Sandbox Get off!! Your on Da Geeza's Lawn

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Mini Game Maps' started by RisingRemains, May 2, 2009.

1. RisingRemains

RisingRemains Ancient

[​IMG]

Da Geeza's Lawn
    Created By RisingRemains

Recommended Gametypes: Get Off!! Your (ONLY GAMETYPE)
    Recommended Number Of Players: 6+

[​IMG]

Story -

The Old Geezer was tired of you kids playing with your mongooses on his perfect grassy lawn. The kids have been told, many, many, many times, to stop going on his lawn. But for the 57th time, he's not going to warn you anymore. He prepared for the kids next arrival.
    Explosive Energy Pills + A Golf Club = Kid Slaughtering.

How the game is played -

Old Geezer spawns in a box. Old Geezer picks up a automatic custompowerup that is placed on his spawn. The custom powerup gives the old geezer slow movement for 10 seconds. After those 10 seconds, the pills start to activate. And he gets released.

As for the kids, the kids spawn on Da Geezer's Lawn. They have 10 seconds to get on there mongoose and to get of the Geezer's lawn. If your Last Man/Kid Standing you get TWO points.

The point of the game for the kids is too run away from the Geezer, and try to survive the whole round to get two points.

As for the Old Geezer/Zombie, he needs to kill the kids before the pills where out (3 minutes)

Man Cannons, and obstacles are set on the map too help the kids to survive the game. But some of the obstacles aren't there too help.

Stats

Custom Powerup (only picked up by oldman when spawned)

25% Movement

Old Geezer/Zombie
    Invulnerable
    200% Movement
    100%Gravity
    50%Damage
    Waypoint on ALWAYS

Kids/Humans
    90%Movement
    100%Gravity
    Shield Recharge Rate 200% (FASTER)

Pictures and Description

Geezer's/Zombie's POV/START OUT

This is the Geezer's/Zombies start out box, where the Geezer picks up a custom powerup at spawn. Which gives the Geezer Slow Movement for 10 seconds.

[​IMG]

The Geezer's Point of view in spawn. Geezer has to pick up the Golf Club, and go through the teleporter to start the Kid Slaughtering

[​IMG]

Kids/Humans POV/STARTOUT

The Kid's spawn on the geezer's lawn. Safe from the old geezer for a short 10 seconds. Once the Geezer gets out his house. He begins his kid slaughtering. Get on your mongoose and DRIVEE!

[​IMG]

How The Game Changes While Playing.

Game started, free 10 seconds to get on your goose, and DRIVE.

[​IMG]

After 10 seconds, get's dark, and Da Old Geezer gets out.

[​IMG]

After 30 seconds, barricades start to spawn all over the map, try avoiding these of you'll get caught up on them.

[​IMG]

After 45 seconds, Radio Attenas with Fusion Coils on top spawn. If you accidently run into these, and the fusion coils drop, it CAN kill you. It is fatal, so watch out.

[​IMG]

In 60 seconds, Stone Platforms spawn, becareful not to hit these when you get on a man cannon, cause if so, you could hit it, and it would cancel the man cannons throw.

[​IMG]

And after 90 seconds, Wall Quarters upside downs spawn. These will help the kids survive, when the old man is chasing you and you drive under these Wall Quarters, the old geezer will get stuck. But You Won't.

[​IMG]

Tips

Use Man Cannons to your advantages, man cannons can throw you across the map, making sure you escape from the Old Geezer. There's man cannons spread all over the map, so make good use to them, or get golf clubbed in the face.

[​IMG]

Thanks for viewing!

[​IMG]

Hope you find this game fun, please download it.

Download map "Da Geeza's Lawn"
    http://www.bungie.net/Online/Halo3UserContentDetails.aspx?h3fileid=76092827

Download gametype "Get off!! Your"
    http://www.bungie.net/Online/Halo3UserContentDetails.aspx?h3fileid=76092772

Video!

Want more footage of the map?
    Check out the video!

Link -
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iov2RdZRWUY

Thanks!

#1 RisingRemains, May 2, 2009
    Last edited: May 2, 2009
  2. Meltyourtv

Meltyourtv Ancient

Oh my God this looks awesome xD! Great idea. You could have done a lot more with the house aesthetic wise, though. I can't wait to play this with my friends xD.

3. RisingRemains

RisingRemains Ancient

Thanks! I would have, but it would either take more space of the map. And it's fun to have alot of space for goosin' ;D.

4. SVV33T SAUC3

SVV33T SAUC3 Ancient

Judging by the video, this looks like a lot of fun. This is a very good idea and you made it well too. I don't really have any problems with this map. It is really great. I think you should have made the rest of the map like a neighborhood. That would have been really sweet. Good job

5. Pandaman771

Pandaman771 Ancient

this map is very original i like it a lot it is just that you could of added some more aesthetics and neatin the map up a little bit

6. RisingRemains

RisingRemains Ancient

Thanks, I wish I could, but I couldn't cause, then there wouldn't be that much space for the kids to run around ;p.

7. Drummerguy360

Drummerguy360 Ancient

WOw tons of new original ideas starting to be put out there. I think this is an excellent idea for the map, and the aesthetics are also great (but could be improved.) Maybe some red and blue columns can be laid down around the walls. That would give a nice touch. Overall, though, the map is great. I hope you don't mind if I add some stuff for when I play with my friends. Thanks.

8. Garrettastic

Garrettastic Ancient

I love the map, but if you ask me the Geezer would rather have the starting sword than the golf club. Change the starting weapon to a Gravity Hammer?

9. RisingRemains

RisingRemains Ancient

Would you find it odd to see a old man with a gigantic hammer that shoots out gravity. [x

10. SquatingxDog7

SquatingxDog7 Ancient

very nice... i have made a map like this when foundry was released but it went bad because not enough space, but im extremly excited to play because theres enough space and the goosin is good. so u got my dl =D good job 5/5

11. tR Siickness

tR Siickness Ancient

Wow! What a great map, man! My friends and I were laughing non-stop for 10 minutes.

12. Hardly Hidden

Hardly Hidden Ancient

Wow, your definately getting a download from me. I will DL as soon as I finish editing this video. Original Idea, Cool video, Funny Backstory.

6/5

13. Mr. Skittles

Mr. Skittles Ancient

Wow, from the pictures and the description, I really want to play this :p It really reminds me of Tremors. But great aesthetics on the house, and great usage of Timed spawning of crap around the map to either provide cover or detriments for the Kids. Although I see the Kids get 2 points for becoming Last Man, how many points does killing a Kid get? Maybe you should have that as 1 point (if not), and have the Last Man get like, 3 or four points, to even it out. Because if you play this with a lot of people, then you have like maybe 13-16 points on the Old Man's hands, and being the Last Man gets you up there faster if you have more than two points.

That's all I saw that I felt was an issue. So great job in making this. I can't wait to play it when my Xbox finally comes back without the RRoD.

14. Triple96

Triple96 Ancient

Awsome map! so dling after this! Altho one thing I think u shud make inside of house a lil' bigger. And u said in an earlier reply that u want bigger gameplay, well u can keep the orignal house as it is and make the one that the geezer really spawn in on a different lvl of sandbox with teles leading to the place the house that u have now leads to. Just an idea dling now! :)

15. jonnypro50s

jonnypro50s Ancient

map is awsome would be good if u could of made house bigger but yeh good job 5/5

16. AgileDan92

AgileDan92 Ancient

I love the little cottage-like house. It looks very realistic. As for the gameplay, it looks really fun. Very original idea.

17. i J u K e y FTVV

very nice map, awsome and funny idea to soo yea u has my DL