Game DVR - help plz

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Maximus IL, Feb 10, 2015.

1. Maximus IL

Maximus IL TCOJ

I don't know if I'm a complete moron, but I cannot figure out how to use the game DVR to record clips in MCC. No matter what I do, I get "Sorry, we can't record that" error message. Can someone who's successfully done it let me know what you did? I'm pulling my hair out trying to get it to work.

2. Stevo

Stevo Drunken Bantersaurus Rex
    Forge Critic Senior Member

As in using it from the Snap-In menu and having the extended 5 minute record?
    You may also want to try and exit your GameDVR application to restart it. That may be causing an issue if you don't always fully power off the Xbox One.
    Another issue might be that your MCC game isn't responding properly due to video input settings. Screen dimensions might be wrong, and the DVR might be picking up on this and the game might not.
    Have you tried recording direct from the DVR on other games, does this work?

3. Maximus IL

Maximus IL TCOJ

MCC is the only game I have. I've completely shut off power to the Xbox, unplugged the power supply for a minute, restarted Xbox . . . No luck.

4. a Chunk

a Chunk Blockout Artist
    Forge Critic Wiki Contributor Senior Member

Don't know if this is your issue, but the only time I get that message is when my internet connection is really bad.

5. Maximus IL

Maximus IL TCOJ

Connection is fine . . . But still doesn't work. I can't even figure out how to uninstall it to reinstall it. Do you have to uninstall the entire upload studio???

6. a Chunk

a Chunk Blockout Artist
    Forge Critic Wiki Contributor Senior Member

That's a good question. It's very possible that you'd have to uninstall Upload Studio.
    I'm not 100% sure on that, but it's worth a try if it's not working anyway.

7. Stevo

Stevo Drunken Bantersaurus Rex
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Game DVR is a separate App (I believe built in, like "Settings" and "Party") so it shouldn't have anything to do with Upload as these are optional installs for your Xbox.

1. Snap the Game DVR on the right of your screen and return to your home screen. Highlight the snap panel, and press "Start" (or whatever its called these days) and see if you can select the Quit option. This will mean the next time the DVR is opened, it is opened cleanly.

2. Try do a quick capture. Tap the Home+Home+X in quick succession, or say "Xbox Record that". If this actually records, you know your actual built in DVR is working and it's the app that isn't working. You'll likely need to speak with Xbox Support to rectify that and if it is a built-in app, they'll more than likely replace your console if it's still in its years warranty.

8. Maximus IL

Maximus IL TCOJ

I finally got it to work by resetting all preferences to factory defaults. Nothing else worked. Very strange.

Thanks for trying to help. Xbone software seems much more squirrelly than the 360.

Stevo likes this.