GammaStone

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Race Maps' started by smm2010, Aug 14, 2011.

1. smm2010

smm2010 Forerunner

[​IMG]

Creators: smm2010 & x DREAM 76 x

Track Name: GammaStone

Map Name: Sandbox

Gametypes Supported: RACETRACKS, Battle Snipes, Battle Lasers

Description:
    Yeah; I definitely know what you're thinking right now: "A Halo 3 racetrack? Why not Halo: Reach where the forge is much easier? Nobody plays Halo 3 anymore so you wasted your time making this map..."
    In all honesty it's not about that. I've become sick of the Reach forge (and my Reach disc stopped working for some time) so I wanted to come back to Halo 3 and forge a new racetrack. I feel that my sense of pride isn't as big in Reach due to the fact that it's way too easy to forge a map, so that's another reason why I came back to Halo 3. People spent a lot more time putting effort and creativity into their maps so I couldn't resist. I asked x DREAM 76 x to come along and do the aesthetics for the map, and he was excited to do so. This track intertwines within itself multiple times, containing banked waves, a spiral, two large banked turns and an elevator. We would like to thank the party for helping us test the map and make improvements. Comments and feedback are appreciated. Thanks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What inspired your creation?
    My Reach disc stopped working on my old xbox, so I decided to come back to Halo 3 and forge a Battle Tracks map. Another reason is a few of the old forgers from Halo 3 have more pride in their Halo 3 maps rather than Reach, due to the fact that the forge on Reach is way too easy and takes very little skill to forge a track.

How long did it take you to build this track?
    Around 40 hours in a two week timeframe. I wanted to make sure that every aspect of the map flowed well.

What aspect of the track took you the longest to make?
    The end of the track and the large banked turn made of Wall-T's. I was having a difficult time creating a reconnection from the end of the track to the start, so I decided to create a simple shield door elevator, which surprisingly does not alter the flow in any way. The large banked turn made of Wall-T's used to be a rolling hill, but I was running low on objects and I knew that I wouldn't be able to reconnect the track because the rolling hill was so big. the banked turn looks a lot better with the track rather than the rolling hill it used to be.

Download Here

2. ShaddoBlade

ShaddoBlade Fuzzy Little Man Peach

Great map. Although I was a bit skeptical about a Halo 3 map, this one definitely holds its own with the great tracks of old. It's very smooth, and the turns are dramatic enough to keep it exciting. Snipes and Lasers both played great. Lasers was surprisingly fun and the track layout gives people plenty of cover to gain some momentum. My only small complaint is the start being perpendicular to the track (never been a big fan of those), but it doesn't cause any problems with gameplay. Anyway, kudos to you and Dream for going back and making another stellar Halo 3 map. I'm looking forward to your next track, whether it be in H3 or Reach.

3. RRAAAAAWWWWWWWR

RRAAAAAWWWWWWWR Ancient

Really? Too easy? I'm sorry man but if you're going to let the fact that Bungie let everyone be decent at forge. Now it is up to what players come up with using the forge on Reach. It's a great way to inspire people to build new and exciting things.

Obviously with your disc issues it isn't possible to build on Reach but the fact you're not building on Reach because forge is 'too easy' makes me think you're just scared of the extra competition. This map, on Reach or Halo 3 would have been awesome.

If you never had disc issues I would have wanted to see this on Reach, not only would it have been a faster forge, but you could have started your next map if you choose too and gave me more to race on!

Hopefully you replace your disc and stop letting your pride get in the way of making these awesome maps on Reach.

4. Savage Tracks

Savage Tracks Forerunner

Dude, are you kidding me? Smm is one of the best, if not the best forger I know. Believe me kid, he is not scared to forge on Reach due to "competition". He also has many amazing maps on Reach that were built a long time ago. What he meant is, forging on Halo 3 is more of a challenge than Reach. That is what makes the good maps on Halo 3 so great. Simply because they take more work and skill to craft. I really think you are out of line talking about pride issues. Do some home work and come back when you get a clue. Also I don't know how schools work in England, but you have to pay more attention is class.

#4 Savage Tracks, Aug 20, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2011
  5. smm2010

smm2010 Forerunner

To me, forging isn't a competition. I enjoy forging maps in both Halo 3 and Reach and I could care less if I had so-called " competition."
    This track took me two weeks to forge in Halo 3. In Reach, it would have taken me three or four days. I would honestly like to see the new competition that came to Reach go to Halo 3 and forge a racetrack.