the map as my budget and object limit did not go back up as it disappeared.

it was a strange glitch and if i work out how i actually did it (although it was by accident) it would be a new and much easier way to countermerge/geomerge, so im now trying to do it on purpose :D.

Edit: GREAT.. i just did it again trying to work out how i did it, and it isnt a great new way of geomerging coz once i have it merged with the ground and let go it just stutters and carries on passing through the ground. (But basically I just pressed lb+rb+lt+rt all at the same time and pushed it forward/down with the left stick)

#25 CzIz, Dec 22, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2009
  6. Agent J

Agent J Forerunner

Um, I hav a problem with this. I go to move the double boxes with another double box but they won't budge. What gives?

7. spectraltravis

spectraltravis Ancient

hey when i completed my map the boxes were raised higher for some reason and it completely messed it up why did it do this and how can i fix it

8. Black Theorem

Black Theorem Ancient
    Forge Critic Senior Member

The teardrop on the item is outside the map, or geomerged. You need to Ghost Mege while keeping the teardrop within the confines of the map.

You didn't dummy the objects properly. Keep trying with up + A at the same time while in monitor mode, and when you do it at the exact right time, the objects will move when pushed by another object.

9. Blue Pariot

Blue Pariot Ancient

Just to add to this; don't expect to do it right on your first try. It takes a lot of practice to get the timing just right.

10. Ladnil

Ladnil Ancient

Up+X is a much better way to do it and except for counter-merging, there's no reason not to use up+X instead of up+A.

When you use up+X you know immediately if you did it right because if you got the item list and can see your gun in Spartan mode you did it. Up+A you have to look at your grenades and see if they switched or place additional man cannons to test movement or some bullshit like that, where up+X is exactly the same difficulty, but eighty-four thousand-one-hundred-and-thirty-nine times easier to tell if you did it right.

If you're a Spartan and not a monitor and you've got the item list visible you did it right. Any and all other possibilities and you did it wrong.

11. Jex Yoyo

Jex Yoyo POETRY, bitch.

Wow this is finally done. I'm crying tears of joy :). And it's pretty clear and easy to understand. This is a superb job my friends. And more helpful than the random collection of spam that I made... I reccomend the second version of dummying btw. It's faster and easier.

God Im typing on my new iphone. Pain in the @ss.

12. Agent J

Agent J Forerunner

I know that I am dummying it right because I use the up+x way.

13. sgtelzilcho

sgtelzilcho Ancient

#33 sgtelzilcho, Dec 27, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2009
  14. PsychoBucket

PsychoBucket Ancient

[bungievid]103376852[/bungievid]

Notice that there was a new round started at the beginning of this video - You normally would have to dummy 1 of each object and set it to respawn:Never

#34 PsychoBucket, Dec 29, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2009
  15. sgtelzilcho

sgtelzilcho Ancient

Care to tell us how you did that?

16. Panncakez

Panncakez Forerunner

Indeed. That looks even MORE helpful than ghost merging already is; you cut the time to ghost merge one object in half. This could seriously help in any future maps I make, or anyone could make, for that matter.

17. LIGHTSOUT225

I'm thinking he built a canvas of pre dummied objects. Which has been tested and isn't actually effective in the long run at all, because it only works for half of each objects maximum, at which point you lose the ability to placethat object again

18. RedNeck

RedNeck Ancient

Make sure you're pressing X ever so slightly before you press up, and if the object moves then try again.

19. PsychoBucket

PsychoBucket Ancient

I will post it when I get a better video.

Do you mean you can't ghost merge it anymore or that the object becomes greyed out(cant spawn anymore)?

20. SMP

SMP Forerunner

i use the up+A method and it works fine, sometimes it just might take a couple tries if you're not doing it right, and it's not a problem if you move it. also to tell if you dummied it right, you will either jump or move the object if you did it wrong, if you've done neither of these then the object is dummied.

also to duplicate the object by setting the minimum, just change the run-time minimum equal to that of the "objects on map" count, and it will work everytime (because sometimes people will change the maximum of the objects and wonder why it wont work.