Frontier

Discussion in 'WIP - Works In Progress' started by Landderp, May 19, 2013.

1. Landderp

Landderp Forerunner

A new 2v2 map started earlier thismorning. . . been working on it all day. Just thought id post up some pics of what ive done thus far.
    A quick weapon breakdown:
    DMRx2
    BRx2
    LRx2
    Needlerx2
    CarbineX2
    Sniperx1
    ScatterShotx1
    Ghostx1(this is a maybe im not sure yet even though it played fine with it in early tests)
    So yea that that, Now for some pics![​IMG]
    Here We can see Center Scatter Shot. Also you see mid ground level as well as jumps from blue/red base.[​IMG]
    Here we see most of the outside of redbase Here there is a Lift to ground level Also 1 of DMR,BR,LR,CB,NDL spawn here like in blue base. Also to the right is my lovly Temp Spawns :D.[​IMG]
    Here we see bottom Red Base. This is where needler and Carbine spawn. Also when the pictures for blue base is up this is the area that differs.[​IMG]
    Here is Blue Base top view another lift to opposite side of red sides lift. Also Same Weapon spawns. [​IMG]
    Here we See blue bottom. See the difference from Red? Also there is multiple paths out at ground level like red side. Same weapon spawns.[​IMG]
    Here we See sniper tower. I highlighted it by accident <.< [​IMG]
    Here we have Ghost Spawn. Not really much to see here.[​IMG]
    And last but not least a top-down since i didn't do it at the start like a normal person.
    Now i feel is necessary to point out a couple things. First It is on the smallest forge island. Second No it is not finshed. Third. . .there is no third.Any way there is what i have after day one let me know what you guys think.

2. Hydrolysis

Hydrolysis Forerunner

I'm surprised that no one has commented on this. The map seems really cleanly forged. The layout seems simplistic and I think gameplay would be great; however, I have a few thoughts. The center of the map seems pretty open and exposed. While you have the center structure and trees, is it enough to break up the LoS and give players enough cover to justify venturing between bases? I would also predict that the ghost is overpowered...but other than that map seems solid.

-Hydro

3. Landderp

Landderp Forerunner

Hehe Thanks for the words Hydro. Its pretty tidy But your right the LoS is a *****. I havent really done much work on it since this post. But i think if i can find a way to rid the map of LoS and look good that the play would be awsome.

4. FaNeNL

FaNeNL Promethean

I've walked around the map with Landderp, and I got to say that it looks really nice! The map is builded so simple and it's also very small, but it looks like great and I think it is a really fun map to play on. Maybe the simplicity is one of the major reasons that it looks so good. I really recommend it to download it and take a look, if you want to play with a friend then this is the map for you! The only thing you need to fix are the respawn points but I know you will :p

5. Chronmeister

Chronmeister Blockhead
    Forge Critic Senior Member

This map would look alot better with the ground covered by coliseum walls and the perimeter closed in with either Rock 5 or Coliseum walls. Your base structures look really solid, but the rest of the map detracts from that.