Get Recon armor with Halo 3: Recon

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Jimbodawg, Nov 12, 2008.

1. Mastar

Mastar Ancient

For people who already have recon, the novelty would worn off by the time Halo 3 recon is realeased.. I doubt they will mind that much. Besides, halo 3 will probably be alot less popular by the time H3Recon is released.. So yeah idk.

I will probably end up getting it. I played H1 2 & 3, I have to finish the legacy :p

2. TheDarkKnight05

TheDarkKnight05 Ancient

this information is true.

Check this out

November 12, 2008

Halo 3: Recon info in new GI
    The December 2008 issue of Game Informer has a cover story on Halo 3: Recon - and it's a doozy. It doesn't contain any new screenshots, but there's quite a bit of concept art, and there's a lot of description of how the game is going to work. There are some very interesting tidbits included:

Paul Bertone describes the scope of H3:R as "a three to five-hour expansion pack"
    Recon Armor will be earnable for all - complete the Vidmaster Challenge series of achievements and it's yours
    Bungie's Joe Staten says "we do not view this as a $60 title"
    The cover art is spectacular, and has been whipped up by Bungie newcomer Jaime Jones (google him - I found this gallery of pretty amazing stuff)

Source

Urk from Bungie Confirmed.

3. Juggernaut

Juggernaut Ancient

I'm still going to buy it. Hopefully people will get it because it's Halo and not just because you can earn Recon by doing the challenges. Although I hope they make those challenges very hard so it's almost impossible to earn it, but knowing Bungie, they wont. Also, who's to say they won't make a new armor to hand out to specific people? We all know they can do it for H3: Recon, so don't tell me they can't.

4. Rebelic Sins

Rebelic Sins Ancient

When I saw the trailer, I said I was going to buy it. But now that I see Bungie is pulling something like this, I don't think I want it. I'll probably buy it anyway, but I'd feel guilty if I wore the recon. I don't even think I'll try for the achievements (even though I'm an achievement ***** haha)

5. thesilencebroken

thesilencebroken Jill Sandwich

People who've earned recon didnt go through some tramatic experience. They got to have it for a good long time, and this will finally end the bullshit all the little kids do. No more account hacking, no more recon screenshots and DEFINATELY alot less retard mail to bungie.

great move in my opinion.

They clearly said the game wont be $60. Learn to read. Ill have this **** pre-ordered.

6. BunN eeE

BunN eeE Ancient

Well see if they make Recon so easily accessible in the game, no longer will it be so prized. Many people dream, and treasure it because of its rarity, not looks. So this armor will no longer be awesome, all the noobs are going to be going crazy about it...

I'm still going to stick with the Mark VI, its the best. And I can't wait for the new campaign to come out, and the map pack!

7. Thorax tehGREAT

Thorax tehGREAT Ancient

I think that is a bad move. Once everyone has something its nothing special its worthless. Unless bungie for some reason makes the vid master so incredably hard that you have to some freak to get it. And soon it will be so common place. Remeber when people first got the katana. It was so cool now everyone has it seems like.

8. KB

KB Ancient

First Bungie gets people to buy their new maps with the bribary of achievements, now they are selling Recon?

I admit if you want Recon its worth is but for the people who earned it that would suck major balls. It pretty much demoralizes the whole do good and prosper in a sense. I was planning on getting this game even without Recon but when I do ge my Recon, I most likely won't wear it. It will become just as standard as the Hayabusa which is very disappointing.

9. TDH

TDH Ancient

Well that kills the whole value of recon, oh well... good move Bungie.

10. The Hudacris

The Hudacris Ancient

That is the worst idea bungie has ever had. I cant believe that they would do something so unoriginal and stupid. It would be better if the vidmasters had something better for the prize. What happens to all of the people with recon now? Do they get something better or what?

11. Silent oo death

Silent oo death Ancient

the armour is not going to be rare anymore so there will be no point in worshiping it anymore

12. EpicFishFingers

EpicFishFingers Ancient

Good deal. It will keep the obsessives happy, I guess. It might ruin the armour, though. I think you should have to get the Mythic map achievements too, though. Just to make it tricky.

And to stop cheating, Bungie should block MM in China (to stop the language filter trick). Because of China's console ban and consequent lack of XBL, Cgina's Halo 3 MM should be pulled. It's only used for cheating.

13. Erisnas

Erisnas Ancient

While I can see the point of people not wanting to easily get recon I can see why bungie may be doing it. After Halo 3 is no longer one of the top games, several platforms later, people would eventually ever be able to get Recon. At least in this way people could get it. Now, this does seem to be a little early for that though. Therefore, there might be an achievement needed for the armor that will not be released until a later date. I do enjoy the idea though, especially since recon is going to be pretty much campaign making it more oriented toward Halo fans than the normal gamer. Too bad they didn't decide that you could get recon by having all the halo games (Halo 1, 2, 3, Recon, Halo Wars) and completing all achievements after a certain date.

14. Mero90

Mero90 Ancient

I can only see this going horribly wrong, recon will become the next hayabusa.

15. DMM White

DMM White Ancient

"World exclusive details straight from Bungie" ? Yet we get the info from Game Informer... kind of defeats claim of "straight from Bungie", doesn't it.

I wouldn't say no if Recon was offered to me but selling it to the masses makes having Recon pointless, its awesome to have because so few people have it! I'm waiting for Bungies Weekly Update, I want to know for certain that this is true.

Oh, I played against someone with Recon yesterday. More than a year of playing Halo 3 and I have seen 1 person with Recon, 1.

16. Wraith

Wraith Ancient

The only thing that would hold back most people from probably getting Recon is the Annual Achievement. Unless the Skulls on the Mythic map pack are a f'in pain, even though they probably won't because of Forge Mode, unless they don't appear in Forge Mode...

For starters, half of all people who play H3 don't have a fast enough connection for Campaign. Second, you need Four XBL buddies to play with, and since Gears 2 is out, that would be hard as well. Third, Annual is hard anyway. Fourth, gotta have the Iron Skull, but that's easy. Five, you gotta know where the Ghosts are at.

Recon will lose luster, but not much, if any.