::: Geomerging in Sandbox :::

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Jagged Furii, Jun 22, 2009.

1. Jagged Furii

Jagged Furii Ancient

Note: It won't let me put this in the forging bit, and if theirs another place, allow me to move it there.

Most people forge on Foundry, using doors to geomerge, but its pretty simple... the edges of doors can go into an object, and when you tap that other object with "A", it's like "Woh man, what the ****, I gotta get out of the way, and moves in any direction to get out of it.

When you have a door, an object and a wall, you brace the object your geomerging with nodes (I use fence walls, but yeah) and then you double tap "A" the object. The door has more influence over the wall, so the object goes into the wall.

Without doors in Sandbox, some people don't have the common sense to put two well known forging techniques together to work this out. It's where interlocking meets geomerging...

Interlock an object into another object, and double tap "A" one of them. It instantly acts like a door would. The door is just a quick way of doing it. So, you put an object on the ground, then you interlock another object just above it, then brace it, then double "A" it. Walla...

Just use common sense.

Jagged Furii

2. Dow

Dow Ancient

This is already well known and has been discussed many times. No need for the guide, but thank you for trying.

3. Rifte

Rifte Ancient

Lots of people already know about this, and it should also be put in the forge discussion thread. You should also consider putting in some pictures, because your guide is kind of hard to understand...