Sandbox Ghost Battles V2.1

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Casual Maps' started by Billt Joe, Jul 7, 2009.

1. Billt Joe

Billt Joe Ancient

Ghost Battles V2.1
    Created by Billt Joe

link to V2

Supported Gametypes:
    "Ghost Battling" ->(team slayer)

Changes from V2

* improved aesthetics to the bases
    * Shrunk the area of the arena so the bases are not edging up against any hills
    * added "cannon, mans" to the...err *cough* excuse me, "man cannons" (I'm lookin' at you Bungie) to the ramps to reduce camping
    * added pillars in the arena to have some stuff to bump into

Map Description
    The point of Ghost Battles is to ram into your opponents. You can do this simply by ramming into them head on and hope it kills them, attempt to tip them over and splatter them, or use the killballs.

This map is for two teams and 2-8 players. The teams spawn inside their base pyramid with a ramp to get out into the arena to bash the enemy. The arena has much open space so you can easily move throughout. Pillars are also there to get in your way along with two killballs on the left and right side of each base to throw any opposition into.

Players start with assault rifles and infinite ammo. Now this just for kicks&giggles because weapon damage is set to "0". This also applies to shooting with the ghosts so all you can do is ram. Health is normal, gravity is normal,...you know what I'll just say everything else is as normal as spongebob going to defragment his hard drive. :)

Head-on smash
    [​IMG]

Entering the arena
    [​IMG]

In you go!
    [​IMG]

Rammed him good.
    [​IMG]

A little action...
    [​IMG]

view of the arena
    [​IMG]

bird's view of the red base
    [​IMG]

close view of blue base
    [​IMG]

The arena
    [​IMG]

Have some fun, hurt your friends (only in Halo that is), and play Ghost Battles!
    Thanks for putting up with me guys :)

Download Ghost Battles
    Download Ghost Battling

#1 Billt Joe, Jul 7, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2009
  2. PhantomBishop

PhantomBishop Ancient

Wow... This map looks great! I haven't seen a lot of these "battle" type maps recently. It was a very simple concept which you perfected. I really like the pyramid... it adds astechally to the map. Congrats on a good map my friend.

#2 PhantomBishop, Jul 7, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2009
  3. l PATRICK l

l PATRICK l Ancient

ha i like the layout of the map, espicially the pyramid in the background. I would suggest add timed objects to appear after the game starts to create chaos and utter confusion. good map 5/5

4. Billt Joe

Billt Joe Ancient

wow! thanks for the 5 stars!

I am also working on a FFA version and I will add it to this post when it is finished.