Sandbox Fort Rivera

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by AIS Student, Jun 3, 2009.

1. AIS Student

AIS Student Ancient

Fort Rivera
    "I've never believed in God, but I believe in Picasso." -Diego Rivera

Suggested Gametypes: Team Slayer, Territories,
    Neutral Bomb
    Required Gametype: Lockdown (Territories)

This gigantic fort is named after the famous Spanish artist, Diego Rivera. The fort is playable mainly inside, but the major fights begin outside. Each spawn gets 2 BRs, a Flare, Spike Grenades, a Needler, & a Warthog. The Spartan Laser spawns at the front entrance, where the first major brawl begins. Smart players will avoid that area because the Warthogs will surely go that way & slaughter all on foot.

Weapons List (on map/total); respawn (sec.)
    BR: 4/10; 10 & 30 sec.
    Shotgun: 2/2; 60 sec.
    Sniper Rifle: 2/2; 90 sec.
    Spiker: 2/4; 30 sec.
    Plasma Pistol: 2/6; 20 sec.
    Needler: 2/2; 60 sec.
    Brute Shot: 2/4; 90 sec.
    Spartan Laser: 1/2; 180 sec.
    Plasma Cannon: 2/2; 150 sec.
    Warthog (symmetrical): 2/2; 120 sec.
    Transport Hornet (symmetrical): 1/1; 150 sec.
    Chopper (asymmetrical): 1/1; 150 sec.
    Spike Grenade: 8/20; 10 sec.
    Frag Grenade: 6/18; 10 sec.
    Power Drain: 1/1; 90 sec.
    Flare: 2/2; 30 sec.
    Overshield: 1/1; 180 sec.

[​IMG]
    This is the overall view of Fort Rivera. Note the Warthogs on the far sides; that's where the teams spawn.

[​IMG]
    The Defenders side (same as Attackers). Note the bomb arming spot.

[​IMG]
    The bird's eye view of the interior fort. All major weapon spawn can be located in this picture except for Spartan Laser.

[​IMG]
    This is a half of the upper walkway (same on either side). Note Sniper spawn & Overshield spawn.

[​IMG]
    This is the interior of the gun towers, under which you spawn.

[​IMG]
    This is the hangar, where the miscellaneous vehicles spawn. Chopper replaces Hornet in asymmetric games.

[​IMG]
    Good luck trying to get the Laser first!

Please try this map out. I swear to Picasso you'll love it (don't get it? Read quote under map.)! If you'd like to get a big game together, message me on Xbox LIVE, but tell me you saw my Fort Rivera map, or I'll delete the message! I'd recommend playing a Team Slayer-based gametype on this first to get the feel of the map, then try a Neutral Bomb-based gametype, or my Territories game made specifically for this map (Link is at the top.^). Please comment (no spam!), & have fun!

#1 AIS Student, Jun 3, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2009
  2. SmartAlec13

SmartAlec13 Ancient

Very cool. It has a good amount of cover, but still open spaces. And the middle area is sweet. The Hornet might be a little overpowering, but ehh. Transport Hornets have ARs strapped to them, so im just worried for Objective-carrieng

3. AIS Student

AIS Student Ancient

Because the Hornet hasn't any missiles, I think it's probably the least of your worries. More troublesome would be the Warthogs, Snipers, & the Spartan Laser. The Hornet, also, would probably die relatively quickly, because there's barely any room to fly, so it's an effort to dodge Laser fire.

4. Mr Lucifer Morningstar

let me start by saying that my last name is Rivera so this is an automatic download ;)
    Anyways, I llike the layout to your map, it's simple but intresting. The plasma cannons are iffy just because I have never seen them used properly in a map before.
    I'm worried that the hornt it too overpowering in territories, simply because it can move around the map so easily and quickly clear out enimies that are trying to take a territory. This can become more of a problem if your team falis to obtain the spartan laser and/or keep their warthog alive. Other than that this map is a keeper. It's well thought out and well forged, keep it up my friend.

5. Gollygeeanelite

Gollygeeanelite Ancient

This is a beautiful asymmetrical map, let me tell you! I have never before seen such a dynamic map before. The area of battle is increased dramatically because there are so many his and lows, I love it! I'm going to look into this map more, subscribing for now!

6. Flying Dice

Flying Dice Ancient

Even if this weren't a well-forged map, I would DL it just to watch people commit assisted suicide by climbing in a transport Hornet on a map with a laser and two 'hogs. It looks pretty good, I'll try it out tomorrow, when my 360 is back.

7. mavrick145

mavrick145 Ancient

looks amasing! i like the symetry this map has to it....it's differant than most other maps.

8. jday1235

jday1235 Ancient

looks very nice and the hornet may not be a very great idea but ok

9. AIS Student

AIS Student Ancient

Well, I'm open for suggestions. If the Transport Hornet isn't a good idea, should I replace it with a missile-equipped Hornet, or something else?

10. 0 JEFF 0

0 JEFF 0 Ancient

Wow, looks like that took some time. 5/5 for playability - perfect, merging - perfect, symmetrical - perfect, and aesthetics - great lol

11. F2P Game7ypes

F2P Game7ypes Ancient
    Banned

nice asymmetrical map,what i like it that you interlocked some of your objects.
    but why only some of them?
    i also think that you got the whole map control when you control the spartan laser.
    maybe im not write im downloading it and check it out then.

12. I NBK Xen I

I NBK Xen I Ancient

Its a very well made map. However, one way into each base would be bad for campers. It is especially annoying that you have to go into the central structure to get into your own base.

The Chopper is quicker to access on one side than another on foot, I'm not saying go OTT on symmetrical, but a Chopper right next to a Hornet, with a Spartan Laser steps away can be awkward.

Good forging though, concentrate more on gameplay.

13. AIS Student

AIS Student Ancient

The Hornet spawns on symmetric games (Slayer, Assault, CTF, etc...), the Chopper spawns on asymmetric games (Juggernaut, Infection, etc...). I would never put two overpowering vehicles that close together. That's plain insane.

14. A big fat rat

A big fat rat Ancient

wow this map looks amazing! im downloading now and most likely wont get off it for most part of the night!

15. AIS Student

AIS Student Ancient

Well, I've re-edited the main post in this forum (the very first one.), & the overall map view picture now includes a weapons layout. It shows ONLY weapons, & only the major weapons (No grenades, equipment, or vehicles are shown in layout.).

Thank you all for these great comments/reviews! Just as a note, I'm thinking of refurnishing this map to make a 2nd version. New weapons, new vehicles, new spawns, new layouts, whatever you want, I'll make it for you! If you have any suggestions, let me know. As a forewarning, I have reached the limit of objects to put on the map (I do it on all my maps.), so if you have an idea that involves adding something in, tell me what I should delete, as well. Thank you again!