Forza 4

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by TantricEcho, Oct 11, 2011.

1. TantricEcho

TantricEcho Ancient

Has anyone bought this/played it? I didn't get it because I'm not buying any games this year after Deus Ex. I'm really curious as to what people's opinions from FH are about it.

2. Titmar

Titmar Le Mar du Teet

probably going to buy it tomorrow...

3. pinohkio

pinohkio Ancient

****ing epic.

Just buy it, or at least rent it, go to Autovista, and do the challenge for the 458 Italia to get a feel for how the game renders stuff and manages other stuff.

Multiple sources give it scores ranging from 9/10 - 10/10; and first person with head tracking is a blasty-blast.

4. ♥ Sky

♥ Sky I Beat the old Staff!

I'm definately getting this when it comes out here in the UK, but I don't own kinect so it woill be such a piss take if any of the achievements require it, cos that's just microsoft getting you to buy **** you probably wont use just for some achievements, but as far I cant tell if there will be any kinect-based achievements.

Does anyone know if there will be?

5. Titmar

Titmar Le Mar du Teet

i bought it and it is amazing.

pinohk, FR me

6. Security

Security Ancient

7. pinohkio

pinohkio Ancient

End of day 2, I'm already level 30 with a Ferrari 458 Italia and my shiny new Ferrari Enzo; Ferrari affinity level 17, with continuos 75k every time I level it.

Titmar, Fr will be sent in the morning tomorrow, if it's OK with you. Would you like to join my Car Club as well?

Sky, there might be one kinect-only achievement, the other 47 (read: possibly 48*) are completely unrelated to kinect.

* I do not know if there is an achievement or not.

8. Titmar

Titmar Le Mar du Teet

yea ive only played for a few hours today and im already raking in the dough using a cheap old GTI mk 2. i love building up and customizing my garage. sure ill join the car club, i didnt know about that. how do car clubs work?

9. Shihuru

Shihuru Ancient

I saw the commercial for the game today. im not really into racing games but this one looks amazing. im tired of EA's drained NFS series. I think i'll try my hand with Forza though...

10. TantricEcho

TantricEcho Ancient

Ugh. I'm drooling over these posts. I want to splurge so bad, but I can't afford it. I need to live vicariously through you guys for a couple more months.lol.

11. Titmar

Titmar Le Mar du Teet

yes, you can flip the car.

[​IMG]

pinok... if you're club isn't named "forgehub" then you know you gotta rename it or we start a new one =P

#11 Titmar, Oct 13, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2011
  12. pinohkio

pinohkio Ancient

It's not Forgehub, because I have more friends with the game then members here :p, you can still join if you want though.

13. ♥ Sky

♥ Sky I Beat the old Staff!

Maybe we should create a FH car club??? So we can share all our cool **** with each other :D

14. TantricEcho

TantricEcho Ancient

Do it, make the Forgehub Car club. A friend of mine just got an email from Microsoft, whom he ordered the game from. He ordered the overnight shipping and they messed it up twice. So they sent him a fourth email and said they are refunding his purchase and giving him not one, but two copies of the game. He said if I buy him a few beers on friday, he'll give me the second copy. Woot.

15. Neoshadow

Neoshadow Forerunner

^Lucky sunbitch.

Anyway, I'm considering buying this, renting it on Friday. Anyways, I have a couple of questions.

Getting level 5 in a manufacturer apparently gets 100% discount on all performance parts? If so, is that not amazingly imbalanced? I can't imagine, with there being 50 levels, that getting to level 5 is that hard.

I'm liking how the rest of the game works though. The manufacturer cap instead of a car cap is a great idea, Autovista sounds pretty cool, the rival system sounds amazing and the graphics are pretty sexy.

And the level cap being 150 is a pretty cool guy, as opposed to the old 50.

Last question: Is there any more of that "You have to be VIP" bullshit anymore? Like, your **** not being at the top of the auction house? That ruined forza 3 for me.

16. Titmar

Titmar Le Mar du Teet

tyjikfykitcgykityuki

#16 Titmar, Oct 13, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2011
  17. pinohkio

pinohkio Ancient

I won't be joining, as I have a few close friends who I plan on playing with often, but we can still race and such

18. Titmar

Titmar Le Mar du Teet

=\ maybe i will end up joining yours then... i dont want to be in a club by myself.

19. TantricEcho

TantricEcho Ancient

Gimme some time Titz, I'll join the FHFH and I'll get my friend to join it too. He makes sick-ass decals (at least he did in Forza 3) and I tuned pretty decently in Forza 3.

20. Titmar

Titmar Le Mar du Teet

i cant seem to figure out how to unlock a car to allow me to share it to the club garage.
    i never locked the car. i made the design on it myself.