Forging spawn points for free-for-all

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Vice671, May 19, 2009.

1. Vice671

Vice671 Ancient

What's the trick to forging spawn points for free for all gametypes? The map I am making is predominately a team gametype map, but I still want it to work for free for all. Any suggestions?

2. RichIBuildJumps

RichIBuildJumps Ancient

Get a standard H3 map and change the game type to slayer, it will show all the starting points. Ideally (I think) for a medium sized map (Guardian) no more than six players, and 8 on a large map. On Guardian the spawns for FFA are in the individual rooms (Gold, Blue, Jungle, Snipetower). When you make the spawns, set all of them to neutral and make sure they are equally spaced out around power-ups, power weapons and equipment. (It would be unfair for somebody to spawn next to rockets and another person to spawn underneath with nothing but a pistol to pick up).
    If your map is symmetrical, try placing a spawn in each corner, and halfway down 2 of the sides, depending on the weapon layout.
    R

3. Ladnil

Ladnil Ancient

Instead of placing a whole bunch of starting points for each team(attackers and defenders), just place one point per team. Make sure those starting points are close to regular respawn points, as they will cause those nearby respawns to act as starting spawns for that team at the start of a game.

Then, for FFA gametypes, one player will spawn on each starting point, and the rest will be spread across regular respawn points by normal respawn rules.