Framework

Discussion in 'Reach Competitive Maps' started by PandaKing, Oct 25, 2010.

1. PandaKing

PandaKing Forerunner

(V 1.2)

Framework is a medium symetrical map perfectly suited to slayer gametypes. It is circular in design an has four levles, with most of the combat taking place on the central two levels. All the levles can be navigated between easily, an the lower levle has two grav lifts which take you to the third level. Rockets spawn on the very top.
    [​IMG]
    The Top
    [​IMG]
    The Third level
    [​IMG]
    The Second level
    [​IMG]
    The Bottom Level

#1 PandaKing, Oct 25, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2010
  2. Explosive B0b

Explosive B0b Forerunner

Plays well on FFA. I only played this with 5 people and we still had lots of action on it.

3. Titmar

Titmar Le Mar du Teet

i thought the aesthetics looked great and thats what got me to DL.
    i ran the map on a casual game, and ran into this problem:

there REALLY needs to be a soft kill area on the very top of the map.
    the gameplay and flow of the map was starting to take form when suddenly,
    a few of us realized we could just walk right up to the top from our respawns.

the map quickly transformed into a battle for the top.
    I suggest not only putting a soft kill area on the top,
    but also angling soft kill area along the tunnel brace pieces so no one can scale those either.

4. Zenixlio

Zenixlio Forerunner

I thought that this was a great map by looks, but Ill have to download to see up close. Looks great for FFA though, so props for you :D.

5. Skyward Shoe

Skyward Shoe BTB Legend
    Forge Critic Senior Member

This map reminds me of the control room from Halo 2 where you fight Tarterus at the end. I have always wanted a map like this, but unfortunately I can't download it right now. Looks good!

6. PandaKing

PandaKing Forerunner

V 1.2 yay!

Really appreciate the feedback, considering i can only get limited time playing my maps personally (only a few of my friends are up to playing customs) some info on how you played would be good for improvements: when you say 'the top' you mean the entire dish? Also when you played did you find the man cannons that bring you straight up? And did you play Team of FFA?

Anyway, when i designed this i knew that the beams would be a calculated risk. when I played I did not encounter this problem, but I may place a soft kill barrier on the beams leading directly down from the dish for v2. Thank you again for feedback.

[br][/br]
    Edited by merge:

V 1.1
    Added barriers preventing people climbing from spawn all the way to the top. Now the only way up are the grav lifts. Also ajusted power weapon spawn times.

[br][/br]
    Edited by merge:

V 1.2 YAY

Minor ajustments to improve gameplay and minimise 'why the f*** did i fall of the edge' moments. Now it is impossible to scale the struts all the way to the top, and you can no longer accidently fall off the edge in the blue and red spawn tunnels.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

#6 PandaKing, Oct 28, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2010