Fronk

Discussion in 'Featured Maps' started by Pegasi, Dec 14, 2009.

?

What do you think of this map?

1. Not my style

7.3%
  2. Okay

1.0%
  3. Average

1.0%
  4. Good

12.5%
  5. Great

78.1%
  1. Pegasi

Pegasi Ancient

Fronk
    Created by: MetaWaddleDee

Recommended Players: 1
    Recommended Gametypes: Forge

"Is it a fish? Is it a whale? You decide."
    —Luke Smith​

You may have seen Fronk before when taking in the sea air of Longshore, but MetaWaddleDee has brought this ambiguous sea-dweller to life in a mighty tribute. Painstakingly recreated from the various images tucked away in Halo 3, this aesthetic masterpiece is not only an impressive recreation in itself, but also includes a really neat visual twist. From all angles but one, Fronk will look to one and all like a floating mass of, well, junk, but position yourself correctly and our aquatic friend will form in front of your eyes.

This has to be done in Forge mode, and you have to wait for certain objects to spawn and then delete others to create the illusion, but it's well worth the few seconds that it requires. You can find an explanation of the process in the original thread (linked below), and there are some nice additions available by switching the gametype mode from the Forge pause menu. The increased interactive nature of Fronk over your standard aesthetic creation makes it well worth the download, check out the link below and experience it for yourself.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Download Fronk

Original FH Thread

If you have any thoughts on this article, or the front page in general, that you would like to share with us then we invite you to post your opinions in the Front Page Feedback thread.

2. Phenomenal

Phenomenal Ancient

First Post
    I knew this would be the Feature!
    This map is flawless and the idea is extraordinary. Congratulations Meta, definitely deserved. :)
    BTW I have no idea how you would even think of this but I'm really glad that you did.

#2 Phenomenal, Dec 14, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2009
  3. PatchworkZombie

PatchworkZombie Forerunner

WHo?

Who has the patience to make a map like this?!

Damn this is good.

4. One iiNSANE Kid

One iiNSANE Kid Forerunner

This is hot.
    I think maps with layers are gunna be the new big thang.

5. Ac3Snip3r

Ac3Snip3r Ancient

I love this map, so creative and it looks exactly like the original except bigger and more bad-ass. Nice job Meta. Great aesthetic map, we don't see many of those featured here often.

6. Estmid

Estmid Ancient

Yeah, i saw this map in the aeshetic department and i thought while this map was painstakingly made, it was well worth the wait. Not quite sure i saw this as a feature though, but who am i to judge, congrats to the feature and all your sucess. =D

7. ShaddoBlade

ShaddoBlade Fuzzy Little Man Peach

When I first saw this, I wasn't that impressed. It's just a small replica of Fronk, I said. But then as I continued reading, I saw just how amazing it really is. I cannot imagine the time and effort it took to create this one of a kind masterpiece. Truly deserving of the feature. Congrats.

8. Paranoia UK

Paranoia UK Ancient

Very nice man, im guessing you used two controllers and one respawn point, always keeping one player on the rs point and floating the with the other? thats how i would do it

9. stoyben

stoyben Forerunner

original art is hard to come by on halo3... this is a very good map i love how you put it on something other then foundry or sandbox, nice to see an aesthetic map on the front page congratz.

10. AceOfSpades

AceOfSpades Talented
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Congrats Meta! You spent a long time on this.

I still can't believe I was the first one to get what it was the first try...

11. MetaWaddleDee

MetaWaddleDee Ancient

Featured!?!

But...but...wow, I got featured?!

so many variations I wanted to do to it! I need to work on a v2 right away!

12. Rifte

Rifte Ancient

Waddle didn't you tell me one time your one and only goal was to get a feature on Forge Hub? Maybe it was someone else.. congrats though, it's come a long way from the first time I saw it!

13. pinohkio

pinohkio Ancient

crypto showed me it, many sugested it, and finally here it is.
    congrats meta, you deserved it.

14. Vincent Torre

Vincent Torre Ancient

Just the fact that you had to color code all those boxes to blue shows what a massive endeavor this really was. Congrats on the feature, most well deserving aesthetic piece in a while.

15. Rorak Kuroda

Rorak Kuroda Up All Night
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Ha! Many speculated it, and here it is! Congrats to you, Meta. It is a very well-deserved feature.

And did I here something about a v2?

16. XxSpix

XxSpix Ancient

At first it looked kind of bland and easy, other than the whole Fronk theme, but looking at the sides and the layers, I was convinced otherwise. This looks like a beautiful recreation!

The pictures on the original thread made me gasp!

#16 XxSpix, Dec 14, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2009
  17. Shanon

Shanon Loves His Sex Fruits

Immensely creative and superbly executed.
    Congratz.

18. Organite

Organite Journalist

Congrats Meta, You've come a ways since the Left 4 Dead remake days.
    Mind you those were great as well.
    When this was still in preview I never would've guessed what it was but it turned out amazing.

19. Scobra

Scobra Ancient

Definitely worthy of the feature. I know how much effort was put into this and it most definitely deserves all the recognition its been getting.

20. Xang

Xang Ancient

I remember when this came out. I must've shown atleast 5 people this map because i was so amazed, i could really tell that this was gonna get featured. I also LOVE the hate...lol...