Fort XERAXES

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by XERAXES, Jul 22, 2008.

1. XERAXES

XERAXES Ancient

Fort Xeraxes
    Pronounced "Zirakseez"

[​IMG]

• Fort Xeraxes is large, big-team type map. It consists of two large forts, lots of weapons, and role-based spawning.

• The map supports all game types, but is most fun on attack & defend type games. It features nearly all weapons, but these depend on what game you're playing.

• How the games are played is considerably different depending on whether the games are symmetrical or asymmetrical.

Let's try to explain the major points now (note: the map has changed slightly since these pictures were taken):

[​IMG]
    This is Fort Xeraxes (or Fort X), it is the defending fort. It has 3 basic entrances, 2 symmetrical armories, a tight ground floor, and a relatively open second floor. It also has a turret (asymmetrical) on the "peak".

[​IMG]
    This is one of Fort X's armories. (They are symmetrical) It features a several human weapons such as a Spartan laser, Battle Rifles, Assault Rifles, SMGs, and Shotguns (asymmetrical). It also has some equipment such as trip mines, shields, and grenades.

[​IMG]
    This is where the flag spawns for fort X. It is on the second floor of the fort. Next to it is either a complementary flame-thrower or Sniper Rifle (depending on what you're playing).

[​IMG]
    This is Fort Y. There are 2 entrances, but the bases are connected. This allows for 2-pronged attacks. This base also has 2 symmetrical armories.

[​IMG]
    This is Fort Y's armory. These covenant weapons vary greatly depending on what is being played, and as you can see feature some dangerous weapons.

[​IMG]
    This is Fort Y's "Captain's Spawn". Every game, one player can spawn here where he'll grab the Hammer, the shield, and basically lead the strike against the opposing team. The area between the 2 bases (where the shield doors are) is where the Flag is positioned for Fort Y.

I'd also like to admit that this map still isn't in its "finished" stage yet (what happened to the testing forum?). I would like more reviews to see how I can change it.

Enjoy.

2. Cries Of Pain

Cries Of Pain Ancient

it's pretty original, could've had a bit more thoughtful. 7/10.

3. Y35 <3

Y35 <3 Ancient

looks very open,
    but for no interlocking it seems like a pretty legit map
    nothing out of the ordinary (wow factor) but it still looks pretty neat

4. Obibital

Obibital Ancient

Pretty cool map but i agree with cries of pain, it could have been a little more thought out. also weapons vaults are usually a bad thing it promotes camping. but who knows it maight play good on this map.

5. XERAXES

XERAXES Ancient

There is actually a fair bit of interlocking.

And there is no point in camping in the armories. I haven't played in a really long time but I know how weapon vaults can ruin a map, but it hasn't happened here in any of my games.

#5 XERAXES, Jul 22, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2008
  6. this is way to simple needs to have thought put in to it

7. redearth

redearth Ancient

The testing board has been moved under forge discussion.

8. TheMisterHat

TheMisterHat Guest

i would like a v2 this map could be better you should make the fort better and bigger and please take out the armory because if you spawn there or near then you can get the power weapons and it will be a un fair match i can not wait for the version two

9. Bloumbas

Bloumbas Ancient

its eh in originality, but it could use interlocking and geomerging eh bra

10. RadiantRain

RadiantRain Ancient

Really neat for no interlocking, i'll give you creadit for that. But could be better with interlocking.

11. XERAXES

XERAXES Ancient

Well these weapons actually make up a huge portion of the game. The map isn't set up for basic spawn-weapon vs spawn-weapon combat, it's based on different sorts of attacks based on what you have. The weapons are just as much a part of the map as the forts.

And there are substantial weapons on both sides, so there won't be a situation where one side would have an advantage in terms of weaponry. (And if there is then I'll have to fix it)

12. Saint Prodigy

Saint Prodigy Ancient

looks like a fun ctf map 4/5

13. iTz Longshot

iTz Longshot Ancient

Its pretty neat, pesonally i think theres alittle bit of open area, but i might play fine. 3.5/5

14. Battleman36

Battleman36 Ancient

Very common to find a castle map. a v2 would be nice. before you do that let this settle in and then wow us with a v2

15. an old granny51

an old granny51 Ancient

i think it is quite good. The lack of interlocking and/or geomerging kind of hurts it but not that much. Looks like a really good casual game map good for assualt or infection. Good Job. 4.5/5

16. XERAXES

XERAXES Ancient

Thanks, I'd still like to know how it works out with huge games, I haven't played enough of those here (in fact I haven't played Halo in a while).

If anyone has any constructive criticism, please post it here or PM me.