Fracture

Discussion in 'WIP - Works In Progress' started by Hadokenchild, Apr 26, 2013.

1. Hadokenchild

Hadokenchild Ancient

Fracture has gone through a bit of an overhaul lately due to player feedback. Currently playable for Slayer (up to 6 teams of 2), Regicide, Oddball, KotH, CTF, and Extraction. It still needs testing, but it is very close to being ready for the public.

Overview: Before

[​IMG]

Overview: After

[​IMG]

Did I say "a bit of an overhaul"? I actually meant "completely redesigned". As you can see, she hardly looks like her former self. And so far, it has proven to be a GOOD thing. The terrain and elevations are now just as varied as the sight lines, which the original version sorely needed.

Current map weapons:
    4x BR
    2x Carbine
    2x AR
    1x Rocket Launcher - 150 sec, 1 clip
    1x Needler - 90 sec, 1 clip
    1x Sniper Rifle - 150 sec, 1 clip
    1x Overshield - 150 sec

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well, I hope Fracture has caught your eye. I will hopefully have it ready for release this weekend if all goes well during testing.

#1 Hadokenchild, Apr 26, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2013
  2. Elliot

Elliot BIOC
    Forge Critic Senior Member

I'm not really a fan of water used like this, but the structures look pretty awesome. You have pulled off the forerunner theme brilliantly.

3. Art of Sound

Art of Sound Promethean

Ermergerd! I'm Loving that Forerunner Structure in the Rock. Looks so.... so.. So Natural! :D

4. Aschur

Aschur Wubba lubba dub dub

Holy ballsweat, count me in for whenever you decide to test, definitely still like that forerunner tower.

5. Hadokenchild

Hadokenchild Ancient

Phase one testing went really well running one flag. Our lobby only had time for a single game, but it was a good one. The scenery has changed a bit since these pics were taken. I've added more rocks for LOS blockers here and there. I'm itching for another go asap! Anyone who wants to get in on this I'm hoping to get something going Monday/Tuesday night. Hit me up here if you're interested!

6. Aschur

yeah man, I loved it when we played last, though I wish I got to use the banshee. I'd definitely be willing to help in any future tests.

7. Hadokenchild

Hadokenchild Ancient

Yeah, I know what you mean. Squeak kept trying to splatter people and, as a result, the Banshee got wrecked real quick :D
    I may take out two of the 'gooses to put in a neutral hog like Nondual suggested. I don't know if I'll be able to squeeze in a man cannon or two. What do you think? Granted, more tests are needed to really see the problem areas.

#7 Hadokenchild, May 12, 2013
    Last edited: May 12, 2013
  8. Elliot

Elliot BIOC

I'd definitely be interested. GT: El Trocity

More pix plox :3

9. nakala1972

nakala1972 Forerunner

I Would love to help you test this. It looks great.
    My Gamertag is Beemer1972

10. DunkinMyCookies

DunkinMyCookies Ancient

You should submit this. They take submissions to MM, right?

11. Aschur

Id try to put a mancannon to the banshee platform from defenders base if possible, but that might be something that would ruin 1 flag gameplay, so I'd be wary of that. As for the hog, I dont think thats a bad idea, the mongeese didnt get a huge amount of use.

#11 Aschur, May 12, 2013
    Last edited: May 12, 2013
  12. CHa0s

CHa0s Promethean
    Wiki Contributor Senior Member

Wanna know what's hilarious? I was just watching the video of that night, and trying to kill time whilst doing it, came here to see if Black Knight answered about Trident (which is what your map reminded me of and I found he made the original and has remade it) and then I decided to see what else was in this map thread, and wouldn't ya know! It's the map I'm watching gameplay on right this moment! lol

So, map impressions:

It was really fun just as it is! I actually think a hog would ruin it, but I'm willing to withhold judgement until I play it with a hog. Even the man-cannon idea could make it less fun, because we really had to work for that flag, and defense already had to pay attention, man-cannons could possibly break that experience, making it so easy to get the flag out that defense has a less pleasant experience. But again, I'm willing to check it out because I've been wrong before.

Map looked good, played well, I'd definitely recommend it for 1-Flag to anyone.

13. Hadokenchild

Hadokenchild Ancient

UPDATE

-Took out OS and replaced it with a Sticky Det

-Fixed the attackers flag so that it doesn't fall off the map.

-added another natural LOS blocker on Banshee side of attackers base

Let's test!

14. Squeak

Squeak Promethean

Whenever we played it I liked the feel of it. However, a man cannon or something to help get to the flag would be nice.

15. nakala1972

nakala1972 Forerunner

I would love to help test. Let me know when. I am on now, my GT is Beemer1972

16. Hadokenchild

Hadokenchild Ancient

I think (hope) adding the Sticky Det will help.

I don't know what time I'll be on actually. If I can pull a lobby together I'll try to get you in for sure.

17. Hadokenchild

Hadokenchild Ancient

Fracture just got a redesign. Let me know what you think!

18. HissingWings

HissingWings Promethean

I don't exactly remember the original but I definitely know that this is much better. It looks amazing, the blend of forerunner and terrain just looks incredible and I especially like that rock structure in the middle